Amazon claiming they did not receive item ?

craigten
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1001 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Worth mentioning that, after having checked my emails, I asked via email to which Amazon entity I should name in legal proceedings and was advised:

With reference to your other concerns, you may direct any future correspondence regarding this matter to our Legal Department at the following address:
AEUc/o Amazon UK Services Ltd

Doubt this changes things?

I don't wish to derail this thread but I am totally confused and I'm seriously concerned that everybody is talking at cross-purposes to one another and that nobody is (quite literally!) on the same page.

This particular thread started off in June last year and seemed to be about the return to Amazon of a drinks bottle and an iPhone attachment that both went astray.  It then deteriorated into a discussion about how to get an SAR out of Amazon, and then went quiet for a long time.  The OP then started a separate thread which appeared to be about the return to Amazon of something entirely different - a drone - that also went missing.  After some further discussion the OP agreed to have the two threads merged.  (#95?)

So is this thread about a water bottle, an iPhone attchment and a drone, or just about a drone?  If it's just the drone, what happened to the missing iPhone attachment that was worth over £300?

I only started reading this thread (admittedly a couple of months ago) because I had a weird sense of deja vu about it.  That was because it was strangely similar to another thread from the OP (to which I had contributed) concerning the return of a thermal camera and an iPhone attachment to Amazon.  But apparently Amazon had only received one of the items (not clear which) plus a drinks bottle which the OP initially denied returning but subsequently agreed that they had.  (Or at least I think that is what happened, I note that this thread seems to have started off with an intentionally returned drinks bottle!).

In that thread I think(?) it was concluded that the OP had mixed up two returns labels and had mistakenly returned the water bottle instead of either the thermal camera or the iPhone attachment, but the thread never came to a conclusion.  In this thread, of course, the OP seems to have intentionally returned a water bottle, but it's not clear to me if a water bottle is still an issue in this thread or whether this thread is just about a drone.  (See why I'm confused?).  Perhaps that thread needs to be combined with this one?

There is also a third and very short "orphan" thread about returning items to Amazon.  I don't know if that should be part of this thread or not... 

There's also a fourth separate thread about Amazon closing the OP's account - presumably because of the amount of returns the OP makes if the Amazon defence posted above is anything to go by.

To cut to the chase, what is concening me (because I honestly cannot follow what has happened here and I don't see how a court would) is that the OP is putting themselves at a massive disadvantage against Amazon because there is so much confusion about what the OP has said has happened.  At least that is how it seems to me.

It also worries me that looking at the defence from Amazon, they seem to have a pretty comprehensive and clear understanding of all that has happened.  I'm afraid their version of events makes more sense to me than the OP's.

If the OP is discontinuing this claim and is starting again from scratch, perhaps they need to make sure they've got all their ducks in a row from the start?

(And apologies to the OP - I'm not seeking to be personally critical - I just think it needs to be clearer what you are claiming for in order to get the best advice from the forum.  The story is just far too muddled for me to follow...)

Edited by Manxman in exile

To clarify, this is the drone thread. 
You are quite right though, the confusion is all my fault. I used to be very organised and on top of my game in all areas but since I have had children, I have lost the ability to be so organised and prepared. Never thought it would happen. Sorry to all.

Edited by craigten

I never did anything about them. I wanted to resolve this one first, learn how the court claim process works* and do it again without having to trouble everyone on here. That is the plan, anyway....

*I did a few small claims courts years ago with the bank charges but that was a long, long time ago.

• Thanks 1