• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Reid vs GE Money / Purpleloans Going to Court ***SETTLED***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello reidnet,

Truely sorry can't be with you in person, but will be there 100% in spirit(hiccup):lol:

Will be thinking of you and wishing you well on your crusade.

All the best

ME

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iain

Very best of luck, mate.

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

Well.. Not too good News on this one..

After some discussion the Judge has allocated the case to the Fast Track and stated that the claim is not suitable for Small claims on the grounds of some legal arguements used in the claim.

Im taking a bit of time out on this one to consider my options so to speak and seek advise from others on the matter.

Just to add to this, The couple of days out were great..lol and a very Big Big Thank you to Lynn (bach) and Mike for looking after me so well, it was greatly appreciated, and at least if nothing else from the court trip I met 2 really Genuine Caring friends :) , Hope to one day return the hospitallity too.

Thanks to everyone for their support too, Maybe this war has been lost but the Battle for sure will Continue..

And as a Footnote, If GE are reading this, Please provide your solicitors with the full Details before the next hearing, they poor guy didnt know where to look when he was corrected about matters in the case that he should have Known, (PS thanks to the GE Mole..lol) and please tell him the next time to a least remember my name FFS...lol youve seen it in writing often enough.

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Welcome back....Ian, i wouldn't mind to know more about this meeting....

thank you

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

Quick Update,

Well that's my Statement of Claim adjusted as agreed with the District Judge at the allocation hearing. On reading through my claim again I feel that evidence provided in the claim is sufficiant to continue the claim even through Fast Track.

I will be posting it off to Court this week and forwarding a copy of it direct to their Solicitors.

I will also be having a go about the solicitor that they used for the Allocation Hearing, Obviously GE waited to see if I had the Balls to turn up for the hearing and when I did they appear to have appointed a local Solicitor within about an hour, (we overheard some comments regarding GE from 2 solicitors talking not too far away..lol), Obviously he was not fully aware of the state of the claim etc and he even forgot my name, he had to call me the claimant..lol Well I have been called worse.

Well just have to sit back yet again and wait and see what Bull**** they come back with this time. And I will be keeping some little bits and peices up my sleeve for use later on..lol ;) ;)

Again thanks to all who have Supported me so far and hopefully will continue to hang around until this one is settled one way or the other.

Ian

• Haha 1

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Ian

Have you set up a 'fighting fund'? I'll chip in - this is too important to let slip. Via PayPal? I'm up for it - have been following progress for some time now, and have never liked the idea of lurking helplessly ...

Very best of luck,

T.

"Weasel (n): any person or group that operates in that vast grey area between good ethical behaviour and the sort of activities that might send you to jail".

Keep up the good work Ian, good for you for sticking it out mate

:)

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

Reidnet,

Do you have a opy of the POC you used for your claim, I have had a quick look after someone asked me about it on my thread (fortunately never needed to fight that hard for mine!) ad I know there are some that would find it very useful!!!

Gooders

If I have helped tip my scales:)

I am not a legal eagle, professional accountant, [problem] artist or axe murder so please bear in mind that my advice is just that advice from someone in the same boat as you.......

Claims:

Lloyds TSB Acct 1 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d/Statements received/£2500ish to be claimed + contractual interest

Lloyds TSB Acct 2 - *WON* over £5K won with compond CI at 28.9%

Lloyds TSB PPI *WON* - CCA'd/They cant find agreement/£2650 awarded

Halifax TSB Closed account issues*WON* - £610 in compensation for an account closed with £10 in it!

Student Loans - 20 Feb 07 CCA'd/on back burner for now

Hmmm seems Im on the right end of winning, God that feels GOOD!

Hello Ian, I am wishing you the best of luck. Personally GE money have ignored prelim and LBA for mine. not a peep. This is including PPI to recap/ What legal arguments made the the judge allocate to Fast Track ?

Milly XXX

CAPITAL ONE (O/H!): Won £1864.63 including contractual :D

GE MONEY: WON £266.00

Hi Milly,

I used the Misrepresentation Act in my claim, I did also use the Fraud act but this has now been removed as it is more related to criminal cases rather than Civil cases.

I have also asked in my claim for quite a lot of disclosures regarding commision etc, and what grounds did the sales rep leave etc etc, Though I have had it confirmed from a source that basically all the sales reps wer in a round about way sacked by GE.. And GE have now also submitted a Part 20 Counterclaim against the ex sales rep in an attempt to pass the buck directly onto the sales rep who was working under their guidance and terms and conditions.

At least with being allocated to Fast Track GE will have to fully disclose all the information that I have requested which of course will be made public etc, And today I have also agreed with one of the National Papers for them to have Exclusive rights to the full story, I am in the middle of copying all of the correspondence etc relating to my Complaint and Claim to pass onto the Newspaper for their Legal Guys to look at and so that they have every piece of Information that they need.

Ian

Ian

I took a look at the Fraud Act 2006. I'm not convinced that it it is irrelevant.

My angle would be to apply it to anything written in denial to you since the either 15th January 2007/8th November 2006, depending on the section.

(The Fraud Act 2006 (Commencement) Order 2006 - This Order brings into force on 15th January 2007 sections 1 to 14 of and Schedules 1 to 3 to the Fraud Act 2006. Sections 15 and 16 came into force on Royal Assent on 8th November 2006).

What they have represented to you (since 15/01/02007) may be criminal if it is deliberately aimed at unlawfully (or illegally) keeping your money.

I am waiting for the 'It doesn't apply postings', but I still remain unconvinced.

2 Fraud by false representation

(1) A person is in breach of this section if he—

(a) dishonestly makes a false representation, and

(b) intends, by making the representation—

(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

(2) A representation is false if—

(a) it is untrue or misleading, and

(b) the person making it knows that it is, or might be, untrue or misleading.

(3) “Representation” means any representation as to fact or law, including a representation as to the state of mind of—

(a) the person making the representation, or

(b) any other person.

(4) A representation may be express or implied.

(5) For the purposes of this section a representation may be regarded as made if it (or anything implying it) is submitted in any form to any system or device designed to receive, convey or respond to communications (with or without human intervention).

3 Fraud by failing to disclose information

A person is in breach of this section if he— (a) dishonestly fails to disclose to another person information which he is under a legal duty to disclose, and (b) intends, by failing to disclose the information—

(i) to make a gain for himself or another, or

(ii) to cause loss to another or to expose another to a risk of loss.

An insurance contract is of the "Utmost Good Faith" - absolutely clean hands on both sides.

Can someone explain why it doesn't apply?

T.

Hi Todge,

Thanks very much for your input here, I think the reason that the Fraud act is not 100% relevant in my case was that I used it regarding statements made to me at the time of my Application which was back in 2003. That is the reason that I agreed to remove that section from my POC and the Judge seemed to agree with me. I just didnt want to provide them with any loopholes so to speak, Mind you I have enough other points to get them on.

They way that they have also enetered a Part 20 Defence has also slowed down the whole matter reaching a final hearing, Basically they have issued a Counterclaim against the sales rep in an attempt to get themselves out of any Legal Liabillity.

Ian

PS have sent you PM too Todge..

Ian

The counterclaim indicates that they feel some liability, and are looking to dump it on another party? Isn't the principle of agency something like 'he who does through another, does for himself'?

Possibly quite complex though, especially if the 'sales reps' (surely insurance agents/brokers??) have Professional Indemnity Insurance - their lawyers might have something to throw in the pot. The underlying Insurer(s) and their lawyers could well get drawn in as well. Messy.

I've not been posting too much about my own PPI claims on here, for much the same reason as yourself ;-)

The breakthrough will come.

T.

(PS: Got the PM - patience is a virtue .... )

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Reidnet,

Where you been you old charmer:D

I had visions of you locked in some shady hotel room under armed guards to keep you safe from GE hitmen.

I have had to ressurrect this thread from page 7 on the forum, that is dispicable. Don't let me see it there again:lol:

Hope you are well and things are good for you:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick Hello to let you all Know I am still around here fighting..lol

Well the latest news..

GE Have in fact issued a part 20 Counterclaim against the Sales rep, along with their defence. They are now trying to distance themselves from any wrong doing by trying to pass the full blame onto the sales rep.

What makes it Interesting is the way that they seem Hell Bent on getting my claim to court which is not in small claims now but open court. I dont think GE particularly care a toss if my claim against them wins as the sum involved is not that big (£4k), they are more interested in getting the Part 20 Counterclaim awarded in their favour. If they get away with this one then it will have huge Implications for any GE Staff or sales reps.

I am along with some others still working hard in the background on this matter and continuining the Fight with GE Money.

Well better get going again for now, Have some more letters etc to get finished off.

Ian

That's really good news Reidnet!

I thought that once GE got the case allocated to the Fast Track that would be it.

You've obviously got balls...

Best of British,

Tony

:)

Pre CAG:

Intelligent Finance - Judgement in default, settled in full 13/09/06 (£690.17)

Cooperative Bank - Full out of court settlement 12/12/06 (£2426.50)

Settled after first LBA - now that's what I call cooperative!

Since Join CAG:

BarclayCard - Full settlement including court fees, interest and cost! 29/03/06 (763.93)

It only took 6 months!

Hi Ian.

Glad to hear your doing ok, just wanted to let you know G E have also told me that it's the sales rep I should be having my dealing with as it was initally him who set the Loan up. This of course is a load of baloney.

Do you think I should ring the sales Rep and tell him whats going on?

We WILL win in the end

Lv Lyn

Thanks Buggerlugs.. Well I did think long and hard about the fast track.. but someone has to stand up to this Mob.. With what is also going on in the background and what I am now working on might get to them in the end.. well at least if Not Im sure a hell of a lot of people will be made aware of what kind of outfit they really are.

Lyn.. :p How are you doing ?.. I will send you some other stuff by PM.. Regarding GE and their tactics etc.. Just in case .. lol

Ian

Hi Ian.

Glad to hear your doing ok, just wanted to let you know G E have also told me that it's the sales rep I should be having my dealing with as it was initally him who set the Loan up. This of course is a load of baloney.

Do you think I should ring the sales Rep and tell him whats going on?

We WILL win in the end

Lv Lyn

Hi Lyn,

Did GE put that in writing, re contacting the sales rep ?, If they did can you please let me have a copy of it as soon as possible.. Tried calling your mobile but you must be at work.. I have someone who is very very Interested in that matter..:wink: .

If anyone else has had a similar response from GE telling them to take their complaint up with the individual sales rep Please contact me as soon as possible..

Ian

Just found the following Statement on one of GE Moneys Sites.. I was not sure where to post it, Landed up posting in here because I could not find the JOKES section...

General:

GE Money UK has a duty of care to our customers & we are committed to treating them fairly. We want to be recognised as being at the forefront of customer care within our industry and with this in mind we put our customers interests at the heart of what we do. We share a commitment to driving Treating Customers Fairly in our business with our regulator, the Financial Services Authority & have a programme in place to ensure that these principles are embedded throughout our culture and processes. We are striving to make sure that Treating Customers Fairly is the way of life at GE Money UK, & each and every employee has a responsibility for ensuring our customers are treated fairly.

MMM wonder when they are going to pass this information out to their employee's and especially to their so called Managers...:rolleyes:

Hi Ian

Considering that they are the worst of Low Life in the Finacial Industry they got a heck of a way to go, I say start with hearing and eye sight tests, then a full medical including the brains. OHH NOW YOUVE GOT ME STARTED.

Lynn X.

Just watching this one guys, as just about to start on a PPI claim/charges claim against G.E Money, Mind you when I took my loan out it was with I group who were later bought out by G.E group. Don'y know i that would cause a problem or not, but we will see.

good luck

go get em reidnet

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Hi Ian

Considering that they are the worst of Low Life in the Finacial Industry they got a heck of a way to go, I say start with hearing and eye sight tests, then a full medical including the brains. OHH NOW YOUVE GOT ME STARTED.

Lynn X.

OH Oh sorry Lyn..lol I can just see you running a mock with that big heavy cast iron fryin pan the day..lol

(Mental Note... Pack Hard hat for trip south in August..hopefully Lyn will be calm by then though..lol)

Ian