deller1 vs Capital 1 ***WON***

Deller
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well thought I better update this thread as my Cap One claim has come to an end, I was getting a little fed up as the letter I received clearly stated that a CHEQUE would be sent within 14 days. This didn't happen but last week I received my statement and was amazed to find that they had creditted my account with the 950 odd quid, which I found a little suprising as my account balance was zero anyhow. I suppose the important thing though is I HAVE WON.

:D :D :D

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations . .

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks uk.

yep, definately a big WELL DONE.

thats another one biting the dust and seeing the error of their ways. now where did i put that piece of paper with my banks address on...................

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Well thought I better update this thread as my Cap One claim has come to an end, I was getting a little fed up as the letter I received clearly stated that a CHEQUE would be sent within 14 days. This didn't happen but last week I received my statement and was amazed to find that they had creditted my account with the 950 odd quid, which I found a little suprising as my account balance was zero anyhow. I suppose the important thing though is I HAVE WON.

CONGRATULATIONS AND WELL DONE.

BET YOU WOULD HAVE LIKED THE CHEQUE/CASH THOUGH - CRAFTY....ARE'NT THEY!!!!

ds

Yeah they're definately very crafty, probably thought it was a way of making me keep the account open..........NO CHANCE!!

That is exacltly what I will be doing. :D

I would write to them and tell them that you want it in cheque as you have a zero balance anyway.

Just a thought.

Congrats Deller.

Just a thought. If you draw out the cash, they charge a cash handling fee. I would demand a cheque. Cheeky bu*****s!

Anyway, just about to set off for the airport. This time tomorrow I will be on the sunny beaches of Montego Bay!

See you all in 10 days.

Congrats Deller.

Just a thought. If you draw out the cash, they charge a cash handling fee. I would demand a cheque. Cheeky bu*****s!

Anyway, just about to set off for the airport. This time tomorrow I will be on the sunny beaches of Montego Bay!

See you all in 10 days.

Well I had a right dilema today, needed to draw the cash out to put in my bank only to be told that there were insufficient funds.

I phoned Cap One to be told that i had a cash advance limit on my account and that I was unable to withdraw any more until I made a payment. Now why should i have to make a payment when there is no credit to clear. I explained to the lady that I was infact expecting a cheque but for some unknown reason the money had been credited to an account with a zero balance, I have now insisted the account is now closed and that all monies owed to me are forwarded to myself immediately, I have also requested all cash handling fees returned as I refuse to pay these on money which is actually mine, and not money I'm borrowing from them.

They dont half try things on!!

Enjoy your holiday Stan.

• Haha 1

congrats all.

Can someone answer me this: if reclaiming charges from Capital one - is it the same interest as with a bank?? really unsure???

any does anyone have the link to work it all out - thanks in advance ;-)

Firstly what interest are you talking about? If CI you can use the Cash Advance rate or the APR from their website relating to the card type you have. If you are reffering to the statutory 8% interest then yes this is the same but is not claimed until you file.

There is a a template here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

To help you to work it out.

HTH

Tanz

Full ammount has now been transfered to my bank and the account will duely be closed.

Well done.. congratulations . .

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Well done Deller, I have a balance owed to them of £610 but they owe me £1339.

Do you think they will just clear my balance and send me a cheque for the difference or a cheque for the whole lot hoping to continue to make charges off me.

Well done Deller, I have a balance owed to them of £610 but they owe me £1339.

Do you think they will just clear my balance and send me a cheque for the difference or a cheque for the whole lot hoping to continue to make charges off me.

Well judging by the way they issued my settlement I wouldn't be at all suprised if they refunded it to your account, but at least that will clear your debt and you can then aske for the balance to be returned to you by cheque.

congrats deller hows the little one? who are you taking on next? you'll be bored if you haven't got anyone to fight! lol

Little one's doing great now, thanks for asking. I do have a few things I wish to tackle but will probably wait a while as Ollie is more than keeping me occupied for the time being.

Thanks egg, and best of luck with your claim.