Seahorse v Cabot

Seahorse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5885 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

In case you are wondering why Bankfodder posted on this thread, it's because pmhcfc and myself were discussing Cabot's Law of Property stance last night and decided to see what BF made of it. pmhcfc sent him the PM but I don't know what he wrote. BF has not made any comment on this particular issue though. I guess the only way to get answers is to let a judge/FOS/OFT determine the issue.

Regards, Pam

Just so you're aware, I just asked BF to take a look at the thread to see if he could shed any light on the subject, this in respect of what me and Inkogneetoh were discussing yesterday, no sinisism intended- just wanted to get another (experienced) point of view is all...I personally am just waiting for Cabot to go over their 12 days + 1 month (not long now) before I can do my own 'thing' with them, so add me to the list. I am with Seahorse (and many others no doubt) on this though, it's not me I'm worrying about per say. This has become all about Cabot and the way they do what they do. I understand that for every one of us that are here and fighting them, there are a 3,000 that are drowning under thier tirade of alleged edited by pmhcfc practices.

Just hate every DCA out there

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BF I have just lodged a complaint to ICO and have court action too but I would welcome a Cabot forum as there are many threads now on them and to group them all together would be useful. The idea of a class action is appealling I have to say. SeaHorse, Tbern, myself, Elizabeth1, Andrew1 are all very active against them, particularly SH & TB but I agree let's bee aggressive and go for them.

BF - I am also working on a court claim against these companies non compliance CCA/SAR, ICO sharing data illegally, FOS, FSA and TS

I also have made a decision to have a "POP" at a person within this jolly "network" who thought he was sitting pretty causing people misery!! anyone interest in this please PM me - I aim to hit a blindside!!!

BF - can I PM you this evening?? as I might need some help with my strategy here as I aim to tackle this full on - and am just allowing these people the 7 days to respond to my letter before I file my claim (wed 14th)

Excuse me for appearing 'thick' but wouldn't it be a good idea to have a thread with template letters, POC etc as well, if issuing court papers re CCA non-compliance etc.

I for one would love to send complaints etc to the relevant authorities regarding our friends 'Cabot' but unlike a lot of people, my letter writing skills are not up to scratch regarding all of this.

Feel free to poo poo my idea now guys !!!!!

darling

PS Please add me to the PM list as well.

Monument sold my debt to Cabot and I am at the stage of NI claim (Monument) but they have not acknowledged the court claim. It should have been on the 8/3. I will wait a couple of days before issuing the request for judgement but what I am concerned about is my claim against Monument is for the return of charges and the removal of the default. Would it just be the charges returned and they will ignore the default. I had it in my poc on the NI form. Of course its Kingshill 1 who keep entering the default on my credit file. Checked it today and its still on there but I was advised to go after Monument first. Do you think Monument are pulling fast one by not acknowledging the NI and letting me request judgement and then they can ignore the default?

If the judgement goes against them, and the default was as a result of charges, I see no reason why you should not be able to pursue them if they refuse to remove the default. After all, if they continue, then it is based on inaccurate information, and is then, I'm sure, a DPA matter.

Guest ian cognito

I'd go one step further than that, if you can prove a jusgement aganst them, the Credit Reference Agencies must take that over what their clients say otherwise they could also be in big trouble, it's one thing refusing to take the work of a data subject but something else altogether to refuse to take notice of the court.

Many thanks to Andrew1 and the other 'anony mouse' who gave me clicks today - very much appreciated! :)

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

If the judgement goes against them, and the default was as a result of charges, I see no reason why you should not be able to pursue them if they refuse to remove the default. After all, if they continue, then it is based on inaccurate information, and is then, I'm sure, a DPA matter.

I think I may have something don't want to post it here though !!!!

Just so you're aware, I just asked BF to take a look at the thread to see if he could shed any light on the subject, this in respect of what me and Inkogneetoh were discussing yesterday, no sinisism intended

I can't really answer for BF but I will be very very suprised if he had the time to read an 11 page thread he is just far to busy .If there was particular questions you had you would be much better putting all the questions in one post and bringing that post to the attention of a moderator who will then ask BF to look at it .

Just trying to help :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

pmhcfc

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seahorse

I think I may have something don't want to post it here though !!!!

The above was in reply to my posting. Can you let me know by a pm what you mean, I'm really interested. Thanks again

This thread needs a bump.. Good to see word is getting around Rip-Off Britain - The Consumers Champion, Rip-off, ripoff britain, ripoff, rip-off uk, ripoff uk, ripped-off, rip of, rip-of, council tax increases, council tax rises, fuel prices, petrol prices, consumers, consumer complaints, brassed-off britain, b

Hmm..I wonder who's responsible for getting that latest alert ? me? never guv...I was having my hair washed at the time.

Well, look what I have found. Have a look at this thread...

Citi Card Lba Sent 05/09/06 - Penalty Charges Forum

Seems the guy tried to take Citi to court and was told, as the debt was sold to Cabot, they are the ones to chase for unfair penalties!!!!

Comments, anyone?

Hmmm...Wonder if this has anything to do with this Rights/Duties discussion??! Maybe not, but just a thought..

Remember, this was Citi at the hearing, not Cabot. I'm going to try to get in touch with him to find out how he's getting on.

This would lend itself to the scenario I painted a while back, would it not????

And the email I half jokingly sent to WW.

This is interesting because my Citi 'debt' ( all charges!) was sold to Cabot (KHill) and when I claimed over £1k back in charges from Citi they paid my charges less what they believed was the OFT price of £12 back to Cabot £500 !

I still haven't chased Citi for it all back but it is interesting this guy took Citi to court and where this puts Cabots ' buying the rights and not the duties' issue.

I'll look at this deeper and we'll have to check this out as I want ALL my charges back and what I have paid Cabot to date.

Andrew1 I have started court action against my original lender for the refund of my penalties as they say they have paid them to Cabot. They really can't have this both ways.

If they have sold the account to Cabot and tell us to "clear off you have to deal with them now" how is it they think they can refund penalties to Cabot on our behalf?

I am also seeking disclosure via the original lender of how much Cabot paid for this debt as if it is the 10% or less that we beleive then they have paid just a few hundred pounds and have been given a few thousand pounds of MY money.

So either way I'll get it back from the lender or from Cabot if they really can produce the executed agreement (not an application form) which legally shows their rights to this account. And don't forget the S85 bit that is going on on the Conusmer Credit Agreement thread in the General section.

If this stands up Cabot will have to refund all the interest due under this section so their bargain basement accounts will start to cost them a pretty penny.

Andrew1 I have started court action against my original lender for the refund of my penalties as they say they have paid them to Cabot. They really can't have this both ways.

Ask them to provide documentary evidence to show this.

Hello everyone,

Just my opinion, but I don't believe they (the original creditors) actually pay anybodys refunds to a DCA!

I think they may have an arrangement with the DCA to reduce the debt. Some DCA's usually offer a "reduction" on the debt anyway. They bought them for peanuts in the first place, so it's no big loss! Therefore no actual money is refunded!

Once again, just my opinion!

Cheers, Jeff.

... but they (Cabot) bought my debt for about £100, I've already paid them about £90 in response to their harrassment - Credit Card refunded £500 of my £1000 + unlawful charges to Cabot so Cabot have made a tidy £410 profit... work that one out for yourself :mad:

... but they (Cabot) bought my debt for about £100, I've already paid them about £90 in response to their harrassment - Credit Card refunded £500 of my £1000 + unlawful charges to Cabot so Cabot have made a tidy £410 profit... work that one out for yourself :mad:

Hi andrew,

That's my point. Do you really think the CC company really paid Cabot £500!

Especially if the debt did only cost about £100! Nice work if you can get it!

Still, like seahorse said it would be nice to know for sure!

Jeff.