leondowd vs HSBC

leondowd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and gals, been browsing around for ages and thought Id post this to keep track of things..

Prelim letter sent, and ignored. 14 days later, the LBA has been sent off (and so far ignored!)

MCOL going in on 14th December if no offer is made. Almost hope no offer is made at this stage - if I understand it right, I can claim an extra 8% if it gets that far!

In addition to the 8% - you will also claim a daily interest rate based on the value of your claim, so the longer it takes, the more you get

Almost better than working for a living !!

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Woo hoo welcome to the family, good luck!

Babs x

Prelim sent to HSBC 10/10/2006 for £5035

no response :x

LBA sent 24/10/2006

no response :x

MCOL filed 10/11/2006 :eek:

MCOL issued 13/10/2006

HSBC acknowledged MCOL 17/11/2006

HSBC entered defence + case transferred 12/12/06 :mad:

FULL OFFER! Received today 14/12/06 :D

If I have been of assistance, please tip my scales but don't forget, this is only my personal opinion, I'm no legal eagle!

Please sign this petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

the LBA is the second scary letter LOL (Letter Before Action)

and MCOL is the "Money Claim On Line" tool offered by the court to enable you to file your claim :)

HSBC - £3217.59

02/11/2006 Prelim typed and ready to send! let the battle commence!

6/11/2006 Prelim letter and charge breakdown sent recorded delivery

7/11/2006 Prelim letter recieved by HSBC

20/11/2006 :LBA letter sent recorded delivery

4/12/2006 MCOL Filed

03/1/2007 Defense Entered :eek:

Jenny,

The timings are:-

Prelim - wait 14 days assuming thats what you said in it !

LBA - again 14 days.

Submit MCOL (assuming you don't get any response)

The defendant (the bank) has 14 days to acknowledge, and then 14 days to defend or satisfy, if they don't bother to even acknowledge, they get a straight 28 days from served date (usually 5 days after submission)

All dates are calendar days, not working !!

Good luck !!

Dec 2006 - Sucessfully recovered over £3k from HSBC with much help from CAG :-D

if you found this post helpful, please click my reputation, thank you

(The small print-my advice and opinions are my own, and are given freely and without predjudice or liability whatsoever)

Hi guys

Double checked my info last night, and the 14 days was up today! Ive just submitted the MCOL - I think I read somewhere of people sending a copy of the schedule to MCOL and another copy somewhere else straight away? I cant find anything - do I need to do this, or just sit and wait?

if you have filed today, in a couple of days you will receive notice of service. you could then send three copies of your breakdown to the court referencing your claim number on them.

you will probably soon receive an notice of acknowledgment with dg's intention to defend, this pushes the deadline for them to defend to 28 days from the service date (5 days after you file). on the acknoledgment will be a name and address for dg, at this point send them a copy of your breakdown including the 8% interest and court costs.

• 3 weeks later...

Just checked MCOL and it shows that they have entered a defence... Im frantically reading up on the AQ stage now, and think Ive got it sussed, but I think I remember a template of a letter to DG asking for a settlement before the AQ is filed to avoid the extra £100 charge, but cant seem to locate it.. is there one??

i don't remember seeing a letter like that. i usually advise a phone call to dg to open a little dialogue - asking if your breakdown of charges has been received and letting them know that you will be filing "soon", and were hoping to avoid the extra cost both to yourself and them. when your paperwork arrives in a couple of days - check to aq deadline and let us know when it is - i say don't file it until it is nearly due but some others advice differently. as for the aq advice read post number 4 on this thread:Crossley56 vs HSBC

Thanks for the reply, Ill post when the AQ arrives. I got home from work to find an offer letter from HSBC (not dg) for just shy of 200 pound less than my original claim. I would have accpeted this if I had been offered this at the outset, but when you add on the 8% and MCOL charges, I'll be sending off a rejection letter pronto!!

Havent received the AQ yet, just preparing my refusal letter.. is this ok? (its only really the last paragraph that I have added...)

Dear Mr Langdale

Thank you for your letter dated 10 January 2007

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totaling £1,455. I also request full payment of my costs so far (£120 for filing the claim) and interest on the charges, currently £398.77. Therefore, the total I am requesting to be returned to me is £1973.77. A full copy of the current breakdown is attached

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder

I note that HSBC intends to defend my claim and I am currently awaiting the documentation from the court, which I believe will include an allocation questionnaire. I intend to complete and return this within 10 working days. This will cost a further £100 to file, which I will also be adding to my claim.

I trust this clarifies my position

Iwill copy DG into this and send off, and the await the AQ...

OK.. just drafted a quick letter to DG to try and speed it up - is this ok? (dont want to be pushing it too hard!!) The copy of the letter is the same as above to HSBC (although I have changed it slightly as I have now received the AQ)..

In respect of the above claim, please find enclosed a copy of a letter in response to the partial offer from HSBC. I have also enclosed another copy of the schedule of charges.

Please note that if I do not receive a full offer of settlement before the Allocation Questionnaire is filed on the 24th January, I will have to incur an extra £100 costs which will be added to the current total claim of £1973.77.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address above

The AQ is not due back until the 30th, but I want to ensure it goes in on time (although i could take it down by hand on the 30th if push comes to shove.. ;)

[/font]