Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It seems that Track and Trace has been released without the mandatory DP impact assessment.

https://www.politico.eu/article/uk-test-trace-privacy-data-impact-assessement/

ETA: more on this from Matrix Chambers.

https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/news/legal-advice-on-smartphone-contact-tracing-published/

Illegitimi non carborundum

Yes HB they appear to be winging it,  needs investigating, they are ignoring the law as it suits.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

On 28/05/2020 at 12:19, tobyjugg2 said:

It seems handcock is now threatening to force the citizen tracking app on people if they dont do it willingly ..

You have a choice .. as long as yo make the one I want you to make.

Lead on handcock, johnson, cummings and Gove

Give us a report on how its working on your phones, and I'll consider it.

Wonder why sales of windows and symbian phones have boomed?

What if you are like me and have a basic phone where you only make calls/texts and send images.. and not able to download apps !! 

• Like 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

1 hour ago, citizenB said:

What if you are like me and have a basic phone where you only make calls/texts and send images.. and not able to download apps !! 

Let alone if you dont have a play account to download app ...

Been looking at Johnson claims re KingDom vs Others who had the integrity to resigned

Johnson said that KingDom didn't break social distancing and remained locked down for 14 days unlike ...

Neither of which are true of course as we know

All other things aside, He returned to Downing street after being with his sick wife for some time at his actual London home

and from Sky news

"Downing Street last month backed Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick, who travelled 150 miles from London to a property he owns in rural Herefordshire.

Days after chairing a government news conference in Westminster to reinforce the "stay at home" message, Mr Jenrick appeared on Sky News via video link from the seventeenth century manor house he owns in the hamlet of Eye.

This is despite the Nottinghamshire MP's website stating his family live 120 miles away in his constituency of Newark, as well as in London.

But the PM's official spokesman said the minister had set out his reasons for the journey and "we're confident he complied with the social distancing rules", adding Mr Jenrick, his wife and children consider their Herefordshire residence to be their family home."

so we see why he is so supportive of Johnson and Cummings ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

If people have a Feature Phone, Hancock is stuffed can't install, as won't be Android or IOS, so all those cheapo Alctel, Nokia and other candybar phones. can't use app.

He better as Data Loss Dido, she will probably suggest a  Bill Gates UID Chip be implanted.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

7 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

If people have a Feature Phone, Hancock is stuffed can't install, as won't be Android or IOS, so all those cheapo Alctel, Nokia and other candybar phones. can't use app.

He better as Data Loss Dido, she will probably suggest a  Bill Gates UID Chip be implanted.

Could you expand on this a bit please for phone technophobes? What's a feature phone?

old style basic phone, small display no touch screen

- my old Nokia symbian is one despite being a brilliant 'phone' still

Perhaps not a great example as my Nokia plays mp3s and obeys basic voice commands without any internet - a super old type phone

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

The reboot Nokia 3310, and any cheap phone that can do basic calls, text and might do 3G for limited internet. but can't download and run apps, usually has very small amount of Memory, might have a MicroSd card slot for a basic music player.

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Maybe you won't have large amounts of your data retained by various organisations for the next 20 years, CB.

😀  That's the plan HB :)

• Haha 1

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

anyway

Johnson said the testing would be at 200,000 a day by the end of this month

Anybody know how thats going given that half of even the fake figures have vanished?

I understand that rather than any 100,000 claimed (lies) figure, the largest daily number of people tested so far is about 80,000 -

and its commonly (10's of) thousands less than that ..

The Tory Legacy

• Like 1

BCOBS

5 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

I think TJ has the same plan as you, CB. :D

I have a number of options

One of my nokias to register with

Backup phone which has bluetooth power managed and app with access rights 'quarantined/Locked down'

As coronavirus related issues should be unless you are a SPAD or senior politician (I'm not either)

but favourite is simply dont install it.

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 2

The Tory Legacy

Warning -Technical:

https://crownstone.rocks/2020/05/06/bluetooth-for-proximity-detection

https://github.com/opentrace-community/opentrace-calibration/issues/2

and disappointing that privacy concerns appear NOT to be an issue:

"At Google Play we take our responsibility to provide accurate and relevant information for our users very seriously. For that reason, we are currently only approving apps that reference COVID-19 or related terms in their store listing if the app is published, commissioned, or authorized by an official government entity or public health organization, and the app does not contain any monetization mechanisms such as ads, in-app products, or in-app donations. This includes references in places such as the app title, description, release notes, or screenshots.

For more information visit https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2020/04/google-play-updates-and-information.html"

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

15 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

but favourite is simply dont install it.

Mine too as long as that remains an option but I fear a situation where it becomes compulsory if you want to use public transport, enter shopping centres, even access medical care such as dentists, opticians etc.  The government won't need to be seen as heavy handed if other sectors decide to put in their own rules.  I can afford to buy a (relatively) cheap phone to download the app onto and leave it at home unless it's needed.  Many can't possibly do that.

Anyone heard owt about even 'official claimed  total numbers of people tested ... which vanished

or any 'claims about hitting the 200,000 target of johnsons by tomorrow

let alone why Cummings lock down abuses' supporter Minister (Housing secretary)  Jenrick who can and has apparently moved between three homes throughout the lockdown:

* London

* Newark (his constituency)

* His the seventeenth century manor house rural Herefordshire? which to be his 'home' despite allegedly representing Newark in Notts

* Let alone travelling for over an hour to his parents house to 'deliver food to his starving desperate parents (sic)

Certainly makes a mockery of those who did resign to ensure there was no mixed messages regarding governments 'stay at home' instruction  ..

.. Let alone visiting 'second homes' ... must be because he visited 3/4 rather than 2

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

46 minutes ago, hightail said:

Mine too as long as that remains an option but I fear a situation where it becomes compulsory if you want to use public transport, enter shopping centres, even access medical care such as dentists, opticians etc.  

That's frightening. Not that it could become compulsory, but that you think it could.

hightail isn't the only one to think that. From this article:

It is not yet known whether use of the app would be mandatory or voluntary. “A mandatory smartphone app would be a significant measure, both legally and culturally,” the lawyers said. “Our view is that there would need to be a clear and detailed legal basis for a mandatory system, set out in specific legislation.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/covid-19-tracking-app-must-satisfy-human-rights-and-data-laws

19 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

hightail isn't the only one to think that. From this article:

It is not yet known whether use of the app would be mandatory or voluntary. “A mandatory smartphone app would be a significant measure, both legally and culturally,” the lawyers said. “Our view is that there would need to be a clear and detailed legal basis for a mandatory system, set out in specific legislation.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/03/covid-19-tracking-app-must-satisfy-human-rights-and-data-laws

Only problem with that is assuming Johnson gives a damn about 'legalities when theres always 'interpretation..

.. and I've not a single shred of doubt that Suella Braverman will agree with whatever Boris says however much what he says changes or flies in the face of established precedent and law.

ESPECIALLY as handcock has already said they can and will

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2020/05/nhs-covid-app-mandatory-matt-hancock/

I'll see if I can sort out a youtube VID of him actually saying it.

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

1 hour ago, cjcregg said:

That's frightening. Not that it could become compulsory, but that you think it could.

There are plenty of organisations, or individuals within organisations, been eager enough to ‘interpret’ rules lately and nothing innocent people can do but go along with it.  

Boris doesn’t need to worry about the larger question of legality if it’s effectively enforced by private business.

Edited by hightail

28 minutes ago, hightail said:

There are plenty of organisations, or individuals within organisations, been eager enough to ‘interpret’ rules lately and nothing innocent people can do but go along with it.  

Boris doesn’t need to worry about the larger question of legality if it’s effectively enforced by private business.

The Data commissioner will go after Serco and G4S for any breaches.

22 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

No they wont BN

Look back through the thread to where I mentioned the changes they have recently put through in the Coronavirus act

They have given themselves the legal right to trace and monitor without oversight anyone even suspected of being in contact with someone who is suspected of having Coronavirus

All driven by 'suspicion, suspected ...

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

7 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Makes no difference to the app becoming ‘compulsory’ through the back door.  There are all sorts of things aren’t supposedly compulsory but we’re forced into.   For example, if I want to refuel my car at any garage in my area every pump carries a notice saying ‘card payments only, no cash’.  That’s everyone with a car forced into a particular behaviour.  If enough businesses and services decide they want to see that you have a phone with the app installed to let you in we’ll all have to give in eventually.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 449 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks