A2Dominion - Housing Association property flooding - damning ombudsman report

https://a2dominion.co.uk/

Hi

that's good news on SHP now just make sure and do a bullet point list of things you want to raise with them not just about A2 but also SHP actions pointing out the link I posted about SHP Values before they chat to A2.

Are SHP aware of your Topic here on the forum which explains A2 actions fully or sorry there total inaction to take responsibility for there failures until the Ombudsman's got involved all of a sudden your getting update from A2. 

Anything you mention about A2 to SHP you must point out that even if this was during the COVID-19 Restrictions that were in place the Housing Regulations had not been suspended nor were you informed even to dat of your Right to Repair and A2 still had to follow them even if that meant updating you that a timeline for repairing your property had been extended and the reason and your right under the Right to Repair Scheme. (which A2 completely failed to do even ignoring all your letters/emails of complaint in breach of their own procedures/customer care)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya stu,

This meeting is due for the end of the month and I am to attend (I believe its a virtual meeting).

SHP are aware of this thread as I included the details in the complaint.

I've since met with the new support worker and she seems clued up so it's looking promising. So along with what you have mentioned above, I need to work out what else to put to A2

Hi

That's good news about the meeting with SHP.

Make sure and do a bullet point list separating then both so that you have a list for SHP issue and a list for A2 issue this way if you may forget something you can just look at your list.

Do be as personal as to how you feel about your treatment/lack of assistance from both SHP/A2 during the entire period you have basically been left to deal with all this on your own.

You look after yourself and keep us updated

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi just thought I would pop in to see how this is going and that you are keeping well.

Since you had the meeting and I let you know well certain things A2 said were basically bull and they basically lied in front of both SHP and yourself.

Did you do as suggested and let SHP know about this and if so has SHP taken this up with A2?

Just for info have a wee look at this CAG Link as it will be helpful to you in any property you ever move to, have a good read of it especially post#5 - 7 have checklists that can be downloaded (you could also pint out this link to SHP and even if they wanted our advice):

You look after yourself.

Hiya Stu,

I am doing OK thanks, hope all is well with you.

I did indeed let SHP know and they informed me that had contacted A2 with relevant links and would get back to me when they have heard anything (we were already expecting a response in regards to points/questions I raised), yet a few weeks on and have heard nothing back.

repairs now quoted as being scheduled to be complete by mid March from mid Feb...which was to be expected really.

Thanks for the link, these will be very handy for future when I start bidding for properties once all this has concluded. Interestingly I see there is a Decant policy. upon searching, A2's says:

...... If this is not possible, we will talk to you about alternative options, including temporary accommodation through the local authority, bed and breakfast or hotel accommodation.

I didn't get spoken to with any options, just take this place...and when I later told them I was starting to go crazy here and asked to be moved, I basically got ignored . Hopefully, at least next time, I will be more clued up.

Thanks again

Hi

Make sure and let the chap from SHP know about that Decant Policy and what you weren't offered, yet again A2 breaching its own policy. Also make the Ombudsman aware of that Policy as well,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and also that I would have expected something from SHP chasing A2 about this oh we didn't know about the Right to Repair (big lie from A2 as they are fully aware of it) to see what excuse they came out with to SHP and yourself.

If this is still ongoing and SHP have not heard from A2 yet with a proper response then what the heck are SHP doing not chasing this up for a response and if this is the case then you need to make another Formal Complaint to SHP 

You look after yourself

Hi Stu,

It's all still really frustrating...A2 haven't fed back on anything and certainly not on the Right to repair scheme.

Another meeting is scheduled for this week, so we will see what they say..as was expected they keep delaying the property being fixed yet further.

Thanks again

Hi

If there is going to be a meeting make sure and have a list of questions that you want answered especially the fib about the Right to Repair Scheme they told you they were unaware of when it is enshrined in Housing Legislation that they would be fully aware of and with that one keep asking the question until you get an answer.

(always play it calm but keep asking your questions until you get an answer and if they try to fob you off with an excuse of we will get back to you don't accept that as they have had long enough and should be able to answer that question)

I do hope that SHP are going to be present as well and if they are make sure and ask them to minute that meeting and you would like a copy of those minutes.

The other big question is why do A2 when someone takes up a New Tenancy not inform those individuals as part of signing that New Tenancy of the reasons to have Contents Insurance and it is note in their Housing File that they have been informed as A2 didn't make you aware of this requirement when signing a New Tenancy nor can A2 show in your Housing File that this was mentioned. (if A2 refer to their website you then state the exact same again and refer it to SHP as well)

Look after yourself

• 1 month later...

Hi

Hope your keeping well just poping in to see how things are going

Any further update on what SHP are doing to resolve this with A2 as it seems SHP should be getting more pro active with this as they helped place you into that property so should take some responsibility on this.

Have you heard anything further from the Ombudsman?

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just checking how things are going as still haven't heard from you since my last post and hope you are OK.

How did the meeting go and were SHP present?

HI Stu,

Sorry, I missed the email notification for your previous post.

Everything has gone pretty quiet on this. The meeting was essentially a waste of time, as all points raised were pretty much dismissed by A2 or fobbed off. SHP were present (was a zoom meeting)

All has gone quiet on this front and I have heard nothing from the Ombudsman.

SHP are pushing A2 to do some of the works that should have been done now I am finally back and thats about it.

Having attended a drop in with Thames some weeks ago,  I found two things 1. that FLIP devices were offered for free to all properties that were flooded in 2008 and that they tried hard to contacted everyone and 2. That it's likely the flooding here was caused by drainage issues. They were supposed to send me some paperwork, but clearly forgot!

Also during that meeting, it was let known that part of the reason things took so long was because they found water damage in walls that was as a result of previous flooding too.

My understanding is that a lot of work was done on the drainage in my absence (however I don't know for certain) and perhaps in due course I can try and get A2 to disclose all.

TBH having moved back, trying to settle back into life after this 21 months or so I am struggling to motivate myself to fight.

Today I received an email from the ombudsman, apologising for delays etc. Said they have now received the info they requested from A2 and that I'll hear from them again once my case has been allocated to someone. They aim to have it resolved by December.  

Hi

Thanks for that update and that is a shocking length of time to have to wait for the ombudsman and IMO you should make your Local MP aware of these shocking timescales for the Housing Ombudsman.

I also fully appreciate that this would have taken its toll on you personally and if you need to take time out for you health then you do so as your health is more important.

Thanks Stu, will certainly keep you updated, and yeah the wait with the ombudsman has been shocking, but seems that they have valid excuses and would most likely repeat the same to my MP:

27 June 2023

Dear Mr xxxx

Complaint: xxxxx0 - A2Dominion Housing Group Limited

I am writing to provide an update about your case.

We are aiming to determine your case by the end of December 2023.

I understand that this is longer than you may have expected. Demand for the service has increased dramatically, following various changes and events in the housing sector. In response to this, we are prioritising the investigation of sensitive and complex cases.

We are doing our best to manage this situation. Our casework team has tripled in size to deliver the excellent level of service all of our residents and landlords deserve.

You will be contacted as soon as your case has been allocated to a caseworker. In the meantime, if your circumstances change (or have changed) please let us know.

Yours sincerely,

• 1 month later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see how you are doing and hope you are keeping well especially with what you have been through with this

Hi

I can fully understand as this has all probably taken its toll on you as its been going on that long so you just take your time and you have done a fantastic job in dealing with all this.

As for the Ombudsman I would give them a wee prompt to ask what is happening or a wee update.

You take good care of yourself

Thanks Stu,

Yes, I think the last couple of years has taken its toll...I think all the ignoring and fobbing off from A2 and the water company has finally got to me and I've given in. I've even got fungus growing in my bathroom from a leak A2 said they would deal with (before I moved back in)…but just lost motivation to push. 

I will indeed send an email to the ombudsman tomorrow....hopefully when they contact me I'll be more alert.

As I believe I've said from the start, I am very grateful for the support I've received from you and this site.

Hi

You are more than welcome for our help and support that is what we are here for.

If any update just pop in and lets use know otherwise you know where we are.

Just take care of yourself.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Just thought I would pop in to see if anything back from ombudsman at all?

Hi Stu,

I actually received a determination from the Ombudsman yesterday. There is plenty I could comment on...but I need to clear my mind.

However, I can't really fault anything and based on the evidence they have....they seem to be very fair.

All I can really say for now, is that without your help this positive outcome would never have been possible. I am so grateful to you and this site for all the help you have given.

Ombudsman's letter is attached 

2023-12-22 - Investigation Report .pdf

• Like 2