Cabot and old Aqua card debt - keep wanting me to increase payments now letter of claim

yesilgozlerim

• 2 weeks later...

you're learning.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Ignore emails totally like calls/texts.

Only thing that matters is a letter of claim by post, which Moorcroft can't send.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Moorcroft don't own the debt.

Put it to you this way.

You owe Steve £100, Steve can ask his best mate Barry to hassle you for the money. Barry bothers you by ringing your phone, sending threatening letters (oh, scary!) and filling your email with junk. Barry might even turn up at your door and demand that you pay. You rightly (and politely) tell Barry to buzz off.

Barry can not take you to court, as you do not owe Barry, you owe Steve. Steve, however, CAN take you to court, should he so wish. If a third player, Mick, paid Steve £20 to settle the debt on Steve's end, Mick could try to take you to court for the full £100. It's unlikely though that Mick could win. So instead, Mick gets Barry to chase you on his behalf.

In this instance, Steve is Aqua, Mick is Cabot and Barry is Moorcroft.

Eventually, Barry will give up and Mick *might*  take his chances and take you to court. However, Mick likely will make loads of errors or be missing paperwork that you can then exploit in your defence. 

Get what I'm saying?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Yeah I get it. 

I just re-read the only letter I have received from Moorcroft who say my details have been passed on to them from Cabot on Cabot’s behalf and are now dealing with my account.

Cabot already tried with their own in-house solicitors, and  didn’t get anywhere court wise ….so makes sense they pass it on to someone else to try for them  … these will also fail too …

There’s no paperwork except a statement of  last payments from 2022- and that’s clear as Cabot acknowledged my CCA request in July 2023( even though I sent it in April 2023)  last and never came through with anything. 

I used to be scared if these people but thanks to this site, and the outstanding knowledge on it, I no longer am.

so I thank each and every one of you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...