Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree with both of you, hightail and tobyjugg.

Two things occur to me. Jacinda Arden in NZ said she didn't want to lose thousands of Kiwis if they didn't have a lockdown and I think she was right.

My other thought from something TJ said is a quote from Prof John Ashton, ex-public health director. I find it very moving. 'Statistics are patients with the tears wiped off.'

Illegitimi non carborundum

So, How many actual front line NHS staff have been tested anyone?

and what is the criteria .. because it certainly doesn't seem to be patient, community or staff safety from non symptomatic infected people

So much for protecting our NHS eh?

and the issue re number of tests vs number of people tested

Update: 31 March: We now understand from Public Health England that the number of tests does not equate to the number of people tested.

PHE tweeted yesterday afternoon that: “Latest figure for number of tests conducted is 8,278, on 4908 individuals in England (accurate as of 9am 29th March).”

Thats nearly 2 tests per person tested ...

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-confusion-over-nhs-england-testing-numbers

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

My 'route' at work is in Glasgow, the streets are busier than before the 'lockdown', total insanity.

I was at Glasgow Airport Saturday and Sunday nights dropping off and collecting Test Kits and the guy said they had not been that busy !!

Yet the week before it was mayhem with queue's for miles.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

9 hours ago, maroondevo52 said:

My 'route' at work is in Glasgow, the streets are busier than before the 'lockdown', total insanity

I’m not suggesting they’re all essential journeys right now but as the lockdown eases there is likely to be more traffic on the roads than before.  Many who can will use their cars rather than public transport for the foreseeable future.  I’m afraid I will be one.  

Who is going to trust Public Transport after seeing Sadiq's debacle with TFL?  Add into that mix that in rural areas services have been decimated. A car or motorbike, or cycle is the only way to get to work on time. North Wales coast and services into the Snowdonia area are now on a less than winter Sunday service. the mainline route once every 10 minutes is now hourly, with connecting buses from other inland areas 2 hourly with nothing after 17:00, so working till 6, its shank's pony if you have no other means for a 10,  20 or 30 mile commute.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I couldn't get into the DWP in Cumbernauld to do a collection because of the cars in the KFC queue yesterday.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Kentucky Fried Coronavirus?

Damning investigative report from Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/health-coronavirus-britain-elderly/

I'm surprised the conspiracy brigade aren't claiming that the Virus was deliberately allowed in, spread through football and pop concerts and cramped, enclosed trains and care homes to target those they wanted to target before they were locked down with infected seeds to further target the poorest who were locked in in cramped overcrowded spaces to get rid of as many as possible ...

Makes more sense than any policy excuses bleated by the UK gov.

Appalling that with NHS front line staff NOT getting tested, that Gove and his daughter (who tested negative) were prioritised ...

I think thats VASTLY more abhorrent and abusive of the system than someone just seeking the company of a girlfriend/partner in these stressful times ..

Yet Gove slithers on ..

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Thanks 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Anyway here is some Legal  opinion on the legality of Hancock's app.

https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Covid-19-tech-responses-opinion-30-April-2020.pdf

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

You can see why the Tories want out of the GDPR and ECHR

So who believes the data will NOT be used for other purposes, particularly given the intent to not just share the data with specified UK bodies, but also other UNspecified “Organisations providing health services” ?

and how many people think that the app wont be automatically 'updated' in various ways once installed - including in ways you would never agree too if asked up front?

and how many people DON't think the actual usage of the app and your data wont 'drift' from the stated usage without any notification once installed

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

13 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

and how many people think that the app wont be automatically 'updated' in various ways once installed - including in ways you would never agree too if asked up front?

Or if it could ever be uninstalled.  I really don’t want to turn into a conspiracy theorist but it is hard not to be suspicious of something designed to ‘track and trace’.

• Like 2

Especially when there is no test part ...

Surely the cornerstone of a 'real' app for the purpose

The Tory Legacy

Yes is a tie up with the data partners, and the companies that will provide the Call Centres somewhere.  The Register article points out the flaws in how it operates, and  apparently as I thought is likely a real battery killer a draining app.

Here was one YouTube denouement of it on IOS

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Especially when there is no test part ...

Surely the cornerstone of a 'real' app for the purpose

That's what I read, it's based on self-reported symptoms. Not exactly track and trace then.

The real conspiracy

They are NOT going to test except where there is no excuse not to

It would show them up as the liars they are and show the real horrors their policies have caused.

.. and of course they just have to hold out until Jan when as far as the world and international companies are concerned, we are under US data protection style laws BUT without even the protection that US citizens get from their constitution

*READ the emails re change of terms you have received from Farcebork, amazon, google etc - even if just the Data Protection bits

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

1 hour ago, tobyjugg2 said:

I'm surprised the conspiracy brigade aren't claiming that the Virus was deliberately allowed in, spread through football and pop concerts and cramped, enclosed trains and care homes to target those they wanted to target before they were locked down with infected seeds to further target the poorest who were locked in in cramped overcrowded spaces to get rid of as many as possible ...

Makes more sense than any policy excuses bleated by the UK gov.

I'd be genuinely interested to know if anyone agrees with this, ie that it's more likely that UK Government policy was to purposely allow the virus infect and exterminate the poor, than their official stated policy.

Anyone?

Meanwhile on IT, government ministers are using an app that can permanently delete texts and according to this article, makes it easier to avoid FoI requests.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/pm-and-tory-figures-install-signal-app-that-permanently-deletes-texts-the-sun-1-6639776?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

• Like 1

In addition to BN's' register link, Forbes has an interesting article, especially if you follow the linked references

https://www.forbes.com/sites/charlesradclyffe/2020/05/05/the-techlash-and-contact-tracing-our-lost-love-affair-with-technology-might-cost-lives/

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

22 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

I'd be genuinely interested to know if anyone agrees with this, ie that it's more likely that UK Government policy was to purposely allow the virus infect and exterminate the poor, than their official stated policy.

I’d say your way of phrasing it is a tad strong.  More that it’s easier to ignore the plight of those who are not exactly at the forefront of society and seen as an expense rather than a resource.  Everything they’ve done otherwise has only been in response to negative press.

24 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Meanwhile on IT, government ministers are using an app that can permanently delete texts and according to this article, makes it easier to avoid FoI requests.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/pm-and-tory-figures-install-signal-app-that-permanently-deletes-texts-the-sun-1-6639776?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social_Icon&utm_campaign=in_article_social_icons

That'll stop those pesky whistleblowers claiming I instructed them to do the horrible thing they did ...

'I am unaware of any instruction from me to do that existing or even any instruction existing that could be interpreted that way

The Tory Legacy

A bit more on testing claims and the reality

"on Wednesday just 69,463 tests were carried out or posted,

and because some were done twice only 57,006 people were actually tested."

"The results of hundreds of thousands of tests done at drive-through centres in England have not yet been shared with GPs or local authorities, who complain they have “no idea” where local disease clusters are. "

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1258082721374633985

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/07/thursday-briefing-how-to-wind-up-a-lockdown

The Tory Legacy

Timeline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQkLRuyXwOc

The Tory Legacy

It's going well today, isn't it?

400,000 gowns from Turkey that HMG made such a fuss about aren't fit for purpose.

The tracing app could be illegal.

And the Labour MP Nadia Whittome, who went back to helping the NHS during Covid, has been sacked for speaking out about the lack of PPE.

• Like 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks