Tenancy Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5005 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All,

Where can I get a copy of a tenancy agreement (without paying large sums). Also, which agreement should be used - there are different types?

The situation - I am thinking of moving in with my girlfriend and let my 2up2down house to her son and son's girlfriend, but would like to do things correctly to be fair to both (all three?) parties.

Also, I would like to leave some of my property in the loft and garage - as girlfriends place does not have a garage for my motorcycles... does this change things?

Other things to consider?

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...

John, ensure that you get a "furnished" assured shorthold tenancy agreement (6 months tenancy) as the conditions vary slightly if you are leaving items at the property. Would also recommend that you make a comprehensive list of the items which are being left, whether in the attic or not. This then needs to be attached to the Agreement and you all sign to say the list is correct.

Claire

Halifax plc - £1600 WON - received

Halifax plc - £925 WON - received

Halifax plc £370.00 WON - received

Yorkshire Bank - £1290 WON - received for boyfriend

Back to sort out Credit File and get back on track!

HAVE FAITH AND KEEP GOING :p

John, ensure that you get a "furnished" assured shorthold tenancy agreement (6 months tenancy) as the conditions vary slightly if you are leaving items at the property. Would also recommend that you make a comprehensive list of the items which are being left, whether in the attic or not. This then needs to be attached to the Agreement and you all sign to say the list is correct.

Claire

Claire,

Thanks.

The A.S.T. that thehomee forwarded is for furnished or unfurnished property. It mentions an attached itinerary of furnishings, so this will be done. I have not spoken to girlfriends son yet about furnished state.

thehomee - the agreement refers to the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, but I can only find the 1987 amendments Act and the 1995 Act. I have looked but can not see if the 1995 Act supersedes the 1985 Act completely. Do you have an electronic copy of the 1985 Act?

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I would advise getting a solicitor to draw it up. As a tenant, I have had some problems with my Landlord and the agreement is very flimsy - generally in my favour if it were get to court. But in the case of problems, its very upsetting for both sides not to know exactly where they stand - and then have to pay for legal advice anyway!

Make sure its water tight before yo sign your house away!

Any advice given is purely my opinion and not based on any legal fact unless referenced with a case. Follow my advice at your own risk. Although the fact may be correct, my interpretation and therefore findings may not

Barclays - £391 Just getting started

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/144290-chris-barclays-take-2-a.html

Barclays - £760 Settled in full

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/17995-chris-barclays-bank.html

Barclaycard - £100 settled in full

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclaycard/17996-chris-barclaycard.html

Hi, I would advise getting a solicitor to draw it up. As a tenant, I have had some problems with my Landlord and the agreement is very flimsy - generally in my favour if it were get to court. But in the case of problems, its very upsetting for both sides not to know exactly where they stand - and then have to pay for legal advice anyway!

Make sure its water tight before yo sign your house away!

Cpt Black,

Many thanks for this. I have been reading up a lot on the Acts as well as the Trading Standards guide mentioned recently on Moneysavingexpert site. All interesting reading. Some time to go, so no rush - girlfirend has to sell her place first and we even have not got a valuation yet...

Cheers,

John

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello all,

i've just read this thread and i can see that there is mention that someone may have an electronic copy of an AST Agreement.

Could i be cheeky and please ask someone to send this to me!

I'm letting out my house for the first time and although i know i have to give my tenants an AST Agreement

i have no idea where to get one from

more importantly what to put into it!!

Would you recommend getting a solicitor to draw one up or is it something i can do myself?