• Tweets

• You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
    • Lolerz - I don't understand you.  Rebuked you?   No. I simply replied to your orange comments with legal facts as I know them.  I've already worked through the s42 and s146 issues - over the last 3-4y - and these issues are (mostly) resolved legally.  In terms of posting evidence.  Sure I can post some.  But my most recent questions have been a) how can I enforce a sale before trial?  And b) how can I make a complaint and/or a claim v receiver? (E.g. to which body do I complain?).  At the mo I'm asking for some helpful pointers on those specific questions??  I'm not asking for help with how to prove or present evidence. Fwiw - all evidence for trial has been disclosed (although additions are poss). The lender sent me like 10,000 emails and docs.  There's also 000s of emails, docs, photos, videos, recordings and texts that relate to freeholders/ me.   I read, filed and categorised everything for ease of future reference.  Witness statements and evidence were prepared for trial in the 42 and 146 matters. (now joined with current claim to save duplication).  I've lived the process before.  My current statement and linked evidence has taken like 6 months to draft/ write - to ensure I can succinctly prove my defence and counterclaim points.   Whether I can convince a judge at trial w/o lawyer / barrister is debatable 🙄   But I've prepared.  And continue to try better prepare - which is why I visit this site (and clinics).  This is NOT my business or expertise at all.  I'm just trying.  Not that anyone should ever have to justify why they need help if they ask politely! 
    • Thanks for the other info will also take a look at that.
    • It doesn't use the word reconstructed in the cover letter.  Although, I have just noticed on the cover letter they have asked me to complete a financial statement and offer a repayment within the next 10 days, or they will continue to follow court directions.  They sent a separate letter on the same day advising me they will be continuing with their claim ?  They have done the same for both claims.  Is it worth just doing that - doing the financial breakdown and offering a x amount.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

New strategy for Allocation Questionnaires

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5017 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?  

80 Caggers have voted

1. 1. If you have used the new strategy, was it successful?

• Yes - the draft was made into an order
    • No - standard/other directions were ordered

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, my Query before I get too excited! Can I use this on my AQ N149 against Littlewoods catalogue??

I really can't think of any reason why not. The principles are exactly the same as if it were against a bank.

Yes, go for it.

• Haha 2

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

I really can't think of any reason why not. The principles are exactly the same as if it were against a bank.

Yes, go for it.

That's great ... thanks for replying Gary ... will get to work on it right now - Just one other Q if you can help re AQ's ... Littlewoods have put in their defence which was 2 pages long ... am I expected to actually reply to any of their points on my AQ or is it just a case of entering my notes etc?

Also, should I send a copy of the completed AQ & draft order to Littlewoods also? AND should I send an updated schedule of charges to the court?

Thanks Muchly!

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

am I expected to actually reply to any of their points on my AQ

No. A reply to defence is'nt necessary in small claims track cases.

Also, should I send a copy of the completed AQ & draft order to Littlewoods also?

Its not essential, but it is a good idea too. It's considered courtious apparently, plus if nothing else, it shows you mean business!

should I send an updated schedule of charges to the court?

How do you mean updated? You can't add any new charges on which have been levied since the date of issue. No need to tot up the daily interest either, that will accrue automatically. By all means attach your schedule to the AQ (although again, this is'nt essential), but it should read exactly the same as the one you submitted when you filed your claim.

• Haha 1

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Dear All,

this has been by far the most informative and helpful thread at this stage of my claim. Good luck to you all we are simialer stages in the process. I hope you don't mind if i join in here for some guidence through (hopefully) the last stages of my claim.

I'm hoping i've suscribed properly to this thread so please help if you can.

So it's Me against NatWest total claim £2477.40 (inc. interest and court charges at point of claim). :)

Aq N149 rec. 3rd Jan, have to submit Aq by 17th Jan to court

Cobbetts ( NatWest solicitor ) have sent me copy of their defence and request for more info (which they submitted to court)and have asked for a reply by 12th Jan. - DO i just send them a copy of the Aq plus info i send the court? Or do i have to reply seperately?:-?

So far have pretty much followed set letters and templates. Have printed of this thread plus "Allocation questionnaires a guide to completion" found in templates libary and wil be following these to fill in the N149 today / tomorrow.

I have to say i've spent ages reading and re-reading the site and although i'm pretty sure i've done it right it's so worrying at this stage that your particular claim has some new clause/ statement in it to trip you up!:-|

One thing i know i've done wrong is the very first schedule of charges i sent Nat West included a charge that was an error. I deleted it when i sent the schedule again with my LBA but i wonder if this will go against me at any stage? :-?

Anyway some people seem to have had offers from Cobbetts at this stage before sending off the Aq but nothing has arrived for me!:( Cobbetts have asked for a letter of aknoweldgement of receipt of their defence and request for further info. Does anyone have a good reply that will maybe show them i mean business and encourage an offer at this stage?

sorry for the essay!

Claire

Fantastic stuff, what a good idea. Thank you.

Just sent my Draft Order with completed AQ to the court, in my claim against Lloyds. Together with a copy to SC&M of course;)

I look forward to recieving my full settlement shortly:D

I was just about to send back my AQ when I saw this post.

In the Draft Order where might I find a concise statement of evidence as outlined in © and copies of decided cases and other legal material.(d) ?

You guys are A-mazing!!!!

• Confused 1

Cobbetts ( NatWest solicitor ) have sent me copy of their defence and request for more info (which they submitted to court)and have asked for a reply by 12th Jan. - DO i just send them a copy of the Aq plus info i send the court? Or do i have to reply seperately?:-?

Natwest's CPR part 18 requests and the action to be taken in response is discussed in a sticky thread at the top of the Natwest forum. This thread is for issues relating to the new draft order for directions which can be attached to the AQ. I haven't any specific knowledge of Natwest's stratagy, so I don't really feel I can answer your question.

One thing i know i've done wrong is the very first schedule of charges i sent Nat West included a charge that was an error. I deleted it when i sent the schedule again with my LBA but i wonder if this will go against me at any stage? :-?

No, this won't be a problem at all. So long as it was right when you filed your claim it'll be fine.

Anyway some people seem to have had offers from Cobbetts at this stage before sending off the Aq but nothing has arrived for me!:( Cobbetts have asked for a letter of aknoweldgement of receipt of their defence and request for further info. Does anyone have a good reply that will maybe show them i mean business and encourage an offer at this stage?

Again, this is a question that would be best asked in the Natwest forum. Have you got a thread there that you can ask it on?

Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck with your claim:)

Thanks Gary,

will try and find a good thread on Natwest area of site. Natwest are really holding out until the last stage!

Good to hear that my charges error shouldn't be a problem.

one more question - have completed the AQ. In section G (other info) have written " I believe the case will last no longer than 1 hour" this was the advice given in the templates libary. Should i also write in here that i have enclosed a draft order and is there anything else i should include?

thanks

CLaire

p.s have ticked your scales - thanks!

Heres a suggestion for other info (use seperate sheet) -

You -v- Bank Plc

Claim No:*******

N149/N150 Allocation Questionnaire

Section G/H - other information

The Claimant respectfully suggests that special directions may be made as per the attached draft order.

If ordered, the Claimant believes the proposed directions will further the Overriding Objectives in that they identify the most fundamental issues in dispute (as detailed below), and allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously.

- The crux upon which this claim rests is the actual loss suffered by the Defendant as a result of the contractual breach from which its charges arise. If the Defendant cannot substantiate the cost of each charge as proportionate to its loss incurred, it has charged contractual penalties contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 and common law principles established since the early 1900's.

- In the event that the Defendant's charges were accepted as being a fee for a contractual service (which is refuted), examination of its true costs is required to determine whether the price is reasonable as required by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982.

The Claimant believes that if the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial as is indicated by its defence, that it is imcumbent on it to disclose such information. Further, the proposed directions are already routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as in small claims track cases in Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, Northampton and Mansfield County Courts.

As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, the Claimant believes the outstanding issues to be of fact. Accordingly, the Claimant respectfully requests that this claim be allocated to the small claims track, and estimates that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

Attach it to the AQ followed by the draft order. Then in the actual 'section G' box of the AQ, write this;

Please find the following attached to this allocation questionnaire;

1) Section G - other information

2) Draft order for directions

This allocation questionnaire and its attachments were sent to the defendant on **/**/**.

It really would be a good idea for you to start a thread of your own in the NatWest forum - you'll then create your own timeline which people can follow and offer you help at every stage. Any questions you have can then be asked there.

• Haha 3

No. A reply to defence is'nt necessary in small claims track cases.

Its not essential, but it is a good idea too. It's considered courtious apparently, plus if nothing else, it shows you mean business!

How do you mean updated? You can't add any new charges on which have been levied since the date of issue. No need to tot up the daily interest either, that will accrue automatically. By all means attach your schedule to the AQ (although again, this is'nt essential), but it should read exactly the same as the one you submitted when you filed your claim.

HI Gary - thanks for the reply ... I posted the AQ this morning before reading this tho! I didn't reply to the defence so thanks for confirming that was ok :) I've taken 2 copies of the AQ so will send a copy to Littlewoods also with a brief covering letter ... do I send to Littlewoods or their solicitor???

By updated I did mean the interest (8% statutory) as it updates each time I go into it as the days tick by ... I sent a copy schedule showing the 8% with the draft order ... hope this was ok as it does show it seperate to the charges ... I haven't added anything else on either since filing the claim

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Hello All

I might be being a bit thick here but I'm a bit worried about cocking up!

I have recieved an N149 Allocation Questionnaire (small claims track) from the court.

I've filled in all sections up to section G with no problem.

Can someone tell me what I need to put in section G and what else to enclose with the AQ when I return it to the court.

Many Thanks

reecos

If you want to follow the conventional route, see this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

If you're considering using the new stratagy, read the explaination on post #39 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires-2.html#post448100.

If you want to go ahead, print off Bankfodder's draft order from post #2 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires.html#post441556 and attach it to your AQ.

Then see post #93 (a couple of posts above) for what to put in section G.

Good luck with your claim:)

• Haha 1

Its only recently come into being, but its most definately preferable yes. The chances of a judge ordering the directions as per the draft order are far higher than of ordering standard disclosure, as per the conventional method. Also, it could potentially reduce the timescale of a claim by months.

The most important thing is, that if the judge does order the directions as proposed, you know exactly what documents you need to provide - and that you submit them on time. Everything you need to know in this regard is previously discussed on this thread.

As long as you understand what your part of the bargin is should the judge order the directions, then yes, go for it.

Guest peed orf

Hi guys, Filed my AQ yesterday with letter attached, the claim is for approx £9500. I didn't notify the Court I'm not filling out the CPR 18, should I have?

Today I received a copy of Nat Wests AQ which in the "other info." box has.

"Case management directions cannot be proposed until the Claimant servers a Reply to the Request for Further Information which was due on 2 January 2007. Inlight of this, the Defendent may amend its Defence or apply to strike out."

Would one of you nice people like to tell me this is nothing to worry about Pleeeeeeze!

You need to respond to the CPR p.18 request - sharpish.

Why are you asking on this thread though? You'll get far more help in the NatWest forum. Off the top of my head, I think there was a part 18 response posted in Orfosters thread.

I'm a way off the point were I will be dealing with n AQ, however I do wish to be prepared so a couple of questions.

My claim is with contractual interest. According to the CPR rules interest is NOT included in allocation considerations.........BUT does this only refer to statutory or to contractual also? Without contractual my claim would be below the £5k small claims ceiling, but with it, it is above.

Secondly, and more pertinantly to this thread. If you think your claim is very likeley to be allocated to Fast or Multi anyhow, is it worth still including the draft directions requesting disclosure on this thread?

If the claim is going to be allocated to a higher track, then disclosure would be ordered to be complied with at a later date closer to the hearing date anyhow.

In short what I am asking is, would this still speed matters up, rather than giving them the 28 days before trial date (which could be allocated months away)to disclose

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !

My claim is with contractual interest. According to the CPR rules interest is NOT included in allocation considerations.........BU T does this only refer to statutory or to contractual also?

Statutory interest is claimable where no contractual interest exists and since statutory interest is excluded when deciding which track, I assume this applies to contractual interest as well. But that doesn't mean I'm right!!!

I'm a way off the point were I will be dealing with n AQ, however I do wish to be prepared so a couple of questions.

My claim is with contractual interest. According to the CPR rules interest is NOT included in allocation considerations.........BUT does this only refer to statutory or to contractual also? Without contractual my claim would be below the £5k small claims ceiling, but with it, it is above.

There's been some debate about this, but CPR 26.8 (2) (b) says that any claim for interest is NOT relevant to track allocation. PART 26 - CASE MANAGEMENT – PRELIMINARY STAGE Having said that, I think the court does have the power to allocate as it see's fit, and in your case there are complicating factors - such as the challange of the SOLA, as well as the size of the interest claim - which would surely almost certainly mean it would be multi-tracked?

Secondly, and more pertinantly to this thread. If you think your claim is very likeley to be allocated to Fast or Multi anyhow, is it worth still including the draft directions requesting disclosure on this thread?

If the claim is going to be allocated to a higher track, then disclosure would be ordered to be complied with at a later date closer to the hearing date anyhow.

In short what I am asking is, would this still speed matters up, rather than giving them the 28 days before trial date (which could be allocated months away)to disclose

Well it would make them show their hand quicker. As I understand it, standard disclosure requires lists to be submitted 14 days before trial, although I'm not sure if this could vary in some cases, or perhaps by request.

Thanks Michael. If your right regards both your posts, that would be prefferable.

(Although I have no reservations regards going Fast, multi or whatever, .......nor in any great hurry bearing in mind the daily interest I would additionally get.............just posting this for any of you "ghosts" reading here) !!

All opinions and advice I offer are purely my own, and are offered without any liability. If unsure seek the help of a licensed professional

...just because something's in print doesn't mean its true.... just look at you Banks T&C's for example !