Scottish Power/Face 2 Face - Failing to action our requests on payment method.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner moved into our current property in 2012, I moved in a year after.

Long story short is that my partner requested when moving in w/ Scottish Power that we pay by pre-payment meter for electricity which we did and continue to do for our Gas.

The toing and froing over this dragged out all the way into 2017, threatening letters and threats at the door from Face 2 Face as by this time the debt was starting to build up.  I have demonstrable proof that in 2017, myself and my partner made ourselves available for an engineer visit to install a prepayment electric meter and every time they claimed not to have the part.

Sometimes they would call in advance to tell us this, other times they’d show up and tell us.  We live in an upper maisonette and apparently the electric is linked with the property below.

Face 2 Face have nearly burst our door open during lockdown (was lying in bed waiting on COVID results in November 2020, they were banging so loud they never heard me saying I was ill) and since then, my partner has made a further 3 appointments which they didn’t even show up for at all but again, last week, we get the threatening letters.

I have a rough idea of how I’m going to tackle this, as far as I’m concerned failure of service from SP has prevented us paying via our preferred method and they’ve wasted time missing appointments which I believe is something they would charge us for.

In short, should I write to SP/Face 2 Face and give them one-more chance before going to the ombudsman?  My name isn’t yet on the account but they do refer to me as the occupier on the letters sent to my partner.

Really wary of them defaulting me or adding this to my credit file when it isn’t my doing.

But you have been paying haven't you?

why not get smart meters installed and pay by bacs transfer?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My partner hasn't, unfortunately which is far from ideal, I know.

She was insistent on going prepayment and repeatedly tried to get the prepayment meter installed to both pay for what we use and clear debt which is what was agreed multiple times.

Every time they came out, they either never had the part or access to our downstairs neighbour to change things over to prepayment which they seemingly need.

I'm guessing the non-payment severely limits what we can do?

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Fatal.

sorry but you cant just move into a property and have free electric for +10yrs and not expect to pay anything just because you dont like the type of meter installed.

you have been putting money aside??

why not pay directly by using manual bacs transfer from your banking portal??

sorry but the stance you have used is baseless for not paying for +10yrs.

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...