• Tweets

• Please see my comments on your post in red
    • Thanks for your reply, I have another 3 weeks before the notice ends. I'm also concerned because the property has detoriated since I've been here due to mould, damp and rusting (which I've never seen in a property before) rusty hinges and other damage to the front door caused by damp and mould, I'm concerned they could try and charge me for damages? As long as you've documented and reported this previously you'll have a right to challenge any costs. There was no inventory when I moved in, I also didn't have to pay a deposit. Do an inventory when you move out as proof of the property's condition as you leave it. I've also been told that if I leave before a possession order is given I would be deemed intentionally homeless, is this true? If you leave, yes. However, Your local council has a legal obligation to ensure you won't be left homeless as soon as you get the notice. As stated before, you don't have to leave when the notice expires if you haven't got somewhere else to go. Just keep paying your rent as normal. Your tenancy doesn't legally end until a possession warrant is executed against you or you leave and hand the keys back. My daughter doesn't live with me, I'd likely have medical priority as I have health issues and I'm on pip etc. Contact the council and make them aware then.      
    • extension? you mean enforcement. after 6yrs its very rare for a judge to allow enforcement. it wont have been sold on, just passed around the various differing trading names the claimant uses.    
    • You believe you have cast iron evidence. However, all they’d have to do to oppose a request for summary judgment is to say “we will be putting forward our own evidence and the evidence from both parties needs to be heard and assessed by a judge” : the bar for summary judgment is set quite high! You believe they don't have evidence but that on its own doesn't mean they wouldn't try! so, its a high risk strategy that leaves you on the hook for their costs if it doesn't work. Let the usual process play out.
    • Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject. My original CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them. Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds tsb have filed a defence ***WON***

jo1006
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to put...SCM seem to be ticking no on AQ to buy them more ridiculous time by the looks of things on other threads but they are still paying up in the end despite ticking this box, just eases pressure of them it seems.

Another good reason to get a copy of their AQ, so you know what rubbish they put on theirs.

11/08/06 Data info requested

03/10/06 Statement copies received

11/10/06 Letter sent asking for charges to be refunded

19/10/06 Standard no received

21/10/06 Amended letter sent asking for charges to be refunded

27/10/06 Standard no received

04/11/06 LBA sent

18/11/06 MCOL filed

20/11/06 Claim issued

30/11/06 Claim acknowledged

11/12/06 Defence entered

14/11/06 AQ + defence received

17/12/2006 AQ returned

19/12/2006 Copy of their AQ received

04/01/07 Claim stayed - inadequate POC

08/01/07 POC sent

16/01/07 Claim stayed awaiting another test case

23/03/07 allocation hearing set for 17th April

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your words of encouragement. We too have read loads of threads but sometimes it seems that all the words mesh together!!:o

As for buying more time. We continue to wait....patiently.

We will have a good (if somewhat skint)Christmas, and the same to you.

Jo and Mick

just read a previous post where you say you are unsure about settling in relation to the conditions they may put forward e.g. silencing you about the case.

I was worried about this too and found loads of threads, lord knows where so dont ask!, where people have said no to conditions and settlement seems to have taken a week or so more to come through than those who agreed to them, but has always come through.

Personally I am going to choose not to accept conditions if asked (if i win which I am determined to do!) but its upto you really, depending on whether you are desperate for the cash or can hold out a couple more weeks. Hope that helped you on that one, sorry im posting loadsa threads, i keep reading more to reply to!!

04/11/06 LBA sent

18/11/06 MCOL filed

20/11/06 Claim issued

11/12/06 Defence entered

17/12/2006 AQ returned

08/01/07 POC sent

Thanks Gary,

you deserve a medal the size of a dustbin lid to put up with us and our worries, but you have been the greatest support we could have wished for. When we feel worried, you reassure us. When we are unsure, you guide us. WHEN we win, it will be partly down to your fantastic advice and guidance. We really resent being referred to as losers, we are far from that, but you just support and give constructive advice, not put us down and make us feel worthless. (were you a schoolteacher in a previous life?)

Thanks again, we will keep you posted.

Jo and Mick:):)

Schoolteacher?:D Doubt it! I've been the bane of many a teachers life. I was the kid at school who gave them all nervous breakdowns!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Personally I am going to choose not to accept conditions if asked (if i win which I am determined to do!) but its upto you really, depending on whether you are desperate for the cash or can hold out a couple more weeks

Got one for that too:

Date

Dear Whoever

Ref: Your Offer of Settlement

Account: xxxxxxxx

Sort Code xx-xx-xx

Claim No: XXXXX in XXXX County Court

I acknowledge receipt of your letter date xx/xx/xx and your settlement offer of £XXX

I accept your offer as full and final settlement for this claim of bank charges

I accept this offer without prejudice and I reserve the right to make any further claims should you apply future charges that may be considered unlawful under common law or in violation of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 or Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.

I will be willing to withdraw my claim upon receipt of unconditional full settlement of my claim.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentially clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust that you will find this arrangement acceptable.

Yours Sincerely

• Haha 1

Just read through Freebirds link. OMG what a rollercoaster journey she went through, but an excellent result in the end.

We just have a couple of questions..should we be contacting [problem] or waiting for a court date? Will they contact us?

No, just wait now. Next you'll get a court date and directions. Again, this is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Upon the directions, you'll then have to submit your court bundle.

Will it show willing on our part if we contact them to offer an opportunity to settle out of court or shoudl we just sit tight?

I would'nt recommend it personally. It almost certainly won't get you your settlement any quicker and could even imply that you're not confidant in the strength of your claim.

Also, Barty, you posted saying that [problem]'s new tact is to tick the no box when asking for time to settle..do you have any idea why or what it means?

Nothing to worry about. This is probably as a result of the letter I was recommending people to send to them and the court after they ticked yes on their AQ. It showed up their abuse of the system, as they were asking for a month to settle then not even making contact. In practise, the fact that they do not request the month any more makes no difference whatsoever.

Will we just get a court date soon and should we then contact the solicitors?

Yes you will, no you should'nt - apart from by sending them your court bundle.

If Lloyds TSB do make an offer, do we have to accept it into our LTSB account, bearing in mind that they have defaulted it and are threatening to pass it over to the heavy mob to collect from our kneecaps:-o

You can request a cheque, but they may not take any notice and pay it straight into your account. I'm not sure what the position is legally for insisting on it, I'll try to find out.

Also folks, just a quick aside, LTSB continue to harrass us on a daily basis (over the telephone) to inform us that our account is over the agreed overdraft and threatening US with court action...how very dare they!! when its them set of conniving b****rds that have landed us in the sticky brown stuff in the first place.

Sorry all, but we really appreciate all the guidance and its a great forum for sounding off about the BIG guys who S**t on us little folks from a great height.

Any advice for all of the above, we would really appreciate it.

Mick and Jo:mad::-x

Yes, as MB's post. Also, this may be of use - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/29826-help-enforcement-notice.html. If they are threatening you with a debt collection agency or to close youy account then they are in breach of the banking code if they actually did.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Just to say thanks michael for the template!

04/11/06 LBA sent

18/11/06 MCOL filed

20/11/06 Claim issued

11/12/06 Defence entered

17/12/2006 AQ returned

08/01/07 POC sent

Hi All,

Middle of the night insomnia here!! Court bundle? What is that?

Also, thanks Gary, if you can find out about whether we can insist on a cheque, we would really appreciate it. If they pay it into our account (which is being handled by CCCS it wont do us any favours)

Also, can we insist on Lloyds TSB removing the default notice and cleaning up our credit file as originally stated in our LBA?

Going back to bed now, to try to sleep. Long busy day at work tomorrow.

Thanks again all.

Jo (and a sleeping Mick):rolleyes::-|

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

There is about a 50/50 chance of having to submit it I would say. If they have'nt settled before you do though, they will just after. The latest Lloyds settle is on the deadline for submitting their own evidance. In fact, they've never filed a bundle of evidance in one of these claims. I wonder why?;)

I've really got the bit between the teeth now. I have just drafted letters to Paragon Finance, Citifinancial, Mint, Capital One and 1st Credit for Mike and Egg for me, asking for list of charges etc. In 40 days and 40 nights we should be off again. Reading other threads, it looks like we'll settle some of these before the buggers at LTSB get their fingers out!!

Thanks all for your support.

Jo:):)

Just received my 'Acknowledgement of Service' letter today saying Lloyds intend to defend. I was a bit worried, but having read these threads I'll just keep going. Is there anything I should do now or do I just wait to hear from them.

Welcome to our thread Corken.

Keep your chin up!! We've been so damned supported from this amazing brave bunch of people and in turn, we will continue to support you. Keep us informed of your progress. We are all worried, fear of the unknown is expected. We are thinking of you...we will all overcome and have a damn big party in the end!!

We've also drafted a letter to Barclaycard..so much credit in so little time..what the effing hell were we thinking of!!!

Mick:o and Jo:(

Woohoo!!!!!!:D Thats more like it!! Good to see you've got the bit between your teeth again. Get Capitol one off ASAP - they pay more or less after the LBA. Egg are a bit tougher to crack(:rolleyes:) though.

About the cheque payment - ask for it by all means, but don't get your hopes up. I asked around, and the general concensus is that if you owe the bank money that they have a right to pay themselves first. I'm still not sure personally, I'm of the opinion that they took your money with no legal justification and so why should they dictate its method of repayment? Thats JMHO though. Apparently you can insist on the court fee's back directly though.

Hi y'all, I've just spent two hours reading loads of postings on your site and hats off to you!

Mick and Joe have inspired me to continue where I left off a few months ago.

I got to the Letter of Intent for Court Action and LTSB replied saying go ahead.:o

At that point I got scared and dropped it without further communication.

My question to you all is can I now continue the process or do I need to start again.?

I really don't want to see this bank get away with this and at some point, and it will come, they will just cave in and just pay everybody off!

:) :) Chin up Mick and Joe..I'm watching avidly!!

Lee

07/02/07 - statements requested :o

Hi y'all, I've just spent two hours reading loads of postings on your site and hats off to you!

Mick and Joe have inspired me to continue where I left off a few months ago.

I got to the Letter of Intent for Court Action and LTSB replied saying go ahead.:o

At that point I got scared and dropped it without further communication.

My question to you all is can I now continue the process or do I need to start again.?

I really don't want to see this bank get away with this and at some point, and it will come, they will just cave in and just pay everybody off!

:) :) Chin up Mick and Joe..I'm watching avidly!!

Hi Lee

Welcome to the Lloyds TSB forum:) You should start up your own thread then we can give you any help and support that you need.

Anyway to answer your questions, if it was several months ago that you send the LBA, I would send that again giving them 14 days to reply, and then begin the Court action.

It is unlikely that they will close your account, but maybe you should open another parachute account elsewhere, just in case.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Evening everyone,

I fear we have been neglecting our thread today, we've been decorating our little ones room so its nice for Santa!!

Hi Mat, welcome. Its great to see someone else from Hull, but Cott is a bit posher than Sutton!! The broom handle is a good idea for keeping our chin up tho'.

We wish LTSB would close our account, they threatened to about six weeks ago, but my guess is that they're keeping it open so's they can pay themselves and clear some of our overdraft.

Sent all the letters to the other companies today, hope they get in touch soon, we are expecting replies by 29th January.07.

After a good nights sleep, we are in fight mode now and will not let them get away with taking our hard earned brass!! So everyone who is thinking twice about carrying on...DONT think twice, get on with it..the banks etc, have stolen from you. If someone broke into your home and took your telly, you wouldnt take it lying down would you. No! The same with the banks, they are just a corporate bunch getting fat and gouty (is that a word!!) at our expense.

I only wish I could be the ghost of Christmas Future and pay the chief executive a visit on Christmas Eve. I'd make him shake in his jimjams. He'd be coming round to all our houses on Christmas day with cheques and turkeys for all!!!

Keep smiling folks...we are and its nothing to do with the Christmas booze!!

Jo and Mick:D:D

Hi all,

Well it's finally arrived.

D day is set for 10th Jan 2007 at 10.30,

just going to sit back and relax,and have a great xmas, now the final hurdle is in sight.

Anyone else got a date yet????

If this goes to plan then we've got another account to sort out, as well as all the credit cards - who knows this time next year we could be millionaires lol- seem to have heard that somewhere before.........

Mick & Jo;):):D

What, the court date is set for 10th Jan? The final hearing or a prelim one?

Hi Gary,

Sorry its set for the 30th not the 10th.

All it says is that the hearing of the claim is set for the above date, so not sure which one - will there be more than one???

Off now to do the wrapping - so have a great xmas

regards

Mick & Jo;):)