Should we trust Sunak or the next PM to fix the Country's problems? (title revised 24/10/22)

Well, Have we all got our piccy id ready to start taking out the Tories err Trash in the locals?

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Its Gaelic celebration and bonfires today - Beltane

Quite fortuitous for tomorrow lets hope

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Posted (edited)

Quite interesting that the Conservative East Midlands  Mayor candidate doesnt mention conservative on his promotion LOL

but he does claim that he, a Conservative politician, is the man to fix the 14 years of Conservative devastation of the region - inc 'fixing' problems inc the utter devastation of the roads, bus and train services that his party have  imposed

Must all rotate around the meaning of fixing he actually means ..

fixing noun

.. or perhaps he just means 'fixing' - preventing change
Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

The solution to this seems to be to just wave through goods at the border.

Does anyone know how it's going with the facility at Sevington, where lorries are meant to drive 22 miles inland for customs and other checks? If I had a dodgy cargo, I would head somewhere else...

WWW.POLITICO.EU

Ports have spent millions of their own cash on high-spec inspection facilities — but still don’t know how they’ll recoup their costs.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted (edited)

Yep - even faulty/missing documentation - just wave em through

'protecting our borders'

.. shouldn't that be 'protecting their businesses and smugglers, while making our businesses and smugglers pay'?

or perhaps more 'catchy ..

All of the costs, none of the benefits

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Gove - like his consultant firm enriching consultant company pals, jolly squandering, target missing Homes England ...

The taxpayer-funded agency says it is “extremely pleased with the strong performance and outcomes” it is achieving and well placed to deliver more housing.

they have missed all of their targets

last month an i investigation into the quango revealed concerns about a “dysfunctional”, “sick” organisation that had kept councils waiting for years and frustrated builders who ended up walking away.

Leaders of the agency supposed to be tackling England’s housing crisis are under fire from their own staff for neglecting delivery and a “failure” to manage spending, including nearly £400k on an internal meeting, i can reveal.

INEWS.CO.UK

Leaders warned of 'lack of trust' among employees as quango is criticised over 'vanity show' conference

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

first indications seem to be pointing to a very low turnout ..

Which is likely great news for the Tory and Re-form-a-torys

I'll still be surprised, even on a low turnout, and the unreformed tories in so many peoples *hit lists, if the reformatory party get 12% of the vote

The Tory Legacy

Typifies the mob you so proudly support Jugg 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Posted (edited)

So, Sunak has managed to get someone to 'volunteer to go to Rwanda hasn't he?

.. for just £3000 payment to the person plus 5 years free board and lodging isnt it?

- cost to UK taxpayer over £300M+ (300 million quid+) isnt it? - Bargain says Rwanda, especially with all the profit we made privately selling those luxury chalets Bravermann advertised for us

I wonder how many brits would jump at that offer? Thousands? Hundreds of thousands?

Lets see, up to 5 years free board and lodging and £3k in my pocket ..

I'd go - and like that person - just come back if/when I get bored.

First job - off to Botswana for a week to see the elephants.

Of course the paid volunteers going to Botswana are meaningless - Rwanda have REPEATEDLY said they wont take any forcibly trafficked people in breach of international law eh?

Have the poops actually got any civil servants to agree to go yet - probably end up as more massive payments to VIPal contractors to go and sit there doing nowt shortly eh?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

HOOOWLS with laughter

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Former prime minister Boris Johnson was caught out by a law his own government introduced as he went to vote on Thursday

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Campaign groups have warned that controversial voter ID rules may prevent people from voting

and like a Tory candidate here who doesn't have 'conservative' anywhere on his billboard

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Exclusive: Tees Valley mayor’s extraordinary broadside against his own party as Tories brace for drubbing in local elections – and MPs...

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 2

The Tory Legacy

Well, not quite the trouncing they deserve, and Andy Street suffering - despite distancing himself from the poops and being a good mayor (and despite the rather ridiculous muslim voter labour boycott across regions - did they really want the tories to stay in power?)

- But not bad at all

The Reformatory goons managed two council seats didn't it - out of over 300 they tried for ..  :rofl:

The Tory Legacy

Post Brexit changes linked to ‘collapse in confidence’ for UK farmers in food security crisis

NFU President Tom Bradshaw has warned that the collapse in confidence has seen 7,000 agricultural businesses close down since 2019 and is now imperilling food security in Britain.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

A devastating new report has revealed a collapse in confidence among farmers since Brexit

The Tory Legacy

On 05/05/2024 at 13:52, tobyjugg2 said:

Well, not quite the trouncing they deserve, and Andy Street suffering - despite distancing himself from the poops and being a good mayor (and despite the rather ridiculous muslim voter labour boycott across regions - did they really want the tories to stay in power?)

A true shame for Street really. A genuine asset for the region caught in the crossfire of the incompetence of his Westminster counterparts. I hope the Labour Mayor can attract the same investment for Birmingham and the surrounding areas. 

The Muslim vote didn't really boycott in the West Midlands, they voted for the independent who campaigned pretty much exclusively on Gaza.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Street did his best by removing any trace of the Tories from his campaign literature, as you say it's a shame for him.

I see Sunak is clutching at the only poll that shows the Tories in not too bad a light, the hung Parliament one. The boss of Ipsos and Sir John Curtice have both said it's flawed.

'Sir John Curtice, the polling expert, also projected the Conservatives nine points behind in the national vote share but advised against using this ­data to estimate Westminster seats. He told BBC Radio 4’s Today ­programme: “It’s quite long been the case, certainly since the late 1980s, that the way that people vote in local elections doesn’t necessarily exactly mirror the way that they would vote in a general election.” '

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted (edited)

Hung parliament - sounds too good to be true .....

😀

.. whether for the poops or in a different perspective - the UK

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

@lolerz

Cameron seems to be the Uk leader on that - but he has nothing to lose and everything to gain doesn't he - but I'm not saying he doesn't believe what he is saying or the stance hes taking - I think he does.

I can understand ALL the other politicians being 'careful - especially as the UK has zip/nada/zero influence with Netanyahu - who is unquestionably looking to destroy Gaza and let the settlers in. Its a no-win situation for everyone who gets involved whatever happens - the sideline must look like a very good place to be for many whatever mud might be (rightly) slung their way.

Its a horrendous situation, which both Hamas, Netanyahu and the settlers Israeli invading forces make unsolvable.

The Tory Legacy

10 hours ago, lolerz said:

The Muslim vote didn't really boycott in the West Midlands, they voted for the independent who campaigned pretty much exclusively on Gaza.

Difficult one - just like the situation it refers

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

'Sir John Curtice, the polling expert, also projected the Conservatives nine points behind in the national vote share but advised against using this ­data to estimate Westminster seats. He told BBC Radio 4’s Today ­programme: “It’s quite long been the case, certainly since the late 1980s, that the way that people vote in local elections doesn’t necessarily exactly mirror the way that they would vote in a general election.” '

There are so many factors, and local elections are often far more about local issues and people, but the one previously general rule in a general election are that the hard core Tories vote Tory and hard core Labour voters vote labour

Gaza seems to have dulled both the muslim and Jewish labour votes more than the Tories - and I can see why - but do the muslim voters really think that the Tories will do ANYTHING other than talk and then do whatever the Americans say - and thats support Israel whatever they do first and foremost in real terms?

Reform has unquestionably affected the Tory local vote - so should affect the GE vote a bit more, but has largely been factored in - reform isnt new in any way - its all Brexitish although there seem to be far more ex 'conservative' core reform/ukip/brexitish voters than ex 'labour' core voters - about 6-8% of the national vote in a GE seems to me. A little up on prior brexitish/faragits scores

But the large swathes of center ground voters who decide who wins the election seem to have utterly deserted the Tories in their millions - although they have gone to labour, libdems and greens - and many real conservatives are in limbo despite Sunak being naturally more a thatcherite than most - his party currently seems far less so.

Johnson promised much, and many were taken in, just as people (inc me) made that mistake with Farage in the early days - but we now know that they are self serving liars who can't be trusted with anything - although I still think it likely The Liar will be back - but most likely after the GE (60/40)

Starmer is lacking in charisma and presence, but others in his cabinet should shine. But Corbynistas could still cause trouble - another group that seem happy to drag everything down if they think it suites

Johnson perhaps could reunite some of the Tory party - but he seems to have numerous criminal and political convistions sitting in the background should he try

Lying about giving preference to dogs in the Afghan evacuations - and lying about it

Unlawfully proroguing parliament

embezzlement re funds and spending (eg flat referb) .. repeatedly

Taking jobs before he should after being booted - should lose his PM pension and rights over that IMO

the list goes on ad nauseam

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

So, anyone know what the latest is with Tory Peer Baroness Mone the PPE Crony?

- or Almost senior church devil Vennells?

- or do we have to wait for the Labour guv ..

WWW.DAILYRECORD.CO.UK

EXCLUSIVE: Michelle Mone is dissolving her interiors business and an app making company.
WWW.THENATIONAL.SCOT

MICHELLE Mone has shut down two of her three remaining businesses whilst being under investigation for allegations linked to...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Just the info in the links I added as far as I can see

Just continuing Folding all the companies and trying to remove assets from UK jurisdiction while they are still perhaps under the protection of the Tory guv  it seems

Don't know about others opinions, but the police 'awaiting the outcome of years of  meetings talking about it before prosecuting is getting rather thin IMO

The Tory Legacy