Stressed about resolvecall home visit over a debt defaulted 16yrs ago...

Axer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 398 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

RC knocked at the door  to speak to my husband. He was quite unhelpful with the guy so was just handed a piece of paper with details to contact the Resolve office. 

Afterwards, my husband admitted to me that he has ignored a few letters from them for £1100 which is an old credit card debt which he defaulted on 16 years ago. 

I knew he'd left behind a bit of debt from his younger years, and had 1 ccj (neither of us can remember what it was for) when we moved abroad 12 years ago 

We've been back in the UK for several years now. He's not been chased for any of the debts until this. We have a mortgage and clear credit files which I've seen and re checked today.

Anyway the knock on the door has totally stressed me out! We're not able to pay that sort of money and I do worry this could tip hubby back into depression? 

Don't know what we should do now? I really don't want them knocking again. 

I'd be really grateful for any advice on what to do next? 

Ignore them totally. 

The debt will no longer be one that could be enforced in Court as too old.

Resolve are trying their luck that they have someone gullible enough to offer any payment.

If they turn up again tell them to go away and not come back again.  Under the FCA debt collection rules, debt collectors are not allowed to harass people. The debt owner can write to the debtor and then you can write back saying the debt is statute barred, so please do not contact me again.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I'm going to be stressing about every knock at the door. Do they give up trying? If this was the ccj he had can I be certain it will definitely be statue barred? 

Yes they should stop once you tell them to stop bothering you or you will make a complaint. Tell them the debt owner can send a letter to them, but the response will be that the debt is statute barred if no CCJ was obtained or if it relates to any CCJ, the debt owners will need to go back to court to request permission to enable enforcement, which will most likely be refused,.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, Axer said:

Afterwards, my husband admitted to me that he has ignored a few letters from them for £1100 which is an old credit card debt which he defaulted on 16 years ago. 

so i will suspect this is resolvecall for their client CAbot

as they are trying to sCAM people out of money on lots of statute barred debts here recently.

you do realise a DCA has ZERO legal powers and ARE NOT BAILIFFS don't you>

you cat has more powers than they do.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Stressed about resolvecall home visit over a debt defaulted 16yrs ago...

Thanks, I'll try to relax and perhaps speak to my husband about sending the letter to stop them turning up at our home again. 

I've seen there's a prove it letter and also a statute barred letter. Are there 2 different things?

Should he first send a prove it letter stating that he doesn't believe this is a debt of his? 

forget prove it letters 

waste of time

are RC's client Cabot?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If any muppets turn up demanding money then simply tell them to leave your property before you call the police (101).

Film them on your phone, this is YOUR property, these clowns have no more legal rights than you or I, in fact next doors cat has more legal rights to be on your property than these fools.

• Like 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Send caquest our SB letter.

Dx

and they

Is this for the CCJ?

if not, likely SB’d

if was for the CCJ, that never gets SB’d (though they’d need permission of the court to enforce this late on, which they MIGHT get if they say “couldn’t enforce as they went abroad, only now found they’ve returned to the jurisdiction”)

Absolutely no chance of them being able to enforce a CCJ this long in the tooth.

Send them the SB letter and carry on with your life don't waste your precious time and thoughts on powerless tin pot DCA's.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Axer,

I'm only qualified through experience, not a legal adviser.

Your husband did the right thing asking them to leave, which they did as they have zero power and are just chancing their arm.

I've checked my records today and noticed they have been to my property on more than one occasion, each time for a different debt. They only ever turn up once in my experience. I have followed the same advise you are getting on this forum.

If they do return, which is unlikely because of the cost, and the outcome this time, do the same thing, don't engage in conversation, tell them to leave and close the door.

I understand you are worried but don't be, there is nothing to worry about. Even if there was something to worry about it, worrying only makes it worse.

Well we've had no more calls at the house or letters from them and we've not sent any of the prove it type letters to them either. 

Just hoping it will go away ha ha.

I've stopped stressing for now tho, and the advice on here was so reassuring and helpful. 

you NEVER send stupid prove it letters!

simply invites pointless letter tennis.

and they