cash advance fees

fergal71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi as anybody else noticed changes in cash advance fees, I use my cards to play poker online... crazy I know but recently they have begun to charge cash advance fees which is adding up too more than charges. Does anyone else have this and do you think they can be challenged???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

Only my personal opinion, but it has always been that way for many years with taking Cash Advances on Credit cards. The charge is a service charge.

I am not aware of anyone challenging this, but feel free to have a go. Though I think it will be a non starter..

Thats Just my opinion..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Unfortunately I have to agree with Howardbrown, on this one unless you are willing to challenge them. I am sure some of the evening guys may have some suggestions

It is worth challenging. I would do it myself but i usually get my money back if i loose on poker anyway.

CLICK HERE FOR A LOOK AT ALL OF MY FILES: http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q82/bailiffchaser/

do not forget to click on my scale if i am giving you the right advice or advice is making sense click my scales otherwise others think i am not helping you.

Cash advance fee's cannot be reclaimed as they are a charge for a legitimate service - that of providing you with cash.

However, I'm not entirely sure that a "cash advance" fee is applicable to something like on-line gaming. They aren't, after all, actually providing you with physical cash. I would cheack your T's&C's to see what their definition of "cash" actually is.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

You might want to consider it. It is a legitimate service, after all, you requested the money, they provided it. The issues are:

* whether what they're doing is actually a "cash advance" or a "purchase" (will depend heavily on whether or not the gaming company calls its credit "goods")

* whether the fee is "fair and reasonable" (Supply of Goods and Services Act I think)

A fee of e.g. £2 for moving £10 is clearly not reasonable, though a fee of £2 for £100 is more reasonable. I have been double-checking my statements, and considering an addition to my PoC for this (I get the feeling that they will actually be longer than the rest of the N1 by the time I have everything for a super-claim, and various pieces might be struck out - my excuse to the judge is not wanting to burden the court with several claims).

Basically, this is an "either-way" issue. I would at least think about adding them on to a claim for penalties, but I personally wouldn't take a chance in trying to reclaim these fees by themselves.

As always, do your own reading, and if in doubt seek independent advice.

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941