NFS Screeding Ltd, Company Registration No. 8945777 (Need for Screed) - **Judgment debt paid**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 264 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After another exchange - I've offered NFS to post a cheque or pay the a cash to a specified account.  Either will serve as a receipt and proof of payment.  He's being insistent he wants to come this evening, to my house, so I'm even more wary.

Good point, I can't verify the notes are good! lol

This is getting silly!

Just insist that you don't wish to meet him and that he pays as you suggested.

I was in a similar situation years ago and just asked the guy to meet me at wy workplace. (Plenty of witnesses).

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

macky d's they've cameras

arrive early and park out the way and walk there and let them leave first so they dont clock your car.

it will be a receipt.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

After much repeated insistence they were coming, and me telling them not to, they then said they would be here 7.30am tomorrow.  At which time only wife and kids will be home.

After 3 times saying not to come, then their further insistence, I called 101 to advise of the situation and that I wanted it logged he has been told not to come.  It feels a bit petty but I seriously do not want this guy at my house, period, let alone if I'm not there.

This all feels like it's gone a bit silly. 

He made a comment to say 'good luck with your building work', (I'm having a new extension built currently) so he's clearly actually been to my property in the last couple of days.

Payment is due by a week today. If it doesn't arrive then he never had an intention to pay in my eyes and I'll proceed with the 3rd party debt order

Tell your wife to not answer the door.....easy and send a text  that no one will be home so dont make a wasted journey and to make payment by bank transfer to Sort number xxxxxx account number. Name xxxxxxx

Ball back in court then.

• Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Note on door telling him not to ring.

If he then rings,wife should not open the door, and should call police on 999, stating:
a) you won a county court case,
b) have advised him you don't want to meet in person,
c) told him not to attend your property,
d) left a note on the door,
e) he has rung despite that, and she is concerned for her safety / that there is a breach of the peace.

• Like 1

Update: I received a message from NFS to say a missed delivery was the money for the judgement. 

When I got got home there was a royal mail missed delivery note with redelivery to be attempted tomorrow.

Wondering what's in the letter/parcel!?

Could this actually be coming to a close? 

🧨💥

Update:

*drum roll*

Royal mail redelivered this morning. 

Package contained:

£20 note x247

£10 note x1

£2 coin x1

£1 coin x1

20p coin x2

2p coin x1

£4,953.42 total...

On my way to the bank now to deposit....as long as all the notes bank... its done!

• Like 1

Well done, but what a slog and what an amazingly incompetent and maverick way for them to do business.

One wonders how they had that kind of cash lying around.

It has been a real journey for you. Congratulations

• Thanks 1

• BankFodder changed the title to NFS Screeding Ltd, Company Registration No. 8945777 (Need for Screed) - **Judgment debt paid**

If you haven't deposited this money with the bank yet, my site team colleague @honeybee13 has pointed out that banking this amount of money in cash could possibly trigger some kind of alert with the bank. They are very sensitive to this kind of thing and they can take quite extreme action such as closing accounts or locking accounts very quickly if they have the slightest concern.

If you have more than one account then I would suggest you distribute it. Maybe this is being overcautious – but if you look around on this forum of the amount of accounts which have been peremptorily closed by banks simply because there has been a sudden payment of cash – possibly because of the car sale something – and then it takes ages to sort out during which time the account holder loses all access to their money.

In fact as an afterthought – if you do go to the bank then take along a copy of the judgement with you and make sure the banks see it and maybe leave a copy with them

• Like 1

Yes, I included it as an afterthought – I think we have crossposted on that point

The greatest of minds ....!

Just catching up on the last few posts - the money banked ok, and is now showing on my account.

I did take a copy of the judgement with me as it had crossed my mind regards anti-money laundering protocols but they didn't ask where the money come from, nor did they look at the judgement I handed over.

The account it went to has received electronic payments of value in the past so hoping it wont trigger anything this time being cash.

Regards the amount being in cash - I did wonder myself if it was stored 'under the mattress' but if the messages from NFS are to believed, it was taken out from Lloyds bank.

That said, I don't want there to be a hole in their booking keeping records...should I send a receipt to the accountant for the cash payment? 🤔

• Like 2

Yes, any interest in total transparency I think it is a very good idea to send them a receipt for the money.

Give it a week or so to die down and for the bank to digest it. I think that you then may need to mark the judgement as paid

ok good, thanks, I'll draft the receipt.

Regards the judgement, I was wondering if I needed to do any admin to follow up.  The judgement form itself didn't advise I needed to take any action in the event of it being fulfilled and I couldn't see anything that placed any obligation on me to notify the court.

Would it be for the defendant to validate they have paid it, if they wanted the judgement cleared?

I'm not sure if there is any legal requirement but certainly the protocol would be to mark it as satisfied. However, give it a couple of weeks to make sure everything settles down.

• Thanks 1

Delighted we got there in the end......:classic_cool: Please consider making a donation so we can continue to cover our costs and help others.

What happens if payment is received?

If at any stage of the proceedings you decide you no longer want to proceed with a claim, or if it has been paid in full, you can click on the ‘update claim status’ button from your homepage.

Please note that the information may take up to 10 working days to be recorded onto the court system. Remember - it is your responsibility to inform the court that a case has been paid or should be discontinued. You should also inform the defendant that you have taken the appropriate action to withdraw the claim.

Please wait until funds have cleared before you mark the case as paid. If you advise the court that a case has been paid but then the payment does not clear, you will be required to make an application to a District Judge and pay a fee in order to reinstate the case.

You must provide the court with the date that you received the money. As with all information provided to the court the date must be accurate.
Please note that once judgment has been entered you will no longer be able to simply withdraw the claim. If you do not wish to continue for any other reason than that the claim has been paid, you will need to make an application to set judgment aside. Please contact the court for further information.

Once you have confirmed the status, you may archive your claim in your MCOL homepage if you wish to do so. Please note that archiving the claim will not inform the court that it should be paid or withdrawn.

Once again well done 

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for sharing the above information - it looks like the only action I will be able to take is on MCOL, to archive the claim now that judgement has been entered/made.

MCOL hasn't updated the claim progress since it was originally transferred to Hertford County Count in April.

Well, today is 'Judgement Day' in that it is the last day to pay the judgement order. ..

Thankfully the defendant has paid the order (money is banked) and all that remains is the matter or having the works now completed using the judgement award.

I've made a donation to the site and would like to extend a very huge and heartfelt thank you to all the site team and those who have contributed to my thread and offered advice/support.

Regardless of the outcome, its been so valuable for me as a regular person/penguin to have access to this kind of support and advice.

Thanks again all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2