Brittania/BW Windscreen PCN Claimform - west Quay Retail Park Southampton SO15 1BA ***Claim Dismissed***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

apologies dx100uk. Like everyone else, I have a million other things in my daily life to attend to and an extremely demanding job. Getting time is one of my biggest difficulties. Add to that I've never had to deal with this kind of thing before, so I'll take as much help from you as I can get given that you obviously know a great deal more than I do.

So to answer my question, am I right in thinking that I need to physically post hard copies of the N180 response to both the court and the other side? I'd made the mistake of assuming everything could now be done online.

you must read up going fwd.

the judge wont care for any excuses.

everyone else manages it to date here..

a CCJ will kill your credit file for 6yrs.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/347310-legal-n180-directions-questionnaire-small-claims-track-correct-at-sept-2016/#comment-5088148

3 copies

yes to mediation (unless you filed our Statute Barred Defence OR this is a claim for a Private Parking Ticket)

1 wit you

Suitability for determination without a hearing? no

the rest is obv

1 to the court

1 to sols (omit phone/sig/email)

1 for your file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so - this is a private parking claim and I did use the defence statement suggested.

If I click No for mediation - will that not go against me as it could be used to show I wasn't willing to resolve?

What reason do I give for saying No to determination without a hearing?

I have to post these off tomorrow and I'm genuinely now at the point where it may just be better that I give in and pay the money. I genuinely don't know if I'm up to this.

or there is simply nothing to mediate over...............think about it...

who says you owe the speculative invoice in the first place... not the judge as they've not even seen the case file yet.

so who says you owe sols fees?

let alone the court claim costs .?

no-one 

negotiation means give and take ....agree a figure... there is not one to agree over...wake up!!

you dont need to give a reason.

on the papers means they can send fake/doctored exhibits you will not be able to argue against

you seriously must get reading up.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

2 hours ago, commonsensehasdied said:

I have to post these off tomorrow and I'm genuinely now at the point where it may just be better that I give in and pay the money. I genuinely don't know if I'm up to this.

The forum is quite happy to guide you but as dx says you need to read some similar threads to familiarise yourself with the court process.

It makes no sense to give in now, as costs are already included in the  fleecers' claim.  If you pay now, you pay £237.  If by some horror you lose in court - very, very unlikely but let's be pessimistic - you pay £237.  So it's obvious it makes sense to fight this.

In fact even if you were to lose in court it's highly likely the judge would disallow the £60 Unicorn Food Tax that the fleecers have made up and you'd pay £177..

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I've just read your thread from the start.  A few things.

1.  You can e-mail the DQ to the court but you should never give the fleecers your e-mail address as they will send lies later on at one second to a court deadline and you'll have no chance to counter.  So send the fleecers their copy by snail mail and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.  Make damn sure your e-mail address is not shown on the copy of the DQ that you send to the charlatans.

2.  At some point in the future you will need to write to the fleecers and tell them not to correspond by e-mail, as you've already given them your e-mail address.  If you still have time you could kill two birds with the DQ.  Enclose a letter:

Dear Britannia Parking,

Re: claim no. XXXXX, PCN no. XXXXX

I enclose my Directions Questionnaire regarding the above-mentioned county court claim.

Kindly note that the e-mail address XXXXX@XXXXX used in the past for communications between us is absolutely not to be used for correspondence regarding the court claim.

Yours,

3.  Can you please upload the original PCN you got from them.  £90 is a strange amount and it would be good to see what they sent you.

Edited by FTMDave
Typos

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You wish to be able to challenge their WS and have opportunity to as their representative questions in court potentially,   DX LFI and FTMDave will likely give a more definitive reason.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• dx100uk changed the title to Brittania/BW Windscreen PCN Claimform - west Quay Retail Park Southampton SO15 1BA

why does west Quay Retail Park Southampton SO15 1BA ring a bell with me here? @FTMDave

and they

In reality you will challenge their statement within the contents of your own statement. There are valid reasons already stated along side the section on the N180.

Relevant reasons include that there are factual disputes which will need the judge to hear from witnesses directly (in which case please specify the factual dispute and the relevant witnesses) or that the issues are so complex they need to be argued orally.

This is a pilot scheme being tested in various County Courts and pursuant to Practice Direction 51ZC

Regards

Andy.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

it will all fall inplace and be understood once you get to the WS stage.

there are 100's of PCN Claimform witness statements here already

if go read a few, you'll generally see they are mostly alike, with fine tuning on specific issues the fleecers mention in theirs, which need countering.

dont worry about the pilot scheme or not, makes little odds.

dx

and they

On 19/08/2022 at 12:07, dx100uk said:

why does west Quay Retail Park Southampton SO15 1BA ring a bell with me here? @FTMDave

Not a place that springs to mind dx, at least with me.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I've received the attached and REALLY don't know how to write my own defence!

I've searched the site for defence letters as directed, but I'm just not understanding

a) where to find those letters or

b) how to reply.

I also have an obscene amount of personal drama going on in my life right now, and I'm really struggling to cope.

I have less than 72 hrs to file the defence letter in response to the attached and give to the other side.

I have no problem standing in front of a judge and telling them my side of the story - and showing them the proof that I had a ticket (BP kindly included the photo of my ticket in their argument), I just don't have the smarts to write what I need to write.

Please help

Thanks

PCN Defence-1 received.pdf

you've already filed your defence MONTHS ago.

have you received your Notice of Allocation yet (N157) giving you a hearing date and when you each have to exchange Witness Statements?

what the latest update on MCOL for the case?

and they

The letter you have received is just hot air from the other side's paper tigers.  It's not from the court.  They are trying to put the wind up you.  Relax, laugh and ignore it.

But you would know this already if you'd been reading up and understanding the stages of the court process.  I'm sorry to hear about personal issues but there really is no other way.  Caggers who gen up win in court.  Those who don't, lose.  It really is as simple as that.

Please answer dx's questions when you get a moment.

8 minutes ago, FTMDave said:

But you would know this already if you'd been reading up and understanding the stages of the court process

not done once ..............

dx

and they

Its the Witness Statement you clobber them with. the generic defence allows time to look at what is wrong with their case in detail and counter it.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi - yes, I've received the NOA and have to file my witness statement (apologies, that's what I was calling my defence letter) within the next 48hrs.

I've genuinely been trying to read up on what comes next and how I respond etc. but I'm clearly not the best at finding things, hence my desperate plea for help.

Scan up the NOA all pages to one mass pdf. Read upload carefully.

Dx

and they

NOA.pdfNOA.pdfNOA.pdfHi - yes, I've received the NOA and have to file my witness statement (apologies, that's what I was calling my defence letter) within the next 48hrs.

I've genuinely been trying to read up on what comes next and how I respond etc. but I'm clearly not the best at finding things, hence my desperate plea for help.

MCOL current.pdf