computeach

carinas
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am doing this on behalf of a friend..

he started a Computeach course, which was funded by a career developement loan from Barclays. Decided after 2 months course was not for him, informs computeach by letter. Computeach have failed to reimburse barclays for the loan, therefore he is still paying Barclays back weekly. the original loan is for £4000. Barclays say they cannot stop taking money until Computeach refund them, How do we force Computeach to reimburse Barclays?

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

he wants a part refund, or even for them just to stop taking payments from now on. His under alot of financial stress and recently tried to commit suicide due to various debts, hence i am helping him sort them out!

I'm not sure of their terms & conditions either.

I'm wondering if i should go down the route of the mis sell, as he says their web site clearly states "work as and when in your own time" yet he was pressurised for his work, which lead to him not completing the course.

his not asking for the refund personally, he wants computeach to pay out Barclays so he no longer has this loan over his head

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Cant be much help on this, but just like to add I think Compu***** are a bunch of **** (very nice people)

They imply in their advertising that their qual's can help you get a well paid job in I.T - this is pure ******** (honest truth) - I found the only way was a cast iron degree or experience - experience being the route I took (with a lot of self tuition via books and friends generosity)

They called round my house and tried to sell me a course at over £5000 - I laughed them out the house

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

First of all you will need to check their terms and conditions as it's likely that your friend is tied into this course and in order to stop paying them he will have to breach his contract, which could then lead to him being sued for damages.

These damages would include any costs that Computeach have incurred in the form of tutorials and materials, plus potentially an element for loss of profit. They would need to mitigate their losses, for example if there are materials not yet sent out that they can use for other courses they wouldn't be able to claim for this.

If it was something like Open University you'd have a bit of trouble claiming much back as the courses start on a set date and it would be impossible to find someone to take your place on that course once it had started - but as I say, I don't know how Computeach work.

It might be worth pressing for misrepresentation if you feel that the statements made on their website are false, but ultimately only a judge in a small claims court can make the decision about whether this is the case.

If he's intending to breach his contract anyway (which by cancelling the arrangement, he probably is), then if he stopped the payments now they would probably begin action against him to recover damages as is their right to do.

As I said though, do check the terms and conditions and see what it says about cancellation.

*sudden thought*

How did he sign up for the course in the first place? If he signed up, say, online or by mail order and they haven't included a 7 day cancellation right within his terms and conditions, then you may be able to rely on the Distance Selling Regulations. This states that if the statutory 7 day cancellation period is not given to the consumer in a durable medium (writing or email) then the cancellation period is extended to a maximum of 3 months and 7 days.

If they visited him though or he went to them face-to-face, this won't apply.

Please note I'm not insured in this capacity, so if you need to, do get official legal advice.

Cant be much help on this, but just like to add I think Compu***** are a bunch of **** (very nice people)

They imply in their advertising that their qual's can help you get a well paid job in I.T - this is pure ******** (honest truth) - I found the only way was a cast iron degree or experience - experience being the route I took (with a lot of self tuition via books and friends generosity)

They called round my house and tried to sell me a course at over £5000 - I laughed them out the house

Oh, I've seen those. I agree, it's all very patornising on the advert - "Get our piece of paper and just walk into a job..." Yeah, right :rolleyes:

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

• 1 month later...

hi carinas

how did your friend get on with computeach, my son is in a similar position, except he never completed the first lot of work and ow clydesdale finance are hounding him for £10,000..the original 5k plus intertest!!

surely this cant be right!

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed

the latest is that computeach have said they will look into it but it could take them another month! Still waiting! but we will be persuing it