Cabot and old Aqua card debt - keep wanting me to increase payments now letter of claim

yesilgozlerim

Pre Action Protocol response is 30 days

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yes but you didn't refer to a CCA request in your post CCA= 14  PAP =30

Is it 14 days I need to wait for a response ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

if cabot fail the 12+2 working days response to the CCA then one of the things you can do is to stop payments (if you were paying) until they comply.

as for your LOC reply to them.

yours is not the next move.

if cabot want to do court you will get a claimform pack from northants bulk court

but cabot wont get far without an enforceable CCA and other paperwork like the default notice

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I didn’t pay anything since May 2022 according to their statement the solicitor send me, so I checked with the bank. 

Last payment was for £14.00 on 3rd May2022.

I did set up to pay £1.00 a month in December 2022 to start jan 2023,  but you told me to not be a cash cow so I didn’t make any payments hence now they’re pushing for a CCJ 

since the debt comes statue barred in June I’m hoping they don’t have the paperwork on them that would make it enforceable. 

:cheer2:

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Every single time I have sent a CCA request, (that's a lot of times), I've had a letter back saying ' Your account is now on hold while we look for the correct documents' The amount of time it's taken has varied from 6 months to never. Not once have I been sent a claimform for any debt that I have requested a CCA for.

The last debt I had with Cabot, I CCA'd them in 2017, and got something back off them 6 months later. Strangely I never heard from them again, and it went Statute Barred a couple of years ago.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

they actually have 6yrs from the registered defaulted date on your credit file. or last payment date , whichever is the later

do not move without ever informing the owners of any debt you last used/paid within say 7yrs

protect against a backdoor ccj.

dx

and they

but you were paying until recent 

so the 6yrs runs from then.

dx

and they

On 13/04/2023 at 22:15, dx100uk said:

they actually have 6yrs from the registered defaulted date on your credit file. or last payment date , whichever is the later

do not move without ever informing the owners of any debt you last used/paid within say 7yrs

protect against a backdoor ccj.

dx

thats is the SB date.

but no!

a debt dropping of a credit file does not mean it is necessarily statute barred no.

as in your case above you paid until much later.

and they

proof of posting date. your have that?

they have 6yrs from your last payment to do 'something'

simply do not move without telling them.

yours is not the next move.

dx

and they

no cca = no pay...end of.. they'll have zilch or why did aqua not take you to court and crush you eh?

dx

and they

Yup, I would say for the price of a first class stamp, you've likely stopped this dead in it's tracks.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

The claim is going nowhere, all stopped for the price of a stamp.  As for selling on the debt, just keep opening your mail, but likely there won't ever be a CCA. If they come up with anything, run it by us.

• 3 weeks later...

today I received a letter from Mortimer Clark and not yet Cabot 

it says a bit about the debt- credit agreement entered Sep 2013, and terminated on 27th June 2017 and the bore agreement number xxxxxx

the debt was then assigned to Cabot.

Your dispute - 

we understand you are disputing stating the claimant has failed to previously ignored legal requests and failed to supply documentation.

Going forward-

we assure you that we will be conducting a thorough investigation into your concerns which may include contacting the original lender to obtain further information and liaising with other departments. 

in the meantime your account will be placed on hold.

We would be grateful if you could supply us with any further information that you feel could assist our investigations 😂

Still nothing from Cabot even though I believe  MC are their in-house solicitors.