NPE/CIS CCTV? PCN PAPLOC - Lombard Place London E3 5Fa, Not Parked In A Marked Parking Bay

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 95 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good work with the signs.  The photos will come in massively handy if they really are stupid enough to do court.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Ha!  Ha!  Hot air from paper tigers with no powers to do anything.

Laugh at them and ignore.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Just thinking.  Is your mum the registered keeper also in this case?

OK, there's something to consider.  Not necessarily to do.  But to consider. 

As scribbled on other threads, the matter of your mum being RK and your imminent move abroad complicates life.

Your mum could write to them and out you as the driver.  Then when you move abroad you could write giving them your foreign address.  The reason I throw this idea into the ring is because they invariably give up when the driver is abroad.  If you look at Zimbird's many threads, you can see that she has written to different PPCs over the years from Zimbabwe and they've always chucked in the towel.

The negative aspects of this idea is that you would lose your POFA protection and they might say it's "too late" to out the driver.  It still wouldn't look good though if they tried to sue the wrong person.

Alternatively just continue as you are doing.  I've looked through all the NPE threads here and only once have they had the gonads to do court.  If they ever send a LoC your mum could reply pointing out the brake lights and that she has photos of the hidden signage and inviting them to Foxtrot Oscar.  They would be highly unlikely to do court (unlike Parking Eye).

But there are no guarantees.

Just something for you & your mum to consider.

Cheers for the heads up, I completely agree with your view there and they can Foxtrot Oscar lol. 

If it was a genuine bill I would most certainly pay as I always do and so would my mum but we have no contract with these people.

• dx100uk changed the title to NPE/CIS CCTV? PCN - Lombard Place London E3 5Fa, Not Parked In A Marked Parking Bay
  • 1 month later...

You need to send them a snotty letter to show them you'd be big trouble if they were daft enough to try court.

Just had a thought about reapstars situation. We know that a defendant (or prospective defendant) living abroad is a very persuasive reason for them to discontinue.

Unfortunately, reapstar's mum is here in the UK.

However, reapstar,  being abroad, now has the option to post very convincing foreign letters "from his mum" to them.

Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Is it a good idea?

And is it ethical?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I've just about sorted out the PDFs for each of the three threads.

Please put the correct uploads on the correct threads from now, this is a time-consuming pain in the backside to tidy up.

As all of us have said - snotty letter time.  And you'd better hurry up, the 30 days they gave you are nearly up, and in their minds No reply to letter before claim = No reply to claim form = Easy default win.  If you don't reply there is a very high chance of them doing court.

Please post up your draft.

NPE Leller Before Claim.pdf

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, no snotty letter as it appears Mum has given up on it all, I havent got the energy to talk to her about it any more, she gets snotty with me abiut it, I guess some people were just born and bred to be fleeced :-(

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

I see there is movement with your other cases.  If no snotty letter is sent it is probable that NPE will start a court claim.

You know what needs to be done here.

Given your mother's refusal to do what needed to be done on the other threads leading to two lost court cases, I would normally suggest she out you as the driver so you could at least deal with the case yourself.  The problem is that I doubt NPE would accept a foreign address at this late stage.

Hmm, that would make sense, they free to send the bailiffs to the jungle lol

I am happy to take the case on in my name as it was me driving that day not her so she doesnt deserve the headache, if there is a way to do this please let me know?? 

Edited by Reapstar

The problem is that really this step should have been done in August.  Of course we know why it wasn't, given your mother said she would deal with the cases.  Realistically I can't imagine that NPE would accept details of a driver at a foreign address.  They should of course, but as the fleecing PPCs don't give a monkey's about the law I seriously doubt they would.

Have you got a mate in the UK who wouldn't mind a couple of letters turning up over a couple of months?  If so she could out you at a UK address.  Then in early March, say, you could "move" abroad.  A two-stage tactic might see them off.

• I agree 1

Given this flurry of activity by your relatives, how about this as a snotty letter?  A Certificate of Posting is not essential, a 2nd class stamp will do,.  The PPC should slide back under their stone as a result and leave your mum in peace.  Although of course there are no guarantees.

Dear Jonathan and Julie,

Re: PCN no. XXXXX

cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea you actually thought I would take it seriously and cough up!

Go and look at the photos of the vehicle.  Now you know and I know and now you know that I know why this makes your whole claim absolute pants.

Epic fail to try to sneak in £70 "admin fee" AKA Unicorn Food Tax.  Judges don't like these made-up amounts, do they?

You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Either would suit me.  I have my request to the judge for an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g) all prepared, and have already decided to spend the dosh on a nice winter break, while all the time laughing at your expense.

I look forward to your deafening silence.

Yours, XXXXX

Cheers mate, mum just messaged saying she read it, I was over reacting with her earlier she sais she gets anxious dealing with these things and where it was all getting too much she just switched off.  

She is going to her sisters tomorrow to get all of this done 💪 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Can you upload the letter please?

Don't worry if it's not done exactly like in the upload guide, we can do the converting & redacting at this end, even a photo taken by your mum would be fine.