Millenium Parking Services Swansea Arvato (103)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yup, On the Papers is an easy Default win for them, as you don't get to challenge the dodgy facts they have presented, that can be challenged and swatted like a fly at a hearing with a robust defence that trashes their case..

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Why CPS and AJH Films  and Elliot V Loake don't apply but 5they will chance them if On The Papers.  Elliot v Loake is a criminal case, so is not applicable to Private Parking and contract law.

• Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

One of my cats does the same, ignore him, and he uses the keyboard., especially if I am gaming .  But as a rule the PPCs tame solicitors will chuck in both those chestnuts if they think they can engineer an on the papers easy default judgment.

Thanks for your help guys, but she's pretty much decided to pay them. I'm not happy about it, but not much I can do I guess.

Is there any upside to paying it now? If we do nothing, will it just proceed on the papers, with no more intervention from us, and cost no more than if we pay it now?

Cast iron win against these bandits but she would rather pay them more than they are lawfully entitled to claim if they did actually have a claim.

Is there an upside to paying?

NO there isn't,

they have added costs they haven't and wont occur so they make an extra £50 for the white flag waving.

If you do nothing no it wont proceed on the papers,

a court date will be set and you will be expected to turn up.

If she doesn't then they will just invent a load more fake costs and it will cost her another £50-75.

Get it into yoru head that everything you do now makes you money and costs them.

Even if you lose at court they wont get any more if you turn up as they have limited themselves.

They still have to shell out to actually get to a hearing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎11‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 09:40, Joe916 said:

Also, if I can persuade her to proceed with the court for the moment, what are the consequences / possibility of withdrawing later?

There is nothing to lose by submitting the directions questionnaire.

You might as well also go as far as the witness statement and show them that you are only too aware of their shortcomings.

If your partner is still too afraid of seeing it through, make them an offer of settlement.

Even if they don't accept, you can still concede before the hearing.

There's a fair chance they'll not even go as far as the hearing anyway.

I was up against this lot myself and they never paid the hearing fee, so the case got stuck out.

Hang in there.

It's too soon to throw in the towel and pay out money that isn't deserved.

• Thanks 1

agree, a lot of the time when you defend they pull oout becasue tey knwo that they are on a hiding to nothing. Things like a lack of planning permission can come back to bite them with possible criminal charges (obtaining money by deception but it has nevr happened yet) so they would rather drop one claim than risk killing the goose that lays the golden egg.

Bullying and bluff so at least get her to go with it as far as the last call for court so their bluff is called