Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Who thinks Braverman and Gavin Williamson will have ministerial jobs by Christmas?

More about Gav's bullying of colleagues came out yesterday - he's a piece of work. James O'Brien has done a [to me] very funny mickey take of his texts to Wendy Morton.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1589576691319463938

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: MoD official says minister subjected them to campaign of bullying when he was defence secretary

Illegitimi non carborundum

Neither Braverman or Williamson will be ministers by the time we get to Christmas.

Braverman is not the person required to fix issues at the Home Office. Tories need someone very experienced for this role.

Williamson has upset too many people in the Tory party, so apologies won't be enough. Sunak will be forced to act.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I hope you're right, UB.

Civil servants who've worked with Braverman, Williamson and also Patel seem to be singing like canaries at the moment and from what I read, I don't really blame them. Those three didn't seem to treat civil servants well.

so which right wing erg puppet will replace salmonella in a senior cabinet position?

A confusing mix really, as Johnson undoubtedly mitigated the worst excesses of the far right (in his own interests) but is undoubtedly viewed by them as the best option to not lose all their seats

- and they are no doubt happy with a slower steady descent into Singapore on faeces full Thames rather than losing their seats and influence entirely

mr green? (whatevers in his own interests)

Is this just treading water (sic - given Sunaks COP waffle) until Johnson returns after a white/greywash?

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

If what I am seeing is correct, around 10% of the current inhabitants of the house of lords are Johnson appointees!

even before his 'kicked out' (dis)honors list

If that doesn't warrant its dissolving, I dont know what does.

Unless Johnson is found guilty, banned from public office and ALL his appointees kicked out that is.

- and Truss banned from appointing any.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

“What a shameful list of bootlickers, bimbos and tropical island holiday facilitators who between them can be proud to have pushed trust in politics to an extreme low during their tenures and offered very little in return to the British people.”

Tory MP who wished to remain anonymous ... perhaps as he hopes for one ...

The Tory Legacy

No worries .. 4th time lucky eh?

.. or maybe 5th or 6th or 7th

- unless he gets a peerage ..

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

As long as he keeps his gob shut and stays out of trouble long enough to get one

-- 3 days maybe?

(touch and go)

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

On re-reading the Guardian live feed, it seems to me Sir Gav may think this is temporary.

The former Cabinet Office minister said he had decided to “step back from government” while the complaints process into his conduct is carried out, vowing to “clear my name of any wrongdoing”.

His private parting speech was (according to unfounded gossip)

I am proud to have been sacked 3 times from even the scummiest guvs ever, and look forward to many more.

And you whiny ****head ***ers who think you've got the better of me should be ****ing your pants because when i return I'll **** you over real good.

Scummy governments like this NEED a hatchetman like me. Ill be coming for you.

Don't forget these latest outbursts are just him whining that he didn't get a prime seat invite to the queens funeral.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Prediction.  Braverman will be next to leave Government by the end of November 2022.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yesterday during the protests on the M25, police arrested three authenticated journos for doing their jobs. Charlotte Lynch of LBC was one of them. At the end of the interview, James O'Brien reminds everyone that the government wants more powers over protesters, etc.

17 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Prediction.  Braverman will be next to leave Government by the end of November 2022.

Will that be before or after an independent ethics advisor is appointed

(just another broken pledge)

... and will that be before or after a labour government is elected 

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The Tories' voter ID scheme seems skewed towards older voters, who are more likely to vote Tory. Young people could struggle.

BYLINETIMES.COM

Josiah Mortimer reports on fresh voter suppression claims facing the Government – including the impact on young people – ahead of a rushed...

• I agree 1

something that seems far more insidious coming out in the williamson saga

If you listen to the channel 4 report with his former deputy

It stells of a loan/gift being made to an MP having some financial troubles, with Williamson reported as stating when flashing the cheque 'make sure you know I now own him ..

Bad enough of itself, but then the report goes on that it 'happened that funds were 'lent/given to MP's and that the source was either the Party or a doner

.. so doners were funding Tory MP's 'financial problems' with 'williamson considering that it meant 'he owned them'

WWW.CHANNEL4.COM

It's exactly a fortnight since Rishi Sunak became prime minister with a promise to put integrity at the heart of his administration.

The Tory Legacy

and I should imagine the result coming in from the US elections is adding to the despair of the right wing here, with the democrats actually holding their own against all the odds and pollsters (note that US polling aggregation  includes partisan polls)

.. and I'll drink to that

The Tory Legacy

Just a little aside which might be useful to some on limited bandwith

I found that I had used 2.7GB of my mobile data in 2 days, and then another 2GB in a few hours.

I thought it was this site, but it was autoplay in my firefox/mozilla variant browser and twitter

Despite me having all prior option set in browsers to NOT autoplay media, in twitter it was still autoplaying videos as I scrolled past them

As well as the usual suspects, seems it also needs media.autoplay.blocking_policy=2

The Tory Legacy

I saw a Tory MP quoted yesterday as saying now Williamson has resigned the situation will be forgotten. It seems not.

They don't seem to have liked him in the MoD...

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Exclusive: former government insider said it was believed serious breach ‘could have only come from Gavin’

Here's a thought-provoking opinion piece on austerity from the Guardian.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Brexit didn’t change the party: austerity was as heartless under Cameron and Osborne as it is under Sunak, says Guardian columnist Aditya Chakrabortty

More problems for Suella Cruella.

WWW.BIGISSUE.COM

Home Secretary Suella Braverman has been reported to the Bar Standards Board for ‘a dishonest statement made out of self interest to promote her...

And connections with the religious right, along with her adviser John Hayes.

YORKSHIREBYLINES.CO.UK

An influential lobby group with links to the American religious right is attempting to promote its agenda at the heart of British politics

Never doubt, its always the same old S-Torys

- Just the degree of self serving nastiness changes a bit

and currently its at the extreme end of the self serving nasty scale ... although since Cameron they have created an entirely new and large chunk on the end f the nasty, incompetent self serving scale.

and they have added - you cant do squat about it so we dont care unless its in our interests to make it seem so.

They will always claim - someone said sorryish  for collapsing the economy, allowing doodoo to swamp our waterways and beaches, and for protecting energy company profits while poor children freeze (and added bonus go hungry), but be assured - it was the right thing to do - now shut up and jog on.

The only real change is an illusion of fiscal competence - which was always just hardship for the poorer - has shredded into what it always was.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy