MET ANPR PCN - Overstay - double dipping? - Appealed - Misleading signage? - Starbucks (closed) 346 SouthGate Park, Stansted, CM24 1PY

I was thinking the same LFI.  If the double dipping is proved then that means their PCN is a nonsense.

They could in theory then issue a new PCN for the no return but it would be far too late after the event to establish keeper liability.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Also there is a very good chance that this car park is covered by airport bye-laws, and a private company cannot just waltz in and decide they are the law. 

It would be a good idea to find out one way or the other.  Contact Stansted Airport with their webform  https://www.stanstedairport.com/help/contact-details/  and ask
   - to be e-mailed a copy of the bye-laws
   - to be informed of what area the bye-laws cover and
   - specifically if Southgate Road is covered by bye-laws.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

eres a little update.

I made a 'Subject access request' in early January and posted the letter, signed for, next-day delivery, which MET responded to in early February (the letter was dated within the time frame, but I didn't receive it until later). It contained no new information that I didn't already have.

No other correspondence has been received, I thought perhaps they were dropping their charge attempt?

Roll on to last week and I received a 'Pay Now' letter from Debt Recovery Plus.

It states that four payment deadlines have been missed, and this is the last opportunity to pay an increased charge, or face potential court action. I've not received any other notifications, since getting the SAR request response.

There is a schedule attached headed Terminal Contact, with a big list of actions they claim they have complied with and that legal action is now imminent. Although, it's obviously a pro-forma unsigned scare tactic document.

They also refer to (as people have highlighted on this forum) the Parking Eye vs Beavis Case.

It seems I just have to see if they are actually going to raise a county court case?

I've also just received an e-mail from Stansted airport containing the following;

Our Byelaws do not cover this land as it falls outside of MAG ownership.

This area is owned and managed by the company Aurora. Regrettably, we do not have any contact information for the owner of this land.

Apologies we cannot be of further assistance on this occasion.

Kind regards,

Although I wonder if this should be Arora, who i believe own the hotels close to the site?

Ignore the letters. 

ONLY worry about a letter of claim.

If you get one come back here. If you get a claim form come back here (BUT you should already be back given you should come back when you get a letter of claim).

They might issue a claim, but as soon as you defend and decline mediation I doubt they'll take it further.

They know they won't win. They're just hoping people pay up before it gets to the point of issuing a claim, or that they don't respond to the claim form, or I guess that they defend but agree to mediation.

Anyhow let the letters flow, nothing to be worried about. Just keep an eye out for letter of claim or a claim form. Those are the  (only) important ones

• Like 1

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

1 hour ago, EssexBiker said:

Our Byelaws do not cover this land as it falls outside of MAG ownership.

this is interesting, this is the first time we have had definitive proof of this area being NOT covered by the byelaws in black and white.

i had i think i suspected this and commented upon it many many months ago last year because that development was an extension of the airport complex built 1980's i seem to remember when i lived very near there.

dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Same response as this thread in January (I found this looking up Aurora on Google), quite literally copy pasted.

MET PCN - overstay - appealed - starbucks closed - Southgate Rd, 346, Stansted - Private Land Parking Enforcement - Consumer Action Group 

As lookinforinfo stated on the above thread

I found this as a definition of what airport land is under s13 [6] of the Airports Act 1986 amended 2013

"(6) In subsection (5) “airport land”, in relation to an airport, means land which is attached to the airport and was on 1st April 1986 administered with the airport as a single unit."

From the document we found on another thread we're fairly confident this is "airport land" as it's within the boundaries, even if MAG don't own the land directly. 

Depending on how deep you wish to go, you can buy a copy of the Title Register off of HM Land Registry for the freehold which will confirm who the land owner is. This costs £3.00.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread