tax credits for couple where one is living abroad

mikehunt69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you need to stop posting irrelevant stuff tbh. Tax credits are based on income, no regard to capital. Building a house in the UK or anywhere else doesn't have anything to do with that. I think this was an ideological thing by Labour, to give as many people TCs as possible (but that's a digression), as UCs have a capital limit.

The point being raised is where is the money coming from to build the house abroad ? It is not our business, however, one of the questions on any benefit claim is access to money or assets in the UK or outside of the UK. Onviously you will realise the consequences of not answering any questions accurately, but there are many people out there, who might not consider this or be bothered, as they might think UK Government would not find out about money or assets abroad.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

To clarify they ask about all money/assets UK and abroad to assess income. If someone has property assets abroad, then the question is whether they have other sources of income.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

To clarify they ask about all money/assets UK and abroad to assess income. If someone has property assets abroad, then the question is whether they have other sources of income.

This is false.

I have the form in front of me.

Q1.1-10: address/name/NI number/phone./sex/residence

Q1.11-12: disability

Q1.13 - partner incapacitated

Q2 - children details

Q3 - childcare

Q4 - work details

Q5.1 - incomesupport/jsa/esa/pension

Q5.2 - taxable benefits

q5.3-5.5 - earnings from employment/self-employment

q5.6 - other income including foreign income

q5.7 is income estimated

q6 payment arrangements (weekly/monthly/bank)

that is all.

there is NOTHING about assets.

Thanks. Will have a look at that, as I thought there was something related to assets which were not the main UK family home. There was an assumed income or some affect on any UK benefit claim.

It does seem odd that soneone owning say several UK properties where no income was gained from ownership could claim tax credits, as an example.

Having just checked a site which covers tax credits, it is onlly income/profits that is derived from owning any second properties that would affect a tax credit claim. So if the foreign house was let out, then any income generated would be disclosed as foreign income.