OPS/DCB(L) 2xPCN's PAPLOC Now claimform - Machine said Not In Use - Llangrannog (Beach) car park, West Wales *** Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 229 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ring the court monday ask for the email address to send witness statements too regarding a MoneyClaim case number xxxx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Monday is a Bank Holiday, so wait until Tuesday. 

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

Is there really nothing on the Court paperwork? 

And does not Googling that particular county court produce any results? 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Probably bilge, and you can certainly ask the court not to allow it as evidence. 

But please post up.

Nice to see them panicking 😀

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Thanks.

There's not a lot there, just a desperate attempt by Harry to pretend there were no problems making payment.

You have a choice now.  You can either do your own SWS.

Or you can invite the court to refuse the SWS due to it being filed after the court's deadline.  It doesn't make much difference.  Personally I'd be tempted to do the latter. See what the others think.

Am I right in thinking you live near the court and could hand deliver a letter?

Supplementary ws indeed!

I think Hedgehog has put in more than enough effort already.

Why put him/her to the trouble and effort of writing yet another WS?

This could go on ad infinitum...

The fleecers had their chance to make their case and obviously now think they've blown it!

I say ask for their latest missive to be thrown out... 

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

1 hour ago, FTMDave said:

Am I right in thinking you live near the court and could hand deliver a letter?

Dave obviously has the idea of writing an objection?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I tend to agree with both of you.

I was thinking that, if it's not took far for ghedgehog, that they could pop a letter into the court FAO the judge, inviting the court to refuse the SWS as evidence as it was submitted far after the court deadline and when both parties had already had their say.

Good to see Harry wetting himself when faced with the BPA/TripAdvisor/press stuff and desperately trying to argue that black is white.

I see the hearing is 12 September.  It's not on to be sending fresh documents only six days before the hearing.  A letter should go to the court - if not too inconvenient for the OP.

A witness giving oral evidence at trial may with the permission of the court amplify his witness statement and give evidence in relation to new matters which have arisen since the witness statement was served: rule CPR 32.5(3).

Permission will be given only if the Court considers that there is good reason not to confine the evidence of the witness to the contents of his witness statement: rule 32.5(4). (b) A supplemental witness statement should normally be served where the witness proposes materially to add to, alter, correct or retract from what is in his original statement. Permission will be required for the service of a supplemental statement.

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part32#32.5

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

So, no permission sought or given.

Presumably this cpr should be quoted in any letter to the courts regarding refusing the claimants SWS?

Correct....and normally one party seeks agreement from the other to submit SWS.

BTW SWS can be served as late as 3 days pre hearing (assuming both parties are in agreement ) which then does not require the courts permission.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Some more detail on the court hearing, which you may be interested in

1. The hearing was delayed by an hour and a half, as they managed to schedule 2 cases to be heard in the same courtroom at the same time
  2. The claimant was represented by a young solicitor, who I think works for a local law firm
  3. The judge was distinctly unimpressed that the claimant did not attend the hearing in person
  4. The judge hadn''t received the claimant's SWS and hence disallowed it as it was sent after the 14-day deadline
  5. The judge's summing up was very detailed and lengthy, and not until the very end could I tell which way the verdict was going to go
  6. In short, he decided in my favour, as he believed I had made a genuine attempt to pay for parking, but had been unable to do so
  7. One other point of note - the claimant's solicitor alleged that every other motorist was able to pay via JustPark on 03/05/2021, which I rejected, quoting §11 of my witness statement (which you wrote for me). The judge asked me why I didn't request the information as to what PCNs were issued on that day via a Freedom of Information Request, to which I replied that I wasn't aware I was allowed to do that
  • Thanks 1