Partial offer rejected - subsequently received scary letter from Court. PLEASE HELP!!

charlie_spencer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK I hop eyou got my email with the link in there to get you started Charlie! I will around and about most of today if you get stuck!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

Hello all. I've finally compiled my reply to the court's request for further information. Thank you for all your help!

I know it's an imposition but would anyone subscribed to this posting kindly offer to give it the once over for me?? I think it's all there, only I'd really appreciate the reassurance of someone more knowledgeable than myself.

I can't put it up here as it's in 2 seperate word files (one's the letter, and the other's the facts and cases I refer to) - but I'm more than happy to mail it to you if you are able to help.

Thank you very much,

Charlie

Replied via email and PM charlie!!!

Take care!

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

The solicitors have offered me £2k for my claim. The sum i am claiming is £4k. They are saying it is purely to save costs and they accept no liability. I don't know what to do. Are they likely to continue to court or to offer me full amount? My mum and my niece have turned down the first offer and subsequently were paid the full amount - but they don't bank with NatWest.

Debbie

debi jay you need to start you own thread hon and ask your own questions on there.

AS soon as youve done that send me a link and I will reply - take care

Allyxia

its ok debijay I will Pm you with instructions

A forum = a group of threads together in one theme - such as Natwest forum

A thread = a new topic started by an individual

A post = one of these which you write into to form part of a thread!

Hijacking = when you start to ask question or take over somebody elses thread.

Dont worry Im sure this time Charlie wont mind.

• Haha 1

Allyxia

grizz have you started a new thread yet as I can send you instruction on how to do it if you want!!!

Allyxia

Yeah it's cool Debbie - don't worry.

For your information Ally and everyone else. I sent off my huge reply (53 pages!) to the Court and also to Cobbetts special delivery the day before yesterday.

As suggested on this thread it was a short and sweet letter explaining the statute and case law support for the 3 points they required further info on. Along with the letter I also included a document index detailing the 3 schedules (specifically adressing the 3 issues they wanted elaboration on) along with most of the court bundle.

So I also included all prior correspondence, statement of charges, early day motion, OFT summery and acts / statutes etc.

Hopefully that'll show the judge (who for some reason has deemed it necessary to write back and ask for extra info despite the fact all prior correspondece was extremely thorough...!) that I'm serious and not just some chancer.

What I'm hoping will happen next is that he'll skim through all the documents I sent through, see if have a case, set a court date for some time in the future..... and.... wait for it...

Cobbetts will get back to me some time prior to the court date with a full and final settlement.

Well that's the general reaction to what I can figure out from reading various other threads.

If anyone else has any views or comments on what may happen next, timescales etc - then please don't hold back.

Cheers for your help everyone!

Charlie

• Haha 1

Excellent replies to Cobbetts guys, I'll be needing those when I eventually get my brother to wake up and get his money back from NW.

18/11/2006 Recieved Statements from Barclays.

20/11/2006 Sent Prelim for return of £575.

27/11/2006 Received offer of £290.

4/12/2006 Sent LBA.

8/1/2007 Filed Small Claim at court.

12/02/2007 Full settlemant from Barclay's.

12/02/2007 LBA sent to Mint.

Thanks very much!!

Couldn't have done it without all the help of the wonderful people here at CAG.

Quick update.... Cobbetts sent me a SECOND partial offer, saying they'd never recieved my original rejection letter. I called them and said I'd sent it ages ago and besides, I'd called them a few days earlier, just after I'd sent all my documentation to them and the court (to confirm they'd received it) and they never mentioned anything about not receiving a response to their partial offer. They must have realised as soon as they received the material I'm relying on that I'd rejected their letter.

Anyway, I rejected their offer... again. I spoke to the court earlier today and they said a judge will be reviewing my supporting material next Tuesday. I think the options available to him are striking the claim out, asking for further info from me or Cobbetts, or procedding and setting a date for the hearing.

Hopefully if he does this, I'll get a full settlement some time soon after.

At least I think that's what happens!

Anyone care to add as to whether this is right or not??

Excellent replies to Cobbetts guys, I'll be needing those when I eventually get my brother to wake up and get his money back from NW.

Hi, Charlie

"I think the options available to him are striking the claim out, asking for further info from me or Cobbetts, or procedding and setting a date for the hearing."

Well, yep, that seems to cover it - in, out or shake it all about.:)

I think the first of your three options is the least likely, as you've provided more than enough information, now. Cobbetts are the ones who are more likely to be asked for additional info. Keep us posted.

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

• 2 weeks later...

Allyxia and Charlie - sorry not responded before, had technical probs with my PC - got a new one now!! for an update - i received a letter from Corbetts enclosing a copy of their allocation questionnaire they had filed in court and on the last page it said they were asking for a strikeout of the claim as i had not responded by the correct date - this was untrue and on checking with the court i was told they had received my response before corbetts' response! The Court suggested i rang corbetts for clarification. This i did, and reminded them that they knew i had responded duly as THEY had responded to my response!!!! they said it 'was a mistake' and that the paragraph shouldn't have been there and they will be in touch with me soon once they had received further instructions from natwest. I have already declined their offer of £2k (i am claiming £4k) and am hoping they will make me a full offer before xmas!!

Once again thanks for all your help - i wouldn't have got this far without it.

Debbie

Dear all, quick update for you.

Came back to my inbox on Friday morning to the following email:

- - - - -

Dear Sir,

We refer to our telephone conversation of 6 December 2006.

We can confirm that our client is prepared to make a full goodwill payment to you in this matter, in full and final settlement, without any admission of liability, in the sum of £1,290.74.

Our client is currently raising a cheque from the executive, and we should be in a position to forward the cheque on to you within the next 7-14 days.

Yours faithfully

Cobbetts LLP

Lynsey Burgoyne

- - - - -

So huge thank you to everyone for all your help.

Just goes to show that if you're fully prepared, and stand your ground - then you can get everything you're claiming. Plus the Money Programme show shown on BBC2 last week can only serve to strengthen our case.

Oh and for anyone who may think this is a quick easy win. It really isn't. My claim took 6 months and 9 letters in total! Well worth it in the long run though.

Whoopee!!

Whoopee indeed - Well done Charlie:D

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Great news Charlie

Congratulations!!!!!

And just in time for Christmas - or the January sales!

Best wishes

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

Ah well done mate - enjoy your cash!!!!!!

Gosh that nearly all my newbies not so newboies now and getting settled!!!

Well done agin!

Allyxia

Congratulations:)

Son v Halifax settled in full £292

Another son v Halifax settled in full £30

Bigmama59 v NatWest settled in full £4739.69:)

Son v Halifax 2nd claim settled in full £130

Bigmama v Halifax settled in full £1125