New Manager

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me get an idea what is going on or some perspective.

I have been with my company five years, and in my department 3.5. I have worked so hard and my last appraisal I was above all KPI targets and received a lovely pay increase 8%. My Manager moved a couple of months ago and we got a new Manager (they were promoted from another department we interact with on a daily basis). We started out great and he talked about promotion, asked for ideas, I felt chuffed and valued, now suddenly he does not nothing but scrutinises my work, makes my work more visible than other colleagues, asks me to be assigning my name on all pieces, whereas other don't have to. In teams chat there's no please or thank you and yet he does say it to other colleagues. I am so stressed out. I feel that the only option is to leave or move department, why should I felt so happy. I feel that I am being held to a much higher standard than my peers.

Have you asked why?

"You seem to be unhappy with my work, and if you can tell me what you would like me to do differently, I will change the way I am doing things."

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

20 hours ago, LongHairedLily said:

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me get an idea what is going on or some perspective.

I have been with my company five years, and in my department 3.5. I have worked so hard and my last appraisal I was above all KPI targets and received a lovely pay increase 8%. My Manager moved a couple of months ago and we got a new Manager (they were promoted from another department we interact with on a daily basis). We started out great and he talked about promotion, asked for ideas, I felt chuffed and valued, now suddenly he does not nothing but scrutinises my work, makes my work more visible than other colleagues, asks me to be assigning my name on all pieces, whereas other don't have to. In teams chat there's no please or thank you and yet he does say it to other colleagues. I am so stressed out. I feel that the only option is to leave or move department, why should I felt so happy. I feel that I am being held to a much higher standard than my peers.

I recently had the same situation  - For a year we had a new technical director within the area of the business I worked in who made it their mission to embarrass me, undermine me and make me look incompetent.

For you - Has the new manager said you do great work 95% of the time and the other 5% its done extremely badly in their opinion etc? 

I very much can relate to your situation. This could be a clash of personality. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Presumptions about the behaviours of others without asking them about any issues !

It could be that the new manager thinks the work is being completed to a higher standard than other colleagues and the manager is trying to identify the better ways of working that enables the higher standard to be achieved.

And perhaps the manager does not want to embarrass the person performing well by constantly mentioning this, as it might just cause other staff to feel as if they are not also contributing to team effort.

Sounds like manager is trying to get used to managing new team and has not communicated as well as they could have.

Have a chat with the new manager, as it might just clear up a misunderstanding.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Agree with @unclebulgaria67 too! Could it be a time issue - It takes time to build up new relationships with work colleagues that may have just joined. 

That manager would be no different. etc. 

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis