Severn Trent water: Reporting to Credit Reference Agencies

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 99 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

Minor thing here but wondering what CAG members think...

I paid my water bill throughout 2023 from April to October seven out of eight payments with one remaining for November which I have not so far paid.

ST water duly recorded the non payment with Transunion/KreditKama as follows:

October:  a tick mark

November: -- indicating no data

December  x indicating a missed payment.

OK not happy but fair enough.

But January I have got a x again but no more payments are due.

At first glance this would seem unfair as I have only failed to pay once, the last payment for the year due in November and nothing more is due till April apart from my current arrears of £34.

Can that be right that they can continue to record the one missed payment month after month?

Not troubling me greatly but would be interested to see opinions on how this data is presented.

Did you contact them before hand to inform you would miss a payment ? Did they contact you to give you 7 days to make payment ?

Like many other utilities companies, we share your personal data with, and receive your personal data from, Credit Reference Agencies.

This helps us to:

maintain up-to-date customer records

prevent fraud and identify customers at risk of falling into debt

find and help customers who need financial assistance

manage debt levels and, in turn, keep prices lower for all customers

If you pay your bill on time, sharing your data will also positively impact your credit rating.

There are three Credit Reference Agencies, and we share data with two of these: TransUnion and Equifax.

These companies hold and share information about your previous credit history and payment behaviour. 

This will include whether you have paid bills on time and in full in the past. This data is refreshed and updated every month and contributes towards your credit score.

Every month we will share your outstanding balance and a status reflecting your payment behaviour. 

If you pay your bills on time and in full, this will be shared each month along with your account balance and a status “0” which tells the Credit Reference Agency that you are up to date.

If you are over one month late in your payment your credit score may be impacted. If your account is one month behind it will be shared as a “1”, two months behind a “2” and so on, up to a 6 for an account that's six months behind on payments.

If you are on an alternative payment plan, for affordability reasons, or to cover debt on the account, you will be reported as an “i” to Credit Reference Agencies. This indicates to the Credit Reference Agency that a non-standard payment arrangement with Severn Trent is active on your account. We report alternative payment plans as a different payment plan to support other businesses make responsible lending choices.

WWW.STWATER.CO.UK

The Severn Trent Water website is the place to manage your account. You can keep up to date with news and learn about water quality and Severn...

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They called me about a week ago and I said I had no money and couldnt pay them.  They said they would get back to me 19th February but would still report it to the CRA's.

My question is really about the presentation of this data.  I have missed one payment but no others are due.  They are making it look as though I am missing a payment every month!

7 minutes ago, Andyorch said:

If you are over one month late in your payment your credit score may be impacted. If your account is one month behind it will be shared as a “1”, two months behind a “2” and so on, up to a 6 for an account that's six months behind on payments.

Ring them up them and quote the above if its incorrect.

Have you now paid the missing month?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

15 minutes ago, comebackjimmy said:

They will have to wait

Thats why its showing on your credit file, some water companies will not allow you to pay monthly once you default on an annual payment plan.

and just remember only them and you can see the calendar missed payments stuff.

unless you are paranoid its kicked your so called credit rating down forget about it.

no-one else can see it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Plenty of other adverse reports so this one is not making any material difference, it was just the way it was being shown.

The tick and cross system gives the impression that a payment is being missed every month.

I note the comment about not being offered a payment plan again and the phrase blood out of a stone springs to mind..

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by comebackjimmy