EDF Energy - account in debit?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning All,

hope you had a Merry Christmas!

just looking for some advice here. I was an EDF customer until October 2019. On the day where I changed supplier, I was changing supplier on I believe OCT 19th 2019, and was told it moves over at midnight. Prior to the change I had my smartmeter changed twice by EDF due to a fault with fitting the new one etc a couple of weeks apart. This was completed 2 months before leaving, however the smart function didn’t work correctly.

I stayed up till midnight of the date of change and snapped a photo of my meters with the reads ready for to help with  the change over. EDF and Scottish Power initially took along time to sort my final bill as EDF has estimated incorrectly etc. In the end to involve someone from the high level complaints at EDF. I sent him the photos and he compared with the meter notes etc and generated my final bill. - I had a small refund.

I remained with Scottish power from October till June when we moved house. Sorted reads - took photos again and Scottish power was happy and we parted company.

late Christmas Eve I received an email from EDF saying my account was £132 in debit, it gives my old account number and a link to view my bill. I’ve tried to load it to see where they have got this number from but account doesn’t exist, and can’t login. I have forwarded the email to the guy i dealt with in October 2019. My only worry is them attaching something on to my credit file.

can’t understand why they have sent me a bill when my final bill was generated and proof (date stamp) photos were sent for the midnight change over.

am I liable for this, or could it just be an error?

thanks 

Start off by sending them an SAR.  Send one to SP as well

Could this be a sc*m email ?

Why would they suddenly send an email on Christmas Eve ?  Staff are getting ready to go home for Christmas and are unlikely to be dealing with old account debts.

Sounds a bit odd to me.

If EDF issued you with a refund. unlikely there would be a bill outstanding with them.

Send the SAR to EDF as Bankfodder has advised.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

1 hour ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Could this be a sc*m email ?

Why would they suddenly send an email on Christmas Eve ?  Staff are getting ready to go home for Christmas and are unlikely to be dealing with old account debts.

Sounds a bit odd to me.

If EDF issued you with a refund. unlikely there would be a bill outstanding with them.

Send the SAR to EDF as Bankfodder has advised.

Nah definitely an EDF email addy. Checked to make sure it wasn’t a scam. 

Like you said, final bill was issued. So that’s it i thought. I’m thinking perhaps they have buggered up again? If so and they miscalculated my final bill and gave me the refund despite providing all the evidence, what happens then? Especially as it’s over a year. 

In terms of the SAR is there still a £10 fee or has that been removed these days? Might wait till next week to see if that guy responds before sending off the SAR.

Edited by flexeh

nope free

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - I contacted the person who dealt with my account when I left. Hes left the business now but someone responded on his behalf.

the answer from someone who picked up my email was " I have had a look at your account and there was some maintenance on there and the bill was sent in error. I do apologise for this. Therefore please be rest assured, there is no balance outstanding."

wonder how many people get an erroneous bill like this and pay.