Allied International Credit

spotnot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two days ago I received a letter from these people saying my debt with amex had been referred to them and I was to pay the full amount plus £397.50 referral fee. Today I have received two phone calls in the space of 1 hour at my work number on my day off and an email via my work website. On returning their call they informed me that they knew I had space on another credit card to pay them. When I explained that I was no longer able to use that other credit card they turned nasty saying they were instructing solicitors and my debt is increasing by another £1200. They also said they were putting a charge on my house so that I cannot sell or remortgage without paying them off. Two hours later they sent a text message asking me to call to avoid action. This went to my friends number whose phone I had borrowed!!!

I phoned them to be confronted by "we don't know why we sent you a text don't bother making any payment proposals as we will not accept them unless it is full payment including all the charges". They then put the phone down on me.

Is this behaviour legal, can they search my credit records without my permission and can they put a charge on my house?

This is all new to me and extremely worrying.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two days ago I received a letter from these people saying my debt with amex had been referred to them and I was to pay the full amount plus £397.50 referral fee. Today I have received two phone calls in the space of 1 hour at my work number on my day off and an email via my work website. On returning their call they informed me that they knew I had space on another credit card to pay them. When I explained that I was no longer able to use that other credit card they turned nasty saying they were instructing solicitors and my debt is increasing by another £1200. They also said they were putting a charge on my house so that I cannot sell or remortgage without paying them off. Two hours later they sent a text message asking me to call to avoid action. This went to my friends number whose phone I had borrowed!!!

I phoned them to be confronted by "we don't know why we sent you a text don't bother making any payment proposals as we will not accept them unless it is full payment including all the charges". They then put the phone down on me.

Is this behaviour legal, can they search my credit records without my permission and can they put a charge on my house?

This is all new to me and extremely worrying.

Pelin,

You need to start your own thread on this to get the best advice, probably in the debt collectors forum. (click on the "new thread" button)

Charges can only be applied if they are in your original agreement, so you need to start that thread!

Grumpy

• 4 weeks later...

Have you had any updates since?

I have AIC chasing me for a £900 debt to NatWest that I tried to pay off - I told them I would only pay off what I owed and none of their silly wee charges - the guy threatened to come to my house so I told him hey I am on Argylle Street the now with some pals - why don't I come and see you and save you the trip??

He claimed that was a threat and he hung up on me - so its ok for him to come to my house - thats not a threat - but me going to him? Different kettle of fish - thats a threat - so I take it I am not even allowed to be on the same street for fear of intimidating the intimidater...

I'll bet the guy at the other end of the phone was a scrawny wee maggot who was bullied at school and this is the only way he can get his kicks now...

I just can't believe that despite me offering to pay off my rightful debt, they won't let me - nor will they negotiate - so now what - Summary Cause action? The legal fees alone will cost them more - and the beauty of Scots Law is that if I make them an offer of the debt (known as a "tender") and they refuse, if the Sheriff finds that I truly owe them £900 which is already admitted but none of the fees over and above, THEY have to pay all costs!!

Bring it on AIC - lets see what you are made of!!

• 6 months later...

I am a former Debt Collector who worked for Aktiv Kapital (UK) Ltd... (Boooo hisss!!!!)

A Lloyds TSB credit card was run up in my name by my step father and my mother (who have since split) due to their inability to obtain credit. (They have also taken a £20,000 trust fund in my name, however that is another story.) This card had been paid by my step father as a recognition of the fact it was their debt... Imagine my surprise when I received a post card from Allied to say call them last week...

I explained the situation to a girl called 'Amna' and said that I would call them back, as I had to speak with my step father about this debt. When I did, he said he now wanted copies of the statements before he would resume payments.

I called back Allied, and I was passed onto a 'Mr. Fitzgerald', who changed and said 'Payment is now due in full', when I explained that I needed copies of the statements, he then said 'It's gone past that point now, and payment in full is the only thing that will stop us from taking further action', - hinting at the fact a CCJ had been obtained on the account. (I have since checked my credit file - I have no CCJS.)

I then said that I needed the statements before my step father would pay - he said we don't have them, and told me to contact the client (first time I have ever heard of that.) Aktiv Kapital!!!

I called Aktiv, spoke with a former colleague who said they had no statements or paperwork, and I was best of contacting Lloyds - who also had no copies of the statement.

I asked for a list of payments to be sent out to me by Aktiv, and I would try that.

Imagine my surprise when I get a threatening phone call from Allied that evening to say what is happening? I explained I was a former employee of Aktiv, and they were sending what information they had - he said he had to have a payment on the account by today (this was on Friday).

I said I knew from a legal standpoint because I was disputing I owed the money that nothing could be done legally because they didn't have the paperwork... He basically said a payment had better be made - 'Or else!' He then said he also doubted I had worked in the industry because I would've known that they were the final stop. (He didn't have Aktiv Kapitals' details either - he first quoted Aktiv Kapital ASA which is a holding company!)

I called Aktiv back and said I really didn't want to deal with Allied, and my former colleague said to write in with a reason why - which I sent on Friday 1st class.

Today, I got another phone call from 'Mr. Fitzgerald' who said no payment had been made (the phone number was witheld too). I said I felt like I was a victim of harassment, - and said I wanted to deal with Aktiv Kapital and had written to them to that effect. He said that he would keep on calling me until it was paid in full (in one go.) I said he could try, however I wouldn't be making a payment as I had no paperwork. He said further action would then be taken. I questioned this - and said without statements or the credit agreement, he couldn't obtain a CCJ as there was no debt proof to answer. He questioned the fact I had worked for Aktiv again, to which he got me very irate, and I replied 'Call them then!' He said he wasn't going to call anyone bar me until it was settled! I said to better still call them, and recommend that you go for a CCJ - I then told him that he was misrepresenting their legal standpoint without the paperwork!!! I then told him, I wouldn't be paying, and also said without the paperwork no court in the land would pass judgment in their favour... He said it had better get paid before he hung up!

Tonight I've written a letter to them saying without a CCA, statements etc, I will not be making a payment - (Lloyds do not have this information, and when I worked for Aktiv, they didn't get any paperwork through when they bought the debts!) and the next time I hear from them had better be a CCA and the statements, and have told them I feel I am now a victim of harassment, when I have set my stall out clear from day one. I've also requested that all correspondence now had better be in writing so I can send copies to my solicitor. Fingers crossed!

P.S Tomorrow I shall be informing Aktiv Kapital about the cowboys that they instruct!

Also, if anyone wants to contact me for any free debt advice please do so - as a former collector, I know how companies rely on intimidation without necessarily having the correct paperwork!

hi ive just joined,find this very helpfull.i have a lloyds tsb credit card debt,its been passed on to allied international credit,who called me last week,they offered to reduce my debt by 33% if i pay £1000 pounds today.after reading some of your posts im so glad i asked them to put this in writing which they said they will do.im so confused as im not that academic and find all this very duanting,can someone please advise me?a lot of the debt is missed payments as both my parents died recently and i just stopped opening letters.i have the money to make the payment but dont want to pay then have to pay again.

If it's gone 12 working days then they have breached CCA and the debt is now in dispute so they can't pursue until CCA produced.

No it isn't. If the 12-day period has been exceeded then the DCA is in default. The matter doesn't become 'in dispute' until you write and tell them so, giving a valid reason for disputing the matter.

A missing or non-compliant credit agreement is good grounds for dispute but you still have to write.

You are correct in that the DCA is unable to enforce repayment once they are in default.

After the 12 working days if they don't produce CCA within 30 extra days ( not working days just normal ) then they have

committed a criminal offence.

Not any more. The 30-day provision disappeared last May following legislation changes.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

• 3 months later...

Hi Spotnot, I cannot confirm all the things that you ask as I am just about to do the same and have just learned about it on this site. I would though like to up your resistance to this debt a little by saying that you were drawn into this agreement, assuming it is one with charges like a credit card or bank account, with an illegal contract. This is wrong. If you went into Woolworths and stole a purse you would not just have to give it back you would be punished. Paying back the money is not enough, the banks should be held to account for their illegal actions. It is normal to want to pay back what is owed but these guys were prepared to steal money from you illegally and that is quite different from falling on hard times (current financial situation in the world is the banks fault, you do not sound like the kind of person who would take money for nothing, like them) and my opinion is that they should pay for it and give honest, hardworking people like ourselves a break. Hopefully, someone will bring them to account. Rock on.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all, any help or advice greatfully received

I received a yellow card from Allied International Credit in a brown envelope asking me to call Mr X urgently, I did so and they told me they wanted full payment of a debt I had with Lloyds TSB (£5K) imediately, I told them I couldn't pay it in one but would be happy to pay in installments, they told me they wouldn't accept this and that I had two days to pay. They suggested me borrowing from friends and family which I told them I couldn't do.

I had already spent the months previous trying to contact LloydsTSB to arrange repayment of the debt and they refused to talk to me. I them phoned them again after speaking to AIC and told them that I wanted to pay but no-one would talk to me! They told me it was out of their hands and I now had to deal with AIC.

I sent them a CCA letter on the 13th January 1st class recorded with a £1 P.O., I didn't sign the letter. I received a copy of my signed credit agreement on the 7th Feb 09 but this was outside of the 12 working days +2, it should have arrived on 3rd feb at the latest, I have shown willing to pay this debt but they don't want to play ball so where do I stand?

Hi all, any help or advice greatfully received

I received a yellow card from Allied International Credit in a brown envelope asking me to call Mr X urgently, I did so and they told me they wanted full payment of a debt I had with Lloyds TSB (£5K) imediately, I told them I couldn't pay it in one but would be happy to pay in installments, they told me they wouldn't accept this and that I had two days to pay. They suggested me borrowing from friends and family which I told them I couldn't do.

I had already spent the months previous trying to contact LloydsTSB to arrange repayment of the debt and they refused to talk to me. I them phoned them again after speaking to AIC and told them that I wanted to pay but no-one would talk to me! They told me it was out of their hands and I now had to deal with AIC.

I sent them a CCA letter on the 13th January 1st class recorded with a £1 P.O., I didn't sign the letter. I received a copy of my signed credit agreement on the 7th Feb 09 but this was outside of the 12 working days +2, it should have arrived on 3rd feb at the latest, I have shown willing to pay this debt but they don't want to play ball so where do I stand?

Okay I wouldnt worry too much agreement sent back a little overdue many people do that the main thing is it enforcebale can you post up a copy without your personal details items to look for are interest rate , repayments , apr , is it signed by you or them , amount of loan etc allied have a habit of sending cards being bullies and do not listen at end of the day if it goes to court and it is enforceable the court will after looking at your circumstances have the final say and this may mean small payments dependent on your circumstances dont listen to allied re paying it all or borrowing form friends they wont have the final say also need to know if allied have bought the debt or are acting as agents !!!!regards Gaz

elevated i suggest you contact ts myself.

My brother is in a similar position with a car he had 5 years ago from yes car credit, they took the car back and demanded he still pay the full amount.

After selling the car again for 4500, they sold my brothers debt to a dca.

He spoke to ts this week, and they want all the paperwork from the dca, and they say he is due a full refund of everything he paid since the date they took the car back because they sold it for an amount that more than covered the debt.

Ill keep you updated.

question everything!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have been receiving automated phone calls from AIC for months - I did ring them the first time but refused to go through the security process because I didn't know who they were back then. I was told that I should have had a yellow card via the post (which I hadn't) so was advised that another one would be sent. I haven't received anything in the post as yet.

Do I just ignore these automated phone calls..? you know the ones that say 'this is an urgent message for Mrs XXX, please call Mr xxx quoting xxxx'

Any advice? I think I know where this is from (Direct Line for a paltry £83.00, which I am indispute with them about)

Many thanks

AIC have stumped up with the CCA, albeit slightly late, and have now sent a 'Final notice of intent'. It says that a bailiff can come to my home and that they could secure the amount from my wages via my employer!

Can they do this? How many people have actually been taken to court by AIC?

I've offered them a monthly payment but they don't want to play ball

Very worried

Thanks

AIC have stumped up with the CCA, albeit slightly late, and have now sent a 'Final notice of intent'. It says that a bailiff can come to my home and that they could secure the amount from my wages via my employer!

Can they do this? How many people have actually been taken to court by AIC?

I've offered them a monthly payment but they don't want to play ball

Very worried

Thanks

Firstly you need to scan the CCA without your personal details on it and put it up on here for someone to look at to see if it is enforceable.

Don't worry about the threat of bailiffs etc. They can't do this, the only person who can order bailiffs to seize your goods would be a Judge at the County Court. He wouldn't even go that far if the CCA was enforceable, he would first assess how much you could actually afford to repay and AIC would have to comply with what he says.

These morons have very little power to do anything at all.

Hi, many thanks for the comments, below is my CCA Scan

cca_scan.jpg

Again, thanks to all who've advised me and calmed my nerves a little!

Edited by DJT1000
removed my account number from scan

Hi DJT

I am no expert but it still looks like there is some evidence on your form that could lead back to you. Watch out for things like account number in top right hand corner and the allied number at the top.

Apparently these people check these forums and they could get a heads up on your strategy.

Best

Seachan

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I have just had a letter from these goons for my Lloyds TSB account and loan that has been joined together as 1 debt my account is already in dispute with TSB over bank charges for a kick off, and when my debt was sent to a dca called Apex which offered me a %50 discount :rolleyes: I cca'd them and all i got back (after the 12+2) was a statement with my payments that I was making and 2 misc payments making the balance outstanding £0. Now I have just received a later from AIC a final notice of intent, they are claiming that I have not responded to any of there letters or phone calls (of which I have had neither!) Should I ask for a CCA from these or should I photo copy the statements I got from Apex and send them to AIC and ask them what exactly I owe? :confused:

Much love and thanks in advance Mr Shark

• 3 weeks later...

Just found out that a Lloyds TSB current account which we went into debt with has been sold to AIC. Unfortunately i moved house and my other half has not been passing on letters etc so i wasnt aware of this but was making regular payments to Lloyds (or so i thought).

Anyway i need to contact them so as to carry on payments. Naturally i do all in this in writing so no issues there. However it is current account so the CCA won't presumably apply. Before i write the letter does anyone have any advice re taking this forward.

Thanks

Tierisch

We received an automated message on our answer phone. when i called it back it was for my husband and understandably they wouldn't discuss it with me, HOWEVER, when i asked what the company do as their business the VERY VERY VERY RUDE person who i spoke to said he couldn't disclose it due to data protection laws. When i said to him that i wasn't asking for details of the account, but for the an explanation to what AIC do as a business he then said "At risk of repeating myself further I am terminating the phone call". I then called back to speak to someone about how rude he was to then be cut off by the bloody receptionist!!

I then looked them up and found this site which quite nicely explains everything that just happened! What a bunch of idiots! Still have no idea what it's about and have received no previous correspondence from them so just going to leave it for them to chase up.

How can a company who treat callers like that still be trading?! Mayb because people aare frightened into passing money over before knowing any details - the people working for this company need to take a reality check and re-evaluate what they want out of their career before continuing to speak to people in the manner they do. They must all finish their shift and go home in a horrific mood after having been continually rude to people all day.

What is this country coming to allowing companies such as this, trade in the way they are - there should be stricter rules on how companies treat customers / callers.

Thank you for everyones posts on here - it help explain the shock of the phone call!

I had a call from these lovely people the other night; I have no idea who they were acting for and they wouldn't tell me. I told them they were phoning late at night (as I am overseas) and that his call had woken me up. He said, oh come on, it can't be more than 11pm. I said I would hang up if he didn't tell me what it was about. He rang back and got my husband who hung up on him also

• 3 weeks later...

Had a few more calls from these jokers, I still have no idea who has instructed them, they say they have written to me but I have received nothing. They gave me an address they had sent a letter to before ascertaining who they were speaking to. I don't think professional or intelligent are words in their repertoire.