Fraudulent Ltd company setup on my address

Indie12
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 654 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Apologies If i am posting in the wrong thread.

Over the last 5 months, I have recieved various letters addressed to names that I do not recognise. The letters have come from companies House for ltd companies that have been setup. So far I have recieved letter against two different ltd company names that have been setup at my address. Most recently I recieved a letter from Klarna against one of the companies.

I have not setup the companies and they are fraudulent, I have complained to companies House who have told me they cannot do anything.

I am very concerned about this as I keep getting letters against the companies, I wanted to get some advice on here on what I can do about this?

• Like 1

Companies House are no use at all in cases like this. They will tell you that as the law stands they have no power to verify whether the company address given to them is valid. The law requires them to record in the Companies House Register whatever address the person who set up the company gives them.

Have you reported it to Action Fraud? If not report it as soon a possible and an AF crime report number. Even if AF do not investigate it any further it will help you demonstrate that this company is nothing to do with you.

Has your name been used at all? Or is the mail arriving at your addressed to someone else?

Hi

Actually what Companies House told you is partly correct that they can't remove a registered address with them but they can change it to a Companies House Default Address so point out to Companies House the link below.

Have a wee read of this link: (go down to Applying to remove address details)

WWW.GOV.UK

How to tell Companies House if a company is using your personal information without your consent.

Also I assume you have checked these companies out on Companies House so make sure and take a screenshot of it and keep it for your records in a safe place.

As this is your home address these companies are therefore processing your personal data without your consent your need to:

1. Write to these companies and address it FAO data protection officer asking for the removal of your Address as they are in breach of DPA 2018  and GDPR.

2. Make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) that these companies are processing your Address as their company address without your consent.

ICO.ORG.UK

If you have a concern about the way an organisation has handled your personal information or you have an issue accessing information from a...

If these Companies are setup as Limited Companies on Companies House also have a wee read of this link:

WWW.GOV.UK

Complain about or report company for breaking the law or committing fraud, running scams, or selling faulty products of services

Keep a good paper trail of everything, get free proof of posting from the post office

As mentioned by other inform Action Fraud of this but I would also have a wee chat with your local Police Station as well

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group