Lowell PAPLOC now Claimform - old E-ON £3K+ bill

autumn53

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Update

Nothing through post but I received an Email from E-ON today that contains a link to the SAR material. 

The zip folder contains

Covering Letter

Bills and Letters pdf (contains past bills)

Audio recordings

Event history pdf  (mentions the disputed £3k bill)

Email pdfs

RDS Explanation

Financial Transactions pdf

I am enclosing a few documents after ensuring personal information is not visible.

Please could you have a look whenever you have a moment to spare.

Many thanks for this.

EON SAR Extract.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi friends,

This EON account in question was initially held and paid for (via direct debit) by my husband from Dec 2018 to Feb 2020.

We had raised an SAR on the 17th of Jan for my husband's information held by EON. They have not responded to this SAR and the 30 day period has run out today.

Please may I have some advice? We are meanwhile preparing a second SAR for the same but will only post if

we are advised to do so.

Many thanks

Simply ask them where it is

could still be in the post.

Dx

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi again,

I received the attached text and email a few mins ago from EON.  I am hoping this is an automated text and I am supposed to ignore it given the fact that I am yet to receive my SAR documents from them.

The 30 day period for the reminder for my husband's SAR is due to run out on the 23rd of March. 

Thanks

Autumn

text msgs.pdf

• Like 1

Sorry, but do I understand that you send them an essay on 17 January and then on 17 February you gave them another 30 days?

• I agree 1

Can you tell us something about the SAR that you apparently sent.

I understand the dispute is in your husband's name – is this correct?

Who was the signatory to the SAR? – Was it you? Or was it your husband?

• I agree 1

1. I had initially raised an SAR for myself being the signatory in Dec 21 to which EON had replied with full details back in Jan 22.

The Dispute I would believe is in my name and I am getting the reminder for the payment.

2. Also, since my husband held the account initially and later transferred it to me in Feb 2021. The SAR for this too was raised in Jan 2022 to which EON sent no response and my husband sent a reminder in Feb allowing another 30 days. My husband was the signatory to this SAR. 

Thanks 

Edited by autumn53

Well I don't fully understand the whole thing and I have visited this thread for some time.

If you sent an SAR with a 30 day deadline then I don't understand why you don't then enforce the deadline.

I telephoned E-ON and I told them that you had sent them an SAR giving them 30 days and that they breached the deadline so you gave another 30 days.
They laughed

I think I see the mistake I made. The reminder should not give them this long to respond. I think this happened because I was planning to send a fresh SAR instead, assuming they never received my SAR and being the senile self I am these days, I mentioned the 30 days in the reminder

Please is there anything that could be done about this?

Do you have any evidence that you sent the SAR? I'm assuming it was sent by post

Well I'm quite sure that they are going to breach the reminder as well.

So it's up to you if you want to take control. If you don't then it's probably not worth doing anything but then you still have a £3000 bill to deal with.

So on that basis, I will be looking to threaten them with a legal action and then to sue them for the distress they have caused. It would only be a small amount of money – maximum £100 but enough to cause them to look and see what on earth they are doing and to understand that they made a mistake by not supplying you with the data you want.

You have sent them a reminder which I believe expires about the 23rd of this month. You aren't bound by that date and and you could issue a letter of claim now if you wanted.

However you need to decide.

I notice that we first suggested that you send an SAR in the middle of December and yet you didn't send it until 17th of January. Then your deadline expired on 17 February and you didn't deal with that you simply gave them even more time.

I think you have to look at the way that you are dealing with this.

Believe me when they finally decide to take action for £3000, they won't muck around in the way that you are and they are more powerful than you and also the people who are dealing with this don't care. At 5 o'clock they simply go home and they don't think about you – whereas you have to live with this.

What you want to do? And more importantly if you do start to assert yourself – are you going to be consistent?

• I agree 1

Hi,

I prepared my SAR on the day I started this thread as soon as I was advised by you to do so. Dec18th

and posted it the next day. They send a full response on the 13 Jan.

Then it struck us that my husband too has held this account in the past and has paid via direct debit for the same and it would be wise to raise an SAR for him too. We sent this SAR on 17th Jan. And the reminder on the 23rd Feb. (this is where I think I could have been prompter but life was lifing on me at that time) And then I gave them these extra 30 days that made no sense. Guess I am not cut out to take on these people. It is a massive sum and we are barely coping with unforgiving expenses. 

Trouble is, that we never even used this much electricity. We paid every month right from the start whatever Eon presented. This being a shared meter with a massive plant, I am unsure why Eon does not want to consider that such an amount is disproportionate to a household user. A family of an old, slow couple. This is beyond me.

I have read the forum a bit and am completely confused. My husband has given up. I have not seen £3000 in cash in a long time. I politely request some advice and I promise to follow it to the T.  

The SAR date.

I understand very well that your position is that you haven't used this much electricity. The trouble is that it's not us that you need to convince. It is either them or the courts.

If you want to push the SAR to begin with, then you will probably need to start a county court claim as I have indicated above – for a small amount of money – but enough to focus them.

I suggest that you spend a couple of days reading up on this forum about the steps involved in taking a small claim in the County Court. You might get some hints elsewhere. I'm not sure that the guide here is completely up-to-date because we don't have the resources to keep up.

However, we will help to see you through if this is what you decide to do. I suggest also that you visit the County Court money claim website and register there and start to get a feel for it.

If you feel that you are prepared to take a county court claim then let us know in a couple of days and then we will help you prepare the letter of claim you will send them giving them a 14 day deadline after which you will sue. This means that on day 15 you go ahead and you sue. It's not a bluff

Thank you very much for your kind time and your sympathy.

I will read through everything and will post again once I feel I have a good grip on this process. 

Many many thanks for this. May god bless you.

While I was reading through the forums here and the MoneyClaim help, I received the result for SAR via post today. The package contains the same papers that they sent in response to the SAR I had raised as myself (not my husband"s). So basically, they have not given us any material they hold from the time when my husband held the account (from Dec 2018 to Feb 2020). They have just sent the same stuff as before... my data. (from Feb 20 to July 21).

My husband's SAR was sent on the 17th of Jan 2022 and the reminder on the 23rd of Feb 2022. It had my husband's name with our address and he signed it. No mention of me at all. An independent SAR from him to EON. Eon's letter today says they got this SAR on 08.02.22. And their letter is addressed to me. Why? When I am not even the signatory to this SAR

So you are saying that they have disclosed your personal data to your husband – correct?

You aren't actually answering the question. Whose data is it and to whom has it been disclosed?

Thank you.

I had understood that they had disclosed your husband's data to or vice versa.

So what we are hearing here is that they haven't complied with your husband's SAR – they have simply disclose yours for a second time – is this correct?