Smart Parking ANPR PCN - Havens Bank Retail Park Exeter - 6th letter - now zenith

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope you took this letter as seriously as I did, I love a good bit of comedy.

Apart from the ineundo being hot air they have made several comments that can never be true, bailiffs for example.

I am also impressed that they MAY inform you about taking legal action, NO, they HAVE to or they lose half of any claim as soon as you complain about the breach of civil procedure and that assumes they will win, which of course they wont so they will get 50% of nothing which is still nothing.

I havent seen a zenith letter for a while but whoever put this on the autoscribe needs dogknotting, it really is terrible.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did:-D They really don't seem to realise how limp wristed and pathetic all these letters make them look. IF it had been from the police it would have all been done and dusted months back!

The government really should do something about it as its such a waste of paper!:madgrin:

The government really should do something about it as its such a waste of paper!:madgrin:

They're trying... https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2018-02-02/debates/CC84AF5E-AC6E-4E14-81B1-066E6A892807/Parking(CodeOfPractice)Bill

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

there is always a problem when it comes to legislation that involves money,

it boils down to times of yore when money was the law so all law was based around letting rich people keep theirs.

Didnt really change until WW1 when people suddenly became a scarce commodity and bolshevism looked like a real possibility with 3 million armed men upset at being treated worse than dirt.

Votes for women was only a small part of the emancipation, it more importantly gave the vote to men who didnt own their own property who were previously disenfranchised

• 3 weeks later...

ref no. showing hidden

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

That letter is NOT from Gladrags.

It's from Desperate Recovery Pass dressed in a Gladrags party frock. If it was from Gladrags, they'd be wanting you to pay them (rather than DRPL) so that they can get their cut out of your money.

This tactic of 'rent-a-letterhead' from a solicitors is completely against SRA rules, but no one at the SRA seems to give a fudge. So both DRPL and Gladrags exploit it to try and scare you in to paying them the money that you don't owe.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Thanks for the reply, you always make it very entertaining. BUT surely then by using others firms letter heads illegally they would fall at the first hurdle in any unlikely court case?

No, because it's not a LBA. It's just another tactic in the (supposed) debt recovery chain. If you read the letter again and take no notice of the flowery language, it's still full of "if", "might", "option", "consider" and doesn't say that anyone WILL do anything. They word these things very carefully so that they're not doing anything that's outright illegal, but only bending the rules to just before the moment that they snap.

I've just had another glance through this thread and you'll see that I predicted exactly this move in Post #6. They're well known for it.

• 1 month later...

The last time I heard from Gladstones was on 9th April, this is the longest time its been without hearing anything, up until now it had been about once a month since the original DRP Nov 17 letter. Maybe they have given up??

you still havent got it to sink in yet,

dca;s get paid to send out their tripe,

what has happened is they have not been given any more money to write this twaddle.

that doesnt automatically mean that Smart have given up but they have spent a few quid on nothing.

Now tell us what you have learnt from other posts and cases at Havens bank?

Its sinking in, it was just a loose comment really and maybe like you mentioned back in mid April, maybe this charade won't carry on after the 26th May.

It was with that in mind really that I posted my comment.

do a word search and you will see a number of posts about this place and mostly they are about the broken ticket machine or other problems that are entirely Smart's own doing.

when you have digested these you may feel equipped to take the matter further and find out who the landowner is and harangue them for letting a bunch of crooks loose on the public.

The council will know who the landowner is and so will the valuations agency if business rates are paid on the place ( that might be an interesting one to follow up)

• 4 weeks later...

I am now regarding my case as having died a death,

nothing from the idiots now since 9th April,

until then it was on average once a month since Nov17,

all very entertaining and I have collected quite a file,

they haven't been able to collect anything from me as I never scribbled a single word or took the effort to phone them so as far as they know I don't even exist!!

Maybe as someone in this thread mentioned the new privacy laws have messed them up more than they were already.

Oh well I suppose I better keep my file for a while yet incase they start squealing about again anytime soon!!

There has been loads of excellent advice on this forum and my advice for what its worth would be NEVER contact them at all, it puts them into a right quandary!!

Edited by dx100uk
merge

early days yet they have 6yrs

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

keep all the paperwork safe for at least 2 years as sometimes these companies get desperate and start sending out a new round of letters then.

this usually happens when they join those upright group at the IPC and they are ignorant on Will and John's record of screwing up court claims and losing their clients money.

once they have received a kick in the crackers a couple of times they tend to drop the rest and realise that they have been done over by soft soap.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

• 4 months later...

new thread please

and they