• Tweets

• Thanks dx for your kind words. I plan to renew my season ticket and write a new begging letter as following, can I ask for any suggestion about it?   Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,   Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.   I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.   I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.   Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.   I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.   I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.    Yours sincerely,
    • You did what??? You asked them to send you the documents that without them you had  a 100% ironclad win in Court. Why on earth would you do that? As it happens in this case, there is still enough mistakes in their PCNs and the NTH to have your case cancelled. Amd it may be that not sending those documents in the first place along with the ICO complaint and the letters from Alliance themselves which would confirm by the dates on the letters may be enough to cancel it anyway. I hope you have kept their letters as evidence? The chances are that Alliance will not actually take you to Court because of their errors but you never know.  You have made so much extra work for yourself in your WS if they decide to push their luck.though. Can you please post up their letter where they give the reason why I wasn't sent with the NTH.
    • I'm not sure that I fully agree with my site team colleague above.  My understanding is that there is nothing to stop you recording but it is strictly for your own personal use.   
    • I live in a student house, with 5 tenants, unihomes is our utilities provider, who we each have a direct debit set up with and have paid each bill every month. Two letters were sent in my name by BWLegal saying I had two outstanding payments due adding up to over £3500, I have tried to contact british gas (as that is apparently our houses provider) as well as Unihomes. Nothing has helped and BWlegal are pursuing legal action if these debts are not resolved by the 1st May. What do I do? I've called Bwlegal when i bring up that the debt isnt for me and for unihomes they hang up on me. so I am stressed and do not know what to do
    • cant do either if its not in a public place or on your land. dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Backdoor £4k CCJ OPS/(GS Carpark)/QDR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, of course, best of luck.

The judge will be interested in the three points above, so those are the ones to practise before the hearing.

1.  You couldn't defend because you never got the PCNs or the court papers.

2.  You think you can successfully defend the case in court (your daughter wasn't the driver for example).

3.  The two-year delay is OPS's fault.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We got post from Dvla today,  they had all the information on the parking tickets we needed! 

Dates and location.  There hadn't been any physical tickets at the scene on these occasions. It makes no odds. 

We know now  it's best just to contact OPS to pay the costs.

There was also a letter from the courts 

With a date for the 29th April to be heard at the Magistrates Court.  

The imminent hearing date somewhat changes things.

Did you pay £275 to apply for set aside?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

23 minutes ago, Impressmum said:

With a date for the 29th April to be heard at the Magistrates Court.

no it does not say that 

speculative invoices are NOT CRIMINAL so cant be a magistrates court.

scan it up please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Court letter

Court letter.pdf

1 hour ago, FTMDave said:

The imminent hearing date somewhat changes things.

Did you pay £275 to apply for set aside?

We did not pay this fee we only paid £20 

Sorry no £14 was paid at the County Court.  I just checked my bank account 

Cross referencing  the dvla reference numbers for OPS  and the email that was sent from back in 2021 with the list of reference  numbers do not match up . 

oh yea sorry i forgot you'd had a writ issued

it will be granted and then its transferred back to your local court for a later hearing.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, it didn't click with me either that this wasn't just a standard set aside application.

Methinks it can't harm the OP to redo the SAR from scratch - this time including I.D. so the fleecers can't use lack of I.D. as an excuse not to reply, keeping a copy of the SAR and also keeping the free Certificate of Posting.

Getting copies of the PCNs won't excuse the two-year delay, but might at least help in seeing what the accusations are and if they can be defended, point (2) above.

• Like 1

We called the solicitors today Qdr - 

We asked why they hadn't contacted us direct.?

They have confirmed having my daughters contact number and email address on file. 

We asked why when we asked for proof it wasn't sent out? 

We asked why this court enforcement landed on our doorstep?

As if they had provided us with the relevant documents that Dvla have given us, which is information of the vehicle and not just reference numbers this matter could have been dealt with years ago. 

We have asked this to be looked into since all calls are recorded as per the advisor making us aware.

We asked they looked into the calls from when we contacted them 2 years ago asking for evidence and why it wasn't sent?

I've asked this to be raised as a formal complaint.

We've also spoken about the payment and if the payment was made in full ?

What happens with the ccj?

Are they able to remove this from the credit file.?

They OPS  have asked for a little time to complete the above and come back to us!

I said we will give them a week and call back. 

and we asked you to do that?

we already know it is totally pointless ever to phone scammers or their dogs

they always deceive and procrastinate to gain info upon how best to counter your defence/set a side etc. etc.

they now know you have not a clue what you are doing and will be an easy walkover.

please always check here first before you do anything, even if it means you get told off for not getting any question answers we wanted.

• Thanks 1

and they

The girl who took the call didn't quite know what to do in the conversation at all. She kept putting us on hold to ask questions and come back to us. 

I mean it took a whole day of attempting to call then arranging a call back to do this

The dvla pages show my daughter breached the terms and conditions of ops parking in the paperwork. 

This is what it shows. 🙈🤐  Whether this is because the tickets have ran out and the time had gone over ? I don't know?  

Shows dates of occurring and when it was requested  it also shows when this was requested by the enforcement notice people back in January!!  

still no real reason to phone.

are you going to scan up all this DVLA info?

dx

and they

11 hours ago, Impressmum said:

I said we will give them a week and call back.

They'll be wetting themselves no doubt.

This is the company who fitted your daughter up for four grand, refused to respect their legal responsibilities in response to the SAR, and then took advantage of your mistakes to lie and to pretend to have never received it.

I'm sure they will get their act together in the next week after your ultimatum 🤣

You recorded the call of course.

We don't write this to be nasty, but to point out that you need to have evidence to show to a judge - and you have nothing.  You continue to trust these parasites - as dx and Nicky Boy say they just take advantage of your naivety.

At least get a proper SAR sent off as I suggested five posts above.  It might turn out to be a waste of time.  But it can't harm you and might release information for a later hearing.

Edited by FTMDave
OTT post from me toned down

thats an sar to QDR required here now.

their call logs regarding what was said today would be invaluable..and almost pit OPS against QDR?

was not the other suggested SAR to OPS?

if the two dont match on certain information surely that almost total curtains to everything as it proves one or the other is/was/has lied and poss to the court regarding docs/statements already produced???

just musing.......

dx

and they

Confused again!

You say the DVLA info was only requested back in January. (This year?)

If so, how did they launch a claim against you two years ago??!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

dx is spot on.

SARs to both OPS and QDR today.  Both sent with your daughter's name on.  Both with I.D. included.  Copies kept of both.  Two free Certificates of Posting obtained - and kept.

This is your only hope.

2 hours ago, Nicky Boy said:

Confused again!

You say the DVLA info was only requested back in January. (This year?)

If so, how did they launch a claim against you two years ago??!!

I think the OP is referring to a request to the DVLA made by herself to find out who had been accessing her data.

This was suggested by LFI in post 16.

The idea was to get this info for help in the set aside application and ultimately to defend the fleecers' claim.

I think initially the DVLA didn't reply and the OP decided to do nothing about that, to not to apply for set aside and to simply defy the court order.  A terrible decision.

Now the OP has jumped into gear.

We need to see this info.

• Thanks 1

Apologies for the late response. Grandparent's duties called.  

None of the dates are in order as you see and these references in the columns  are not the same as what was sent in the the single email to us from OPS on 2021 with parking tickets numbers on 

dvla.pdf

This is further bad news.

The fleecers are supposed to apply to the DVLA for the keeper's details for every "offence" and not just rely on past applications, otherwise someone could sell the car and the new owner would be wrongly pursued.  Often they are too lazy to do this.  But it seems sadly they have here.

I make it 15 OPS tickets.  Remind us how many tickets you are being sued for?

If you don't have that figure, remind us of the exact amount of the judgement against you.

Edited by FTMDave
Mistake rectified

Dave,

The odd one you've spotted looks like a Court Enforcement enquiry rather than a PPC enquiry?

Checking to see whether the car was still owned and could be seized during enforcement?

Edited by Nicky Boy

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

You're right Nicky Boy, apologies.  Your spotting skills are much better than mine!

I've edited my post.

Edited by FTMDave
Extra info added

Looks like 18 requests to DVLA from OPS, and one from the Bailiffs.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

pdf done

and they

I make 15.

10/04/2018   12/03/2018   118
08/06/2018   04/06/2018   781
09/10/2018   05/10/2018   864
25/02/2019   21/02/2019   245
25/03/2019   21/03/2019   490
04/04/2019   31/03/2019   209
08/04/2019   03/04/2019   497
08/04/2019   02/04/2019   478
23/04/2019   18/04/2019   473
28/05/2019   23/05/2019   776
28/05/2019   24/05/2019   827
12/06/2018   06/06/2018   554
14/06/2019   10/06/2019   930
18/06/2019   14/06/2019   418
24/06/2019   20/06/2019   821

I've included the last three digits of every DVLA reference number.

Perhaps the OP could confirm and answer the questions above re the judgment.

Plus confirm that SARs have been sent to OPS and QDR as dx suggested.

Hi everyone.  

Sorry for the late response.  There was a total of 23 references in total. I just didn't  end up uploading the final page. 

SARS have been sent in writing with proof of postage to OPS and Qdr as next day post. 

That explains it then.

The individual invoices were for £100.  But the fleecers have unilaterally added £60 Unicorn Food tax, so £160.  £160 x 23 = £3680.

£3680 + £205 claim fee = £3885.

Add interest and legal representatives' costs and you get to four grand.

It's going to take a hell of a lot to explain away 23 tickets.