SWINTON referred my sister to KINDERTON (NON FAULT ACCIDENT )

A1362

Do you have the third parties details?

Also, how much is the shortfall?

A1362, you seem to be Reporting posts instead of posting your answers onto this thread.

If BankFodder asks you a question, you just need to type your answer into the white box below his post.

HB

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I should also have asked how much have you received so far – and does that also cover any expenses which you have incurred

• 2 weeks later...

hello 

after last week ,

I received a cheque for the low amount  £905.00, on the collection day for the courtesy car last Thursday morning from KINDERTONS.(I do not intend to spend it as I AM more concerned now about my case )

Then I received two phone calls from KINDERTONS AND CARPENTERS on Friday morning asked me to answer the email with all details about the car accident and etc , they asked me to write in details as much as I can .

I asked them why you want these details as I already sent it to Swinton, carpenters, Moto Inspire and KINDERTONS first day I claimed.

KINDERTONS said because the third party has disputed the liability .

I did email them with sketch of the accident details, injury details to that form

.I sent all details to BOTH KINDERTONS AND CARPENTERS.

I rang Moto inspire 

they told me kindetgons should not have handled the case as they are handling the case

because of that therefore we moto Inspire will HOLD BACK and see if KINDERTONS AND CARPENTERS can WIN the case

they asked me to update them and they send me an EMAIL with loads of information which they should have sent me on the first day !!

I am more concerned now than before about this kindertons again! 

Ask Swintons about the handling of the claim, as it sounds a bit of a mess. At every stage of the claim, it should be explained to you exactly what is happening and why. 

The fact that you are posting to this website looking for answers is a sign of a poor quality of claims service being provided.

When you contact Swinton you should complain about the quality of the claims service and ask them to investigate. Ask for a full written explanation of the handling of the claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Unfortunately yes you are right . poor communication ,no clarification,

When i rang Swinton, they said your insurer is INSPIRE motor, I rang many times to Inspire and they never explained anything to me.

This was last Friday when I rang them and complained about the mess.

this is the email The inspire sent me .

I do not know what should I do , they appointed Kinderton to handle my case and now they have held back .

Companies involved in your claim:

Swinton – your insurance broker responsible for the management and sale of your policy – they have limited influence or say in the claims handling

Davies motor (us)- We are the claim handling agents who work for your policy underwriter, we are responsible for settling comprehensive policy claims made by our policy holders and claims made against our policy holders

Kindertons – A none fault service recommended by your broker who has handled your vehicle damage claim and is handling the credit hire vehicle you have been placed in.

Carpenters -  A none fault service recommended by your broker - solicitor firm who is handling your personal injury

Current status 

• Kindertons & carpenters are currently handling your claim to obtain a none fault outcome,  as you are not requiring claiming via your policy and as the liability is being handled by the companies mentioned , we will take no action or communicate with the third party insurer at this time as a means of preventing over complication and “prejudicing their position”
  • Your vehicle has been marked as been written off  and as per our conversation your damage claim has been settled – this prevent you claiming via your comprehensive policy
  • Because there is a element of Liability dispute, we will keep this claim open and your no claims discount will  be affected

Next Steps

• Reply to this email  with the reference and communication email address of Carpenters
  • Reply to this email  with the reference and communication email address of kindertons
  • Let us know ONCE either kinder tons and carpenters obtain a none fault outcome, we recommend you ask for a email so you can forward this to us – so we can look to close the claim and allow your no claims discount
  • Let us know if either kindertons or carpenters inform you that are not proceeding with your claim, as it means we will need to take over the claim dispute

Our telephone number: 01782 982902 

Kind Regards

John Whitaker

Third Party Claims Handler 

www.davies-group.com

You are still a client of Swinton so they have a responsibility for the service provided by those delegated to handle the claim.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Ok i definitely will contact SWINTON

I am so confused and they messed up a alot (both INSPIRE MTRO AND SWIntON) that I do not know

how to start my complain and how to deal with these two as well !!

There is another problem 

On Friday, when I rang them, they asked me after 2 months: "do you know where is your car at the moment. is it written off or repairable "

I was shocked by this question and I said no

,kindertons collcetd them and you are supposed to know.

and because On Thursday, I rang INSPIRE MOTOR, the lady the told me about the engineer report which I managed to ask her to email it to me and again I was shocked .

This was non fault accident and they deducted the excess charge !  

if INSPIRE MOTOR had no knowledge about where my car is and what has happened to it then how have they conducted this report !!and sent it to me on last Friday .

Kindertons send me the second valuation of my car 2 weeks ago via email, the one that I agreed on and was told that kindertons will chase the rest of amount for me, they confirmed in email as well ,

I received the lower amount cheque on the day of courtesy car collection

which i do not intend to spend it until the end of this case .

I can send you the INSPIRE MOTOR Engineer report if that helps more to know what should I do next  please .

Your complaint to Swinton is that your simple non fault claim has now become so complex due to the number of companies handling different aspects, that you have no idea what is going on with the claim.  It appears Davies Motor are the main handlers of the claim, but that their communications are not offering you any exact information about the current position of the claim.

This is a classic situation where the more people who become involved in dealing with something the more confusing it becomes.

What you are wanting Swinton to do for you is to contact Davies Motor to get them to confirm the exact current position with the claim. What is the breakdown of how the £905 payment has been calculated.

You could contact Davies Motor directly, but I think Swinton as your brokers should note your complaint.

It was KINDERTONS who valued my car 2 times and provided me with 2 different Engineer reports .

I rejected the first value and they assessed my car again and calculated £1274 for the value which I agreed on .

They rang me and said the third party paid the lower amount and we can not keep hold of it.

KINDERTONS issued the cheque and I received the £905 lower amount, told me they will chase the rest up .

Inspire motor have done their own valuation during this time and did not contacted me until last Friday.

Sent me their Engineers report with breakdown of values for my car in it. 

First I made a complain to Swinton and next should I rang Inspire, I didn't know what to ask - 1 messed up .

They said they deducted my excess and refused to pay the remaining insurance money. I have until JULY.

it was a non fault accident and until Friday kindertons didn't tell me about the Liability disputed by the third  party,

I do not understand how INSPIRE conducted and calculated all this and considered non fault accident before this.

Kindertons never contacted nor informed me about the INSPIRE engineers report and asked me where my car was and whether it was repairable or total loss!

I would be grateful if you can guide me where to start towards INSPIRE MOTOR

Thank you

Don't know where Inspire fit into your claim process.

Contact Davies Motor as they said they handle the claim

Apperently Inspire and Davies are the same ,I rang and asked them never been contacted me ,never informed me  about kindertons to this appoint while I rang them many times and that they are responsible forthe situation I am forced in to

He expected me to chase up and update them !! he completely deny any connection to KINDERTONS never knew you claimed through them !which I never aware of untill now

also told me that they never saw my car and  where it was towed to until last FRIDAY that I told them about KINDERTONS  engineer reports from DAVIES is lying and I have their report engineer as well from them

, long story short after 1 hour talking on the phone  I was told to ask Swinton and complain to them which I did and explained the mess and dealing with loads of company myself ,Inspire is my insurer and have responsibility and asked about any update relevant to my case ,any corresponding  to be via email

and this is the email  received from Swinton.

UR Ref: XXXX

Dear XXXX

I am writing in response to your complaint raised on 25 March 2024 regarding your Private Car - Premier insurance policy. I am sorry to hear of the problems you have encountered with the service provided by Inspire Motor Ltd(1) and Kindertons Accident Management.

We go through a rigorous selection process with our panel of insurers, however, as an insurance broker we are unable to respond on their behalf on complaints regarding their service.  We do however expect high standards of service for our customers from all our partners so thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will use this feedback to improve this service.

What happens next:

• So that this element of your complaint can be fully investigated, I have forwarded your concerns to Inspire Motor Ltd(1) and Kindertons Accident Management , who will now investigate this further and they will provide a response to you directly.
  • They have eight weeks to respond to you, but should you not receive a response within this time, or wish to discuss your complaint with them, their contact details are: 

Inspire Motor Ltd(1)

Po Box 12397

Colchester

CO1 9QN

[email protected]

Kindertons Accident Management
Marshfield Bank
Crewe
CW2 8UY
0343 515 9674

[email protected]

If you are unhappy that we have passed this complaint to your insurer, you do have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service,free of charge, which you must do within six months of the date of this email.

If you refer it to them after six months has passed the Ombudsman will not have our permission to consider your complaint, and so will only be able to do so in very limited circumstances. For example, if the Ombudsman believes that the delay was as a result of exceptional circumstances.

The following website https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/ordering-leaflet/leaflet includes more information on the service provided by the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you would prefer to receive a hard copy of the leaflet then please let us know and we will post this to you.

Yours sincerely

Claire Evans

Swinton Complaints Team