The sub-postmasters scandal

Posted (edited)

so it seems it is Badenough who is the one 'misrepresenting' the facts

Isnt that misleading parliament? by badenouch and Reid - no doubt to be  ignored by Sunak

Although they will probably throw reid in front of the bus .. before badenoch - if they dare - be interesting to hear his more honest revelations when they do ... unless he gets a seat in the house of lords perhaps ..

Again if Sunak dare given they both seem to have lied to a parliamentary comittee

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • I agree 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Posted (edited)

Staring into crystal ball:

Reid: I didn't actual try to resign, I just threatened to a few times and machinated to get rid of anyone in the way. After all I deserved at least a few % of the monies I saved the guv by delaying for years payments to people who I believe are criminals even if just for trying to cost me and the guv money and credibility

Badenoch: Reid assured me that what I was saying was true, and I had no reason to disbelieve the head of a world renowned, trusted and honest british institution.

Staunton:  All this sounds very familiar

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

This afternoon's Law in Action with Joshua Rozenberg has Jo Hamilton, the SPM whose conviction was overturned, Richard Moorhead who's on the board of the Horizon compensation scheme and members of the legal profession.

They will be talking about the role of lawyers in the PO scandal. BBC Radio 4 at 4pm.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

What part did lawyers play in the Post Office miscarriage of justice?

Illegitimi non carborundum

COMMITTEES.PARLIAMENT.UK

staunton.pdf

• Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

PO lawyers been paid more than the SPM's haven't they?

The more that comes out, the more I think there should be prosecutions of the people like Reid and Vennells - although of course that would drag out the involvement of government officials

bet those involved are hoping that a ge (unlike trump - even a loss) will draw a line under their apparent criminality - labour needs to ensure that abuse in public office is punished - and if they are frightened it might apply to them at the next change of government ... GOOD

The Tory Legacy

There was a figure in an article the other, I think I posted it, that said PO has spent twice as much on legal costs as it has on compensation.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a lot of this is from trying to argue against cases they shouldn't have been fighting, to 'protect the PO brand'.

• I agree 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

For those who haven't seen - and while we wait for Vennell and the lawyers conviction and hopefully significant custodial sentences

The Tory Legacy

Are the shortfalls still happening?  Ooh yes

A freedom of information (FOI) request for data on current subpostmaster accounts has revealed that more than 2,000 branch accounts balanced short at the end of December 2023. Of these, 314 were over £10,000 in deficit of the figure showing on the Horizon system, 191 were between £5,000 and £10,000 short of balancing, 688 had a shortfall of between £1,000 and £5,000, and 890 were up to £1,000 short. The FOI data also revealed that 344 accounts were in surplus of the balance expected on the Horizon system.

no sub link

NEWSITN.COM

Current figures on subpostmaster accounting shortfalls put into perspective the Post Office’s “staggering mismanagement” of...

• Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

lets not forget that this would ONLY appear to need to be implemented due to

1. The massive delays in avoiding and even actively obstructing the truth over years (ongoing)

2. The seemingly corrupt and dishonest actions of the PO and Fujitsu representatives in court over years (ongoing)

3. There was a widely seen docu-drama about this and its an election year

The Tory Legacy

Just a reminder of this.. with the question of who the flick in our government tests and accepts this garbage on behalf of the British people

The Home Office was alerted to problems with its faulty £71m IT system and the “awful” data it produces years ago and “just accepted” them, according to the UK’s former chief immigration inspector.

David Neal, sacked as the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration (ICIBI) in February, told i of his concerns about the department’s handling of its malfunctioning Atlas casework system, which has been causing serious delays and errors with asylum, citizenship and visa applications. 

The Tory Legacy

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Posted (edited)

Well, I'm no lawyer, but it seems the cabinet office are refusing to release the information on what the charitable work was that resulted - alongside her services to the post office - in her PUBLIC honour of a CBE, because they claim the justification for her PUBLIC honour is private and protected ..

WWW.WHATDOTHEYKNOW.COM

of course, the real reason is likely that there wasn't any, and they want to protect those promoting her for the award.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Sad 1

The Tory Legacy

Worth remembering what they will spend taxpayer money on ...

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Isnt there some indication in there of at least intent to inform arbuthnot? IF he wasn't then it would seem to be Vennells decision to keep him 'uninformed ..

Although seems to me if arbuthnot was unaware - he was either incompetent or should have very detailed records of denials.

Seems vennells is constantly at the core of all the lying about all these issues though.

The Tory Legacy

Time Vennells was dragged in in a 6am dawn raid for questioning along with other Post Office executives, that evidence shows at least conspiracy to pervert the course of justice as a starter.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I wonder if Government ministers were aware of there being issues with the Horizon system at the time prosecutions were taking place.  

And senior Post Office Management are relying on Government not wanting there to be criminal investigations that go too far. As those Ministers may be dragged into it. 

I find it difficult to believe that nobody in Government had knowledge at the time of remote access and poor robustness of Horizons accounts systems.

• I agree 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread