Lease car and impending PE PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently joined a gym and left my car in the adjacent car park and didn’t realise that there was a penalty for staying longer than two hours.

It’s Parking Eye who presumably are a private company who manage the car park which is part of a small retail zone.

The gym advertised that there was parking available although they didn’t say anything about the two hours allowed and the penalty for overstaying.

I therefore parked my car and wasn’t looking for any signage concerning the regulations.

when I investigated further I could see that there is signage but it is displayed at a high level and is therefore easy to miss unless you look for it.

What I was wondering is whether there is a legal height at which parking enforcement signs should be displayed?

1st it is NOT A PENALTY, it's a speculative invoice.

please complete this:

• I agree 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Leasing companies are normally not interested in getting involved in disputes over PCNs and when they get the PCN invoice will just pay it and add the amount to your account. If you want to deal with Parking Eye yourself you should instruct in writing your leasing company not to pay any invoice they receive in respect of this PCN.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and dont let the lease company scam you out of a £35 fee charged to your debit card number they have?

they CANNOT do that as this is NOT TRAFFIC OR PARKING OFFENCE issued by police/council/courts, it is a FAKE one, made to look like a PCN, but merely an invoice because the driver broke some imaginary contract PR MIGHT have with the LAND OWNER over parking management.

it's PRIVATE PROPERTY!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Lease car and impending PE PCNK

the lease company will most probably charge you... dont let them demand it back

they will inform PE of your details

you'll get a speculative invoice sometime soon from PE

there is a set process PE must follow where a lease Co. are involved.

and they

1 hour ago, lookinforinfo said:

but do not contact PE before you receive the PCN.

nor after without our advice FIRST...

and they

• dx100uk changed the title to Lease car and impending PE PCN
13 hours ago, lookinforinfo said:

I would contact the Lease company and ask them to comply with what PE require. Then wait for PE to send you the revised PCN. Hopefully you will be able to foil them but do not contact PE before you receive the PCN.

I just checked the leasing company’s website and this is how they deal with PCN’s

Although the process may vary it normally follows these steps: 
1. Parking companies get Registered Keeper (in this case LeasePlan UK) details from the DVLA to issue a PCN. 
2. We sent you a letter to let you know that we've had a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) for your leased vehicle and that we've transferred liability to you as the hirer. 
3. You should then receive a PCN from the parking company to let you know this has happened, please follow the instructions on the PCN when you get it. 
4. We won't be involved yet, but please email [email protected]with your registration number and the penalty charge number to let us know you're appealing the notice. 
Once the private parking company gets your appeal they must stop processing the Parking Charge Notice immediately. They then have 14 days to get back to you and a further 35 days to respond with a decision. In exceptional circumstances, they can extend this if they let you know.”

• Thanks 1

Great, simple process... So, just wait to see whether a PCN arrives.

If it does, come straight back here and follow the instructions in the sticky...

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

That's what the lease company should do.

However, we have had cases where the lease company mixed up an invoice from a private company with a council/police penalty notice, paid it, and charged the motorist.

I agree with Ethel and dx.  Belt & braces.  Inform the lease company what is likely to happen, point out that what is likely to arrive is just an invoice from a private company, and remind them of their own procedure.

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread