Nexus ANPR PCN - machines/app not working - Crasswell Street MSCP Car Park, Portsmouth

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I used a car park that had signs on the payment machines saying they were out of order and to use alternative machines. I found two others (on different floors). Both machines were failing to taking card payments, declining cards (not just mine).

So I downloaded their app. Same issue. Called them but they only operate mon-fri and this was a Saturday. 

Now I have a £100 fine. I intend to appeal but their appeal website makes you confirm you are the driver.

It wasn’t for the lack of trying to pay! 6-10 other people couldn’t pay either. 

Should I use their appeal page?

Many thanks!

Definitely do NOT appeal.

More info if I can get to a PC later, rather than this stupid phone.

Unless one of the others chime in...

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

You'll have loads of time Noodle.

Please fill in our sticky first so the guys can advise.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/391121-have-you-received-a-parking-ticket-please-fill-this-out/#comment-4684358

We're all volunteers here, so bear with us until someone gets some free time.

Oh, and start reading around the forum, so you know what to expect from the fleecers. (Our endearing term for the Private Parking Companies).

Also,

IT ISN'T A FINE!

It's an invoice for something the idiots say you've done wrong...

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I was about to post the sticky but Nicky Boy beat me to it!

Yes, please let us have that information so we can help you better.

BTW, you haven't received a fine, a private company doesn't have the power to issue fines, it's a simple invoice, and the possible consequences of not-paying are those for non-payment of an invoice.

Do not appeal to the scammers!  They have deliberately left the machines broken so they can issue their invoices and use a crooked appeals system to get the driver's details.

Please redact name, address, VRN, fleecers' reference number - in short anything that could identify you.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo
  • Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yep, just read the sticky properly.

All of the info you need is right there...

I'm gone for the evening now. Just like you should be Dave...!

• Like 1

One last question before tomorrow - did you get any photos of the knackered machines?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Like an idiot no! I only took a photo of the board that gave the app to download and the number to call

But I do have the call record and a screenie of my attempt to pay by app failing. 

Naive I know but there were a bunch of other people who were standing around wondering what to do, so I thought the company would think it weird several people left together all without making a payment. Silly me. 

• dx100uk changed the title to Nexus PCN- machines and app not working

You have a claim of" frustration of contract "to assist you. It isn't your fault that their machines are not working nor that a company that operates a 7  day business is not available on two of the busiest days to assist motorists.

Don't think you need a scanner [nor a scammer !] to answer the questions. Your mobile phone can take pictures of your PCN. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, LittleNoodle said:

Like an idiot no! I only took a photo of the board that gave the app to download and the number to call

But I do have the call record and a screenie of my attempt to pay by app failing.

Well done!  That will help immensely later down the line.

Hello again, answers below and letter attached - many thanks! 

1 Date of the infringement 22 July 2023

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 01 August 2023

3 Date received 08 August 2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] Yes

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up N/A

7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Crasswell Street MSCP Car Park, Portsmouth

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. BPA

If you have received any other correspondence, please mention it here N/A

2023-08-01 Nexus ANPR PCN incident 22-07-2023.pdf

Yes, that's correct. Well they said in the letter "As we have no record of payment for the parking on the date in question, or the duration exceeded for the period paid for..."

So they aren't sure themselves it seems!

2 machines had huge signs saying they weren't working, the other machines weren't working, neither was the app to pay with. I called before giving up and leaving to see what I could do (payment over phone? lol) - but it was a Saturday, recorded message said they are only open Mon-Fri. 

Don't suppose there was a franked date of posting on the envelope?

Their invoice arrived out of time to be valid.

They've done the usual trick of printing a "date of issue", then actually posting it a few days later, eating up a chunk of the "reduced" paynent window.

Haha did I put scammer? I definitely used a scanner... 
Thank you for the info. I noticed the duration on the letter pushed me into another hour as when I went to pay the fee was for "up to 2 hours" 

40 minutes ago, Nicky Boy said:

Don't suppose there was a franked date of posting on the envelope?

No, it just has something that looks like a QR code and 1 B033 208 stamped next to it but no date

You now have to decide whether you want to pay the fleecers just to make it all go away, or fight them.

Looks like you have enough evidence to bat them away.

If you fight, this could go on for some time, as you'll see if you read other threads. (Months of threatening letters).

We'd love to see you up for a scrap and would help you every step of the way.

You would HAVE to engage with the forum. (Some users don't and come unstuck).

Your choice.

I absolutely don't want to pay this as I tried 4 ways to pay (machine 1, machine 2, app - a few times, and calling them).
If they have cctv they can see me doing this and the others, esp the machine directly outside the entrance of Tesco with others not being able to get the machine to work, I have the record of the call to them on my phone before I left also etc. 

I'm even tempted to contact the local rag (who have reported on this car park before due to complaints, but under different companies) as other people around me that day genuinely wanted to pay, but couldn't!

ETA: I know they wouldn't give a single care to look at cctv - if it's even working!

Edited by LittleNoodle

Just been trying to find the car park on Google... Is it the Tesco one?

They're not interested in CCTV, even if it was available. They just want your money.

DO NOT credit them with any sense of decency, or compare them with a "normal" business.

There's a reason we call them "fleecers"!

• dx100uk changed the title to Nexus ANPR PCN - machines/app not working - Crasswell Street MSCP Car Park, Portsmouth
51 minutes ago, LittleNoodle said:

Yes, that's correct. Well they said in the letter "As we have no record of payment for the parking on the date in question, or the duration exceeded for the period paid for..."

what letter? you didnt appeal did you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yea just done it properly can see it now..:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

45 minutes ago, Nicky Boy said:

Just been trying to find the car park on Google... Is it the Tesco one?

They're not interested in CCTV, even if it was available. They just want your money.

DO NOT credit them with any sense of decency, or compare them with a "normal" business.

There's a reason we call them "fleecers"!

Yes it's next to Tesco but I believe it's entirely separate (not like most Tescos they have an associated car park, with a free 30 mins etc or free parking with min spend, but I don't know for certain as I never use that Tesco)

Noted, fleecers it is!