Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Hi BankFodder, thanks for the reply. The firm was T B Plastering & Decorating in Callington, Cornwall.  They have a facebook page which I can't link. We have already sought the advice of a second plasterer. He has seen the work, conrfirmed its way out of any NHBC tolerance and well below the standard of any professional plasterer. We are currently awaiting his quote to remedy the awful quality work, but he has said it will definately involve ripping out and re-boarding two entire window reveals, moving two door frames outwards, possibly new fire-rated cement boards in the fireplace if I cant chip off the non-compliant rubbish which was put on there, and knocking off several blown corners and bodged internal corners. He also confirmed that the whole lot was plastered in one thick coat, rather than two thin skims as normal. This means that as it continues to dry, more cracks will appear as the outer face dries faster than the inner face. Indeed, cracks are still appearing one week on. When I confronted the original plasterer, I gave him several opportunities to get the work sorted, but he just stood there looking shocked saying "What do you want me to do?"  When I replied "I'm not a plasterer, what do you think you can you do?", he just repeated over and over "It's within tolerance, what do you want me to do?" It was clearly going nowhere, so at that point I invited him and his labourer to leave.  
    • negotiate a token payment its already defaulted so will vanish from your file on the DN's 6th b'day. then revise. dx  
    • I owe Nationwide 6K for a credit card that defaulted last year. The debt has just been passed to ARC (Europe) Ltd to collect on nationwide’s behalf. I opened the credit card in 2005 I suspect that Nationwide will not have the credit agreement. I am currently unemployed and likely to stay that way for a while. I have no assets/property/savings. Should I: 1. CCA Nationwide now 2. Stop making payments and wait for letter of claim then CCA nationwide 3. Make token payments for a while in the hope that they sell the debt on and then do 2 4. Something else Thanks in advance for any help. OC: Nationwide DC: ARC (Europe) Ltd Account opened: 2005 Amount owing: 6k Default date: Sept 2023 Date of last payment: Jan 2024
    • That's sounds good to me No news today, I think the returns case times out tomorrow or at midnight tonight. It says I have until today to come to a resolution with the buyer. After that the matter can be escalated. So could be that it's midnight tonight. But no news at the moment
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Cabot and old Aqua Card Debt - will they go for a CCJ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi everyone 👋


New to this site and just wondering if anyone can offer me any advice 🙏


Cabot have been on my credit file for a while for an old credit card debt (think Aqua). I have over this time received various emails and i have ignored them all 🙈


I think i was hoping that it would just go away especially as the default date showing on my credit file is 31 December 2018 however i have today received an email that says if i don't respond within 26 days they will look to pass it to a Solicitor to obtain a CCJ. 


What should i do? 


Grateful for any advice anyone can give. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • dx100uk changed the title to Cabot and old Aqua Card Debt - will they go for a CCJ?

ignore emails totally

you should never use/give email/phone/txt to a DCA. bloch and ignore all of them,.


DCA's are totally powerless and are not bailiffs 


have you moved since taking the card out an never informed Aqua (newday?) nor the debt buyer/dca owner of your correct and current address??



  • Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have definitely never communicated with Cabot. They may have written to me and i have filed it in the bin; I can't be 100% sure. 


Not moved so Aqua always had my correct address. 


My only concern is if they do go for a CCJ i don't have the means to pay and not sure what my defense would be (i did take out the card and not pay it back). I just hoped it'd have pushed to the 6 year and vanished into the ether 🙈 i really don't want a CCJ but nor do i really want to pay these bottom feeders but if that is only way to stop action i guess i'd have to? 🤷‍♀️


I appreciate your response. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

woa slow down...


who say you've gotta pay them and it will ever go near a courtroom door...very very remote and they have no more powers than you or i to raise a speculative claim if we think someone owes us money.


they also have to abide by the pre action protocol and send a letter of claim FIRST.


till they ever do that BY ROYAL MAIL. simply ignore them.


block/bounce all their email addresses so you dont get free harassment from them too.


plenty of cabot card threads to read here.







  • Thanks 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Going to follow this one, have dealt with Cabot before.


1. Don't throw anything away, file it all in date order including the envelope. Gather any remaining material you have from the original debt, bills, letters etc and also add it to the file.


2. Don't reply to emails, just file them in an email folder on your computer


3. Don't answer the phone to them.  If they call from a different number put the phone down and add that number to the list of Cabot numbers on your phone.


4. Don't worry about any contact you have from other Debt Collecting Companies they may pass the debt onto for a chase.   They have zero standing.  They are good at using their letters and techniques to play phycological games but it is like Tennis, if they hit a ball over the net at you don't hit it back.  They will be in for a doodoo game then!


5. DO advise them of any change of address so they don't send Court papers or important correspondence to an old address.


6. DO get back on here if you receive a letter before action.


7. DO (Optional).  Might be worth doing a Subject Access Request to Aqua to see what data they hold about you.  Would reveal stuff that might be useful later such as default date (helps to calculate the statutory Bar date) and other things. 


Nothing nasty can happen until AFTER they have successfully won a County Court Claim, which is usually very very hard work for them and mostly impossible if you follow the advice here.


I have benefited from loads of advice from here and like to add my own from experience to help others.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...