• Tweets

• Do not under any circumstances plead guilty until we know what we are dealing with. It's a sure way to 9 points. The tried and tested way to handle this is to plead not guilty to both charges and offer to plead guilty to speeding provided the "Fail to give information" charge is dropped. But I am concerned about this "ticket refused" sticker. I've never heard of this before. A "ticket" is not a term used in connection with speeding offences. There seems a distinct possibility that your response was received by the police but one thing worries me: I've never heard of a sticker being placed on a response and it being returned "Return to Sender". t's just not what ticket offices do. If you could post a picture of this document and the sticker it might help.  If you can show the response was received you may have a defence to the "Fail to Provide" charge (provided you completed your response properly). If the police are saying you did not respond they cannot succeed with a speeding charge (as they have no evidence you were driving). But if you did not respond, who put the sticker on the document and sent it back yo you?
    • lolerz, many thanks for your reply and correcting my big mistake, oh dear start again. They sent the section 48 along with the Form NO 6A, it was sitting on top of the paperwork, sorry about that. SO they have sent me a Form No 6A and i have received the court paperwork with the claim form and defence paperwork.    
    • Hamster Bedding. Ignore.
    • Hi, below is a draft of the letter Address: Hugo Martin Director of Legal and Company Secretary EVRi Parcelnet Ltd trading as Evri CAPITOL HOUSE, 1, CAPITOL CLOSE LEEDS LS27 0WH REQUEST OF CONTRACTS      Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing in regards to the ongoing small claims case ____. In your Defendant’s response you make reference to a pre-existing commercial agreement between yourselves and Packlink (2.7). In that, you claim to have a clause removing customers third party rights under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999. I would like to request a copy of this contract and confirmation of the date on which the exclusion of third party rights term was included in it. If you refuse to provide this then I will be henceforth referring to that refusal in the claim, including to the Judge. I also notice that you have destroyed tracking information due to "lapse of time" in line with your data protection policy (2.12). Can you share where this data protection policy is disclosed to customers? I also ask you to forward you a copy of that data protectiono policy, and again if you refuse to provide this then I will be henceforth referring to that refusal in the claim, including to the Judge. Kind regards,
    • Firstly, thank you for filling in the sticky so quickly - we wish everyone who comes here would do that! You're in the clear.  MET don't know who the driver was.  They can use Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 to transfer liability to the keeper if their bilge arrives within 14 days - they didn't send it out till 102 days after!!! So sit on your hands.  MET will come out with threat after threat but ultimately will do nothing. Have a read of other threads for this car park - we are having a tsunami of cases at the moment. Be sure to come back here though if they ever send you a Letter of Claim.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

VCS Spycar PCN Claimform - no stopping - JLA - Liverpool ***Claim Dismissed*** NO CONTRACT SINCE 2015!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Thanks. I spent about 2 hours using the PDF editor someone sent on this forum, then to be told at the end - this cannot be saved.

I'll try again tomorrow. Also I wanted to have the comments on VCS WS fresh in my mind. 

Guys, I tried 4 different PDF editors online today and spent an hour modifying the 46 page WS only to be told to enter my credit card details, which I reluctantly did, but it

said the card can't be processed. I then tried 3 other online PDF editors, which are all American based  websites so I skipped through to the payment process and hit the 

same issue. I also tried using a PDF to Word converter, but the text and pictures were all over the place. Is there an alternative option of printing 46 pages, modifying it and scanning it back in?

why are you using a PDF editor?

you dont need one and they can be reversed

you scan/convert to jpg pictures each page of their ws .

you redact in a .jpg/photo editing prog.

you convert the lot to pdf

you merge it to one multipage pdf

the FREE SITES LISTED IN UPLOAD ARE ONLINE EDITORS.

its why we bothered to make the upload guide!!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guys,

Please find VCS WS attached. I took the body of the WS to reduce it from 46 pages to 8. The rest of the other 38 pages is identical to Flamjam's post 58 regarding PCN's, reminders, signage, location. In fact the majority of the WS was the same as Flamjam's. This WS includes about selling Buckingham Palace and stocks/shares. 

Note! I did a PDF to Word conversion online - took the body and editted it as the format was all over the place. Did a Select All and tried to change it to single font type, but didn't happen. Hopefully it's readable. If not I'll try again.

Thanks

VCS WS.pdf

So we have a break from Ambreen for once, only to be entertained by Wally, he of the feather fame, who has now moved on to wittering on about Buckingham Palace.

I'm at work now but will look forward to having a laugh at whatever Wally has come up with in about three hours' time.  He never disappoints.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Wali is trawling for cases, No mention of Relevant Land or By laws, the case he quotes  with the Bucking ham Palace reference is one where HMRC were after VCS for VAT on the PCN's

CHRISSIEVERS.COM

In Vehicle Control Services Ltd v HM Revenue & Customs [2013] EWCA 186 the Court of Appeal allowed the appeal by the taxpayer against...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Could you please post up all the items included with their WS. The contract, the signage, the maps of the area and where the signage is on the maps and planning permission.

And if you can , please park where your car stopped on the plan.

Edited by lookinforinfo
  • Like 1

On 19/01/2023 at 18:14, dx100uk said:

why are you using a PDF editor?

you dont need one and they can be reversed

you scan/convert to jpg pictures each page of their ws .

you redact in a .jpg/photo editing prog.

you convert the lot to pdf

you merge it to one multipage pdf

the FREE SITES LISTED IN UPLOAD ARE ONLINE EDITORS.

its why we bothered to make the upload guide!!!

why you've done it 'you way' is quite honestly puzzling.

what device do you have a PC running windows?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why do  these paralegals do it all the time? They quote other cases that have no relevance to a No Stopping clause  such as Parking Eye v Beavis which was about parking in a car park with a definite contractual contract. Here there is no contract as they are using a prohibitory clause which cannot form a contract..Plus you have a Consideration period where you have at least five minuted to read the T&Cs before deciding to accept them or drive off.

In your case you are driving down a  road and confronted by a sign that says No Stopping. You have no consideration time nor can you turn around if you don't accept the warning since to do that you would have to stop. So it is ludicrous to suggest that you accepted the term as you have no  other option but .to drive on. There can be no logical reason for Walli to suggest at point 34 that the same reasoning by the Judge in the Beavis case should apply to your case.

Yes cases irrelevant to their claim, they know a prohibition cannot form a Contract but still they persist.  I think there was a case a few years back where a fleecer tried to ground a claim form parking where stopping was prohibited against a keeper whose vehicle had broken down, they also invoiced via a parking Charge Notice the recovery truck that arrived to tow the vehicle off if they could not fix it.  Wali is trying his luck as Ambreen's seems to have run out./

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Parking, stopping, parking, stopping, parking, stopping.

Wally really does not know what to call it, does he?...

Until the very end in his conclusion,

"It is a matter of agreement that the instance of parking in contravention of the Terms and Conditions of the signs."

Says it all.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

There's nothing to worry about in Wally's WS, it's the usual warbling on & on & on, and then on some more, about there being loads of signs.

This bit caught my eye: 31. Furthermore, the signage on the approach road is reflective and positioned to face oncoming motorists

I've never been to JLA, but I was at East Midlands Airport in August, and at a guestimate 50% of Simple Simon's signs were placed parallel to the road, i.e. not to face oncoming motorists.

Yesterday I booked another EMA flight for April, the flight gets in nice and early at 11:15 on a day when I have nowt really to do, so I think my phone will be taking lots of pix for future use.

Am dropping someone at JLA Thursday, will see what's what if I can.  Wali called it a Parking Incident at the end of that WS stopping to yurn round is not Parking, whole WS is a load of waffle, so Waffler Wali attampting to confuse and in the process maybe annoying the judge, defence isn't to complex here plenty to counter that word salad,.

I like Waffler Wally.  Sums him up perfectly.  We should stick with that. 

It would be great if you could get photos to embarrass Simon at JLA, Brassnecked.

A photograph of the sign at the  start of entering the airport entrance  which should show the No Stopping sign would be great. -Also I am pretty sure that at one time all the No Stopping signs along the route did not show that there was a £100 charge for breaching that rule nor that there would be additional charges if not paid with 28 days.

If you get a chance could you please look to see how accurate VCS are with their sign. I suspect they are a touch ambitious with their claims shall  we say.

Watch you don't get a ticket while doing it.

Will try to park near by away from the site if possible and walk, stop by the sign take pictures and see if the camera van man comes to demand my name as I am on foot. have seen people walk up there .

alo0ng with Waffling Wali there is Asinine Ambreen.  do we have anything recent on Google Earth in the meantime?

and are they VCS SIGNS not BYELAW signs stating thus.

i believe JLA signs state its a byelaw contravention enforced by the airport authority on them..not by VCS .

sure this has come up in another JLA thread or was that bristol...cant remember?

and they

That's what needs clarification especially as VCS use a van there

There are any number of ways to fight this case but we do need to see the contract, signs etc. to help win. The contract can be a great help at LJA   as there a few things wrong with it. 

Question for the Site experts-is it possible for Jimmy Spices to prevent VCS from entering a Supplemental WS in response to his WS?

I am not sure LFI, but I think accepting a WS or a SWS after the court deadline is up to the judge's discretion.

Seems to be part of the VCS MO now once defence WS submitted, often chock full of waffle and inapplicable cases.  Ambreens have been less than steller.

Guys,

Please find attached the JLA road plan. I've added in blue where I stopped (for 40 seconds). Basically I thought the Long Stay car park (shown as  3 in the diagram) was the one I had pre-booked, but as I was about to enter the lane going towards the car park, I couldn't see any signs for "Imagine Car Park", therefore turned my car immediately as the lane was heading towards the car park barrier with no way of turning around except to reverse out. My pre-booked car park is also shown in blue in an industrial estate about 100 metres from where I stopped with the same postcode as the airport.

This diagram is from VCS WS.

Also, I drove into the Pickup car park shown as 10 just to work out where my car park was located and paid £3 to leave.

LFI - you've asked for the whole WS, but as I mentioned it's identical to Flamjam's post 58, except the WS wording itself is slightly different, the rest is identical, I've triple checked. Flamjam received his MCOL on the same day I received mine. So VCS were probably having a purge on who to target.

DX100UK - yes I use Windows PC. It's not a great excuse, but I've spent many hours trying to edit the VCS WS and I think with all the great help I've received here I don't know if it will add any more to my case, particularly as Flamjam received the identical WS.

Brassnecked - did you have any luck with taking photo's at JLA?

I guess I'll run through my own WS to the judge, as it seems there's enough silver bullets to kill a pack of werewolves. I'll print off the email confirmation from Wali for the receipt of my WS, in case they try the "didn't receive the WS shenanigans."  

The 10th Feb date is still provisional, so I still need to confirm 2 days before with the Court if it's going ahead - according to the Court Order.

Thanks 

JLA Plan.pdf

Edited by JimmySpices