UKPC/DCBL ANPR PCN - appealed PAPLOC Now Claimform - Mcdonalds Bristol Patchway, 562 BS34 5TQ ***Claim Discontinued***

Hi Dave 'Bluemail' client for windows desktop i also have the app on my phone. I looked for instructions on how to do this on my desktop client, the option is not there, i'm not an expert on read receipts but if Yahoo and Gmail don't support this im a bit snookered. ;)

I found this for Bluemail  https://bluemail.me/help/read-receipts/

However, don't worry, a Return Receipt isn't essential.  I was just thinking about proof that you sent the WS.

The court will probably send you an automatic mail anyway, and on top of that you're going to pop a paper version in.

For UKPC, simply take a screenshot of your Sent folder after the mail has been sent.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

FTMDave - many thanks for your reply.

That is the same Bluemail instructions that i found online but it does not seem to exist on my version, the Outlook one does not work either even though i ticked read receipt, must be dependant on your email account. I found an add on for my browser, it works with gmail and it works fine ;) 

Ok im off to get started on the email now ;) 

• Like 1

Mozilla Thunderbird Email client is available for Windows that allows read receipts if that's any help for future. Its the one  used by many on Linux

SUPPORT.MOZILLA.ORG

This article describes how to install Thunderbird on Windows.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It might help Mystic Bertie using Thunderbird

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

FTMDave - I got the emails sent using the Gmail  method i previously mentioned. I formatted the email like you suggested.The WS and the 5 Exhibits . I took a snapshot of the sent items in my email client and saved it. I got an auto reply from all 3 addresses. ;) 

Dave amazing work indeed, when i read through the WS again i was blown away with how professional it is and your now on my christmas card list lol ;) 

Brassnecked i have used Thunderbird in the past. I have 8 email addresses and i tried to use a client that can handle them well in an organised way and that is free. Im not sure what email accounts you guys have but im thinking you wont get an email receipt unless your email account supports it. Im interested to find out what accounts you are using. ;) 

• Like 2

Well done.

I bet UKPC won't be happy when they read their mails tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

They will definitely be unhappy tomorrow.

• Like 1

FTMDave - Yes its brilliant indeed ha ha its what crooks deserve. Would i be right in thinking i should hand deliver the documents to the court tomorrow afternoon and there is no need to send them to UKPC now? ;) 

On 31/03/2024 at 23:37, mystic_bertie said:

I got an auto reply from all 3 addresses. ;)

Good!

So you don't have to do anything tomorrow.

However, leave a paper copy with the court only if you wish.

For UKPC do nothing, their auto replies show they've received what you sent.  Time for them to sweat! 

• Like 1

Hi Dave many thanks for your reply. Does that mean the court does not need a paper copy? I assumed it would but there no point driving there and back if its not essential. ;) 

No you don't need to give them a paper copy.

In all honestly if neither of you have submitted your WS on time I doubt a judge will care. Also your a LIP.

I've sent WX's weeks late and its been absolutely fine. 

Just ask for a relief from sanctions when you go into the room if the judge brings it up.

Chances are tho, they won't bring it up. I've had it brought up once, and I simply said that it contained information that was essential, and that it fulfilled the test of fairness to allow it in. EVRi objected saying the deadlines "had to be enforced".

Judge sided with me essentially saying that it is in the interest of the court to allow it in as the information is highly relevant.

• Like 2

Have we helped you today?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

jk2054 - many thanks for your very helpful reply.  That saves me a journey then and thanks for clearing that up. Ill keep what you said in mind so i have an answer for him if they do. ;) 

• Like 1

On 29/03/2024 at 20:40, mystic_bertie said:

FTmdave - i cant thank you enough for what you have done, im very impressed with how professional it has been done and very factual.

I think it's a case of well done CAG.

I came across this site because, during long drives to football matches as an away fan, my then teenage son used to draw my attention to signs showing restrictions in the service areas we stopped at.

I thought I had better gen up on this private parking malarkey - and found CAG.

At the time I didn't have a clue what a Witness Statement was!

I do now due to standing on the shoulders of the Honeybee, dx, Brassnecked, Ericsbrother, Andyorch, LFI, etc. giants I found here.

That's what CAG is all about, empowering users and sharing important legal knowledge.  I'm damn sure if you know people in future with the attitude of "I got a private parking fine, I had better give in otherwise the parking company will divert a drone from Ukraine to hit my house" you'll explain the reality of their legal position and encourage them to fight back.

• Like 3

FTMDave - Its very impressive indeed how you have excelled in this department and you can give the advice and help the way you do.

The team on CAG go beyond the call of duty to help others including myself and i will be forever grateful and appreciate all the help.

I do donate occasionally when i can its good to support the site.

I did see someone recently on the Stroud facebook page complaining about a parking charge and i posted a link to the site and mentioned the kind of help i got on here. :) 

I got over 15k of debts wiped thanks to the the amazing help from the team on CAG. ;) 

So do i just turn up for the court hearing on the 17th Apr 3pm? Should i just follow the witness statement story? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 03/04/2024 at 17:46, mystic_bertie said:

I got over 15k of debts wiped thanks to the amazing help from the team on CAG. ;) 

and if you dont win we'll spook the judge like nuthead trump does..😎

can't have one of our eldest customers losing :behindsofa:

you've been here longer than me...

dx

• Like 2

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks Dave ;)

Dx many thanks for your reply. Spooking the judge is a great idea :) 

I hope i win this case, its such a waste of everyone's time but the stupid process must be followed. ;) 

I have just been here a couple of months longer than you, i did not realise i joined in 2006, where has all the time gone :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening folks, i have my hearing tomorrow at 3pm. I have never been to court for a civil matter, what is likely to happen  and what do i need to do? 

I plan on going straight from work, i finish at 2pm, it will take about half an hour to get there, does that sound ok?

I called the court late this afternoon, sadly i was too late in the day and the office was closed.

hi JK they dont have a website 

WWW.THELAWPAGES.COM

Cheltenham Magistrates Court Contact Details (address, email, telephone, fax, DX and map of location), Court Cases (Cheltenham Magistrates Court...

its not a criminal case...

county court.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...