Northern Rock B.S

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question,

Has anyone claimed against Northern Rock for charges, I am getting stung for £30 per cheque charges.:mad:

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

I have done a search by most of them seem to be for either Mortgage or personal loans and not for bank accounts!

With no conditions

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Won no conditions

• 2 years later...

Can anyone let me know if they have claimed charges back from Northern Rock, I am sick of getting charged £30 a shot and I am now been laid off work so it is going to get worse I have just had a letter off them saying that they have took £60 for two returned direct debits. I don't get any notice of them taking it, it is just gone in one foul swoop.:evil:

I have really had enough of them.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

• 6 months later...

I requested a hardship form from Northern rock as I am unemployed and I can't make payments to my debtors I have contacted CCCS who has made a payment plan for me. However I haven't received my hardship forms from Northern Rock so I phoned them today to say that I had not received them yet. And to my utter surprise they told me they had not been sent out as I am still in credit by 90p is this right.

I am finding the northern rock are a difficult bank to deal with they owe me £1340 in charges and have told me they will not look in to my case until the test case has been heard despite me claiming hardship.:eek:

With no conditions

Won no conditions

I requested a hardship form from Northern rock as I am unemployed and I can't make payments to my debtors I have contacted CCCS who has made a payment plan for me. However I haven't received my hardship forms from Northern Rock so I phoned them today to say that I had not received them yet. And to my utter surprise they told me they had not been sent out as I am still in credit by 90p is this right.

I am finding the northern rock are a difficult bank to deal with they owe me £1340 in charges and have told me they will not look in to my case until the test case has been heard despite me claiming hardship.:eek:

Do you have priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent, council tax, utilities)?

Have you gone back to 27th July 2001 with the hardship claim?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 2 years later...

Please can anyone give me advice,

I have recieved a letter from McKenzie Hall DCA for an outstanding debt which dates back to when I was married.

The company is chasing me for the debt however under the terms of the divorce it was agreed to that my ex-partner would take over the debt

(as it was a joint one) my ex-partner has entered in to a IVA to repay full balance due to divorce settlement.

This was accepted by NRAM who were the orginal creditors.

However now I find that this DCA is chasing me for the full amount.

Any thoughts of what I should do?

I need to send a letter off to them tomorrow so I need advice urgently

I have all the details of the IVA and who it was set up with I just need some help on what to put in the letter.

Thanks in advance.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

check the debt shows on your cfa file see below.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When you send the letter, address it to their compliance manager. Just inform them that the original creditor NRAM are aware your ex-wife is responsible for this account under an IVA. If you have any paperwork, send them a copy.

As DX suggests, check your credit record to make sure it is not shown on yours. If it is, then you need to ask for them to remove it.

Mackenzie Hall have a habit of not receiving letters or not replying. I would suggest sending by normal recorded or atleast getting proof of postage.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have just checked my credit file and it does not appear on there, what do I do now.

Where do I find the details of the compliance manager

With no conditions

Won no conditions

I have just checked my credit file and it does not appear on there, what do I do now.

Where do I find the details of the compliance manager

Rob Sands is their Director of Compliance and you just send it to their Kilmarnock address.

Keep the letter basic and to the point. No point wasting ink.

i.e The account you are chasing was accepted by my ex-wife under a divorce settlement. The original creditors NRAM are aware of this and of the IVA arrangement that she has. May I suggest that you return the file to NRAM or the current owners of the debt and ask them to correct the information that they hold.

Please confirm by return that you have noted the above, that you have not processed any data regarding this account in my name and that you will desist in contact me regarding it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you for your help it has put my mind at ease, after reading about these people on this forum I will not hold my breath on a fast and easy solution.

But I am very grateful.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

You should simply ignore them. If you are happy the debt cannot be enforced why waste your time writing? They WILL go away if you ignore them- I know from personal experience.

Pretty much ALL DCAs go away if you don't reply. I have seen off over 30 with this simple tactic.

McKenzie Hall in particular can be ignored, most of what they chase is unenforceable and I don't think they ever do court.

Edited by give them FA

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

Got another two letters from these muppets, should I ask for proof of debt or send a statuate barred letter with it not appearing on my credit file?

I have a copy of the IVA should I also send that or do I really need to go to a solicitor

With no conditions

Won no conditions

It says that they have wrote to me twice regarding the outstanding amount and that they have had no response from me.

then it goes on about how much is owed namely 16K then it says that the client with either get an attachment of earnings or put a charging order on the property and that I should phone them (yeah of course I am going to phone these muppets - not)

I have a copy of the IVA which states the full amount and that 29% is to be re-payed, but they are saying that because it was a joint account I am still liable depsite my divorce settlement saying that my ex will take over the debt.

Just want this to go away now I have already paid off about 25K of debt and cant aford anymore as I only work 2.5 days per week

Any ideas

With no conditions

Won no conditions

If your ex-wife agreed in a legally drawn up settlment that she would take on sole liability for the debt, then you have the perfect defence that it is not your debt, so you shouldn't be worrying about it, especially as it is not on your CRA file.

I'd go along with the others on this and ignore them for the moment, however, don't throw away any correspondence from them as it can be very useful in the future, should you feel compelled to write in your defence. You can clearly state to them the fact that you are not liable/responsible for this debt and give them a very clear reason why.

If they persist, you'd be well served following Uncle B's advice. Simple, straight forward letter, stating the facts.

Don't send a statute barred letter as the debt is not SB if your ex has been paying it back through her IVA. It just sounds like this DCA are trying to fleece you.

Keep us informed as to how you get along and good luck!

H. x

Yes, when I referrred to "binning" their letters I did mean metaphorically rather than physically. Don't throw away post, but replying to tossers like these only encourages them. Trust us, they will go away. Don't waste time effort and postage dealing with morons.

Just be aware that it still legally remains half your debt even though your divorce settlement says she will take responsibility for it. In theory they can come to you and your legal recourse would be then to go after her for it. However, as it is subject to an IVA and as you have your court order and these clowns don't know their ar@* from their elbow I would write a short letter. Say the debt is subject to an IVA end of and then ignore them (I assume the whole of the debt is subject to the IVA and not just half of it?). I sincerely doubt they will take it any further. And if they did (big if) then you still have this as a defense.

Hi All,

Just tried out noodle.co.uk and it clearly states the account is settled. I am in a dilema to send a letter to them or not, surely if the credit report states settled then I am not responsible as surely my ex has declared the full amount to them for the IVA and it was accepted by them. I spoke to the CAB who said if the bank accounts have been seperated for over 6 years then the account is statue barred as I have not paid any money to them and the fact that my ex was the main account holder ?

Any thoughts

Regards

Datxman

With no conditions

Won no conditions

I think you are reading way too much into these petty puerile letters.

Your reaction is exactly how these letters are designed to make you react.

It does not show on your credit file.

You have the evidence that this is no longer your responsibility.

If it is over six years since you paid them anything then yes it will be SB.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thanks BB it is just another thing I can't deal with at this moment in time and the letters come thick and fast.

I just wasnt sure if my ex is paying the IVA if I would still be seen as being responsible for the debt.

That is what these muppets are saying.

I think I will just ignore the letters for the time being.

I am grateful for everyones advice on this you are certainly a help and I will donate to the CAG as they have been fantastic.

With no conditions

Won no conditions

What you really must remember is that these letters have absolutely NO human input whatsoever, well less for the Posti pushing it through your letterbox.

They are ALL printed off and spat out by a computer that has been programmed to send these puerile missives at regular intervals, when they don't receive a response, the computer simply changes gear, up and until a human being tells it to stop, or it simply continues sending you the same lame idle threats.

YOU are the one in control,

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!