Jump to content

Showing results for tags 'abroad'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • The Consumer Forums: The Mall
    • Welcome to the Consumer Forums
    • FAQs
    • Forum Rules - Please read before posting
    • Consumer Forums website - Post Your Questions & Suggestions about this site
    • Helpful Organisations
    • The Bear Garden – for off-topic chat
  • CAG Community centre
    • CAG Community Centre Subforums:-
  • Consumer TV/Radio Listings
    • Consumer TV and Radio Listings
  • CAG Library - Please register
    • CAG library Subforums
  • Banks, Loans & Credit
    • Bank and Finance Subforums:
    • Other Institutions
  • Retail and Non-retail Goods and Services
    • Non-Retail subforums
    • Retail Subforums
  • Work, Social and Community
    • Work, Social and Community Subforums:
  • Debt problems - including homes/ mortgages, PayDay Loans
    • Debt subforums:
    • PayDay loan and other Short Term Loans subforum:
  • Motoring
    • Motoring subforums
  • Legal Forums
    • Legal Issues subforums


  • News from the National Consumer Service
  • News from the Web


  • A Say in the Life of .....
  • Debt Diaries

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start




  1. There is a possibility of a job in Europe for me. Yay... I have dual brit and irish nationality, so no brexit worries about visas etc. I guess there are two scenarios - if brexit happens or if it doesn't happen... I suppose if it does happen I should consider it as worst case - it would be the same as going to some non EU/Non commonwealth country. If it doesn't happen, I still do not understand the current rules. They want to pay me via the french tax system, it will be full time, I have seen the income projection and tax etc and I am happy with it. I will still declare a self employed income in the UK due to small consultancy jobs and my small rental portfolio. also approx 60k a year. (30k each between me and wife) I am deeply confused about lots of stuff. 1) If I pay french taxes as Irish me do I have to pay any more tax on any euros I might bring back to the uk? 2) Will it have any bearing on my self employed income in the uk? 3) Will being away for any period effect my entitlement to NHS services and future state pension? Or anything else? will the kids be allowed back into UK state schools etc? And is there anything else I should be aware of? Like I know I will have a driving licence problem to solve as mine is UK.
  2. Hi, I am looking for advice please. At the moment I am heavily in debt with credit cards and for a few years now have been making agreed payments to my creditors on a pro rata basis. Although no interest is being charged there is no way I will be able to clear these debts in my lifetime without either going bankrupt or an IVA. I am 67 years of age and an IVA would take me to 73 and having to live on the breadline for the next 6 years isn't how I had planned my retirement. I have a mortgage and a 2nd charge both on an interest only basis if I were to sell then there wouldn't be a great deal of equity left. At current property prices I would be lucky to come away with £8k which wouldn't make much of a dent in my credit card debt. This would leave me penniless as I have no savings and no personal life insurance. I had planned to pay off the mortgage by cashing in my stocks and shares but the banking crisis wiped these out and what was left was sold to service my credit card payments following me losing my job on top of everything else. I would like to sell up and go live in Spain where property rentals are very reasonable and I could manage quite well on my works pension and state pension. I am not one to shirk my responsibilities and would try to continue paying off what I can but I don't want to start afresh with absolutely nothing. If possible I would like to keep a £4k cushion out of the sale proceeds of my house for contingencies such as funeral costs as I can't expect my siblings to pay for this and I have no other family. Most of my debt has been sold to the likes of Arrow Global , Cabot etc. I reckon they only paid a small percentage for taking on the risk. Is there any point in me appealing to their better nature and asking them to write off my debts or should I go down the route of an IVA? If I go for an IVA can I sell my house during it and then go live in Spain and just continue with the payments or would it be best to sell now and then go for an IVA. Sorry for the lengthy dialogue but as I don't have much of a lifespan left I would like to spend it relatively at peace.
  3. Got a Drone / Unmanned Aircraft and thinking of flying it in the UK or Abroad? Here we will explain to you the UK Law on using Drones / Unmanned Aircraft and the Drones Code for safe flying that you need to follow. Drones / Unmanned Aircraft have now become so popular in the UK and the laws relating to the flying of unmanned aircraft have evolved and there is now a UK Drone Code by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) which anyone flying a drone must adhere to. CAA Flying Drones: https://www.caa.co.uk/Consumers/Model-aircraft-and-drones/Flying-drones/ Drone Code: http://dronesafe.uk/drone-code/ Drone Code - 400ft (120m) SAFETY AWARENESS OF YOUR DRONE Always keep your Drone in line of sight Always stay below 400ft (120m) to comply with the drone code AWARE OF YOUR DRONE AT ALL TIMES Every time you fly your Drone you must follow the Manufacturers Instructions You must keep the right distance from People and Property --People & Properties - 150ft (50m) --Crowds & Built up areas - 500ft (150m) don’t overfly LEGAL Legal responsibility every time you fly a Drone lies with YOU and failure to fly responsibly could result in a Criminal Prosecution Stay well away from Aircraft, Airports & Airfields, if your Drone endangers the safety of an Aircraft it is a Criminal Offence REMEMBER Don’t fly near Airports or Airfield Remember to stay below 400ft (120m) Observe your drone at all times - stay 150ft (50m) away from People and Property Never fly near Aircraft Enjoy responsibly Sources of Interest for other Countries Australia Australian Government Civil Aviation Authority - Flying Drones Link: https://www.casa.gov.au/aircraft/landing-page/flying-drones-australia Austria https://www.austrocontrol.at/en/aviation_agency/licenses__permissions/flight_permissions/rpas Belgium http://mobilit.belgium.be/nl/luchtvaart Canada https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/drone-safety.html Cyprus http://www.mcw.gov.cy/mcw/dca/dca.nsf/All/BBFF6A8BE57D3C07C2257F45002657CC?OpenDocument&highlight=drones Czech Republic http://www.caa.cz/letadla-bez-pilota-na-palube/prehled-zakladnich-pozadavku-na-bezpilotni-systemy Finland http://www.trafi.fi/en/aviation/unmanned_aviation France http://www.developpement-durable.gouv.fr/Drones-civils-loisir-activite.html Ireland https://www.iaa.ie/general-aviation/drones Italy http://www.enac.gov.it/servizio/info_in_english/courtesy_translations/info-1220929004.html Luxembourg https://dac.public.lu/actualites/2014/2/General-conditions-for-unmanned-aircraft-system-_UAS_-operations-within-the-Luxembourg-airspace/index.html Netherlands https://www.ilent.nl/onderwerpen/transport/luchtvaart/dronevliegers/index.aspx New Zealand https://www.caa.govt.nz/rpas/index-2/#CAR Norway http://www.luftfartstilsynet.no/selvbetjening/allmennfly/Droner/Use_of_RPASDrones_in_Norway Romania http://www.caa.ro/stiri/guidelines-for-the-remotely-piloted-aircraft-systems-rpas-operation-within-the-romanian-airspace Slovakia http://letectvo.nsat.sk/letova-prevadzka/lietadla-sposobile-lietat-bez-pilota/ South Africa http://www.caa.co.za/Pages/RPAS/Remotely%20Piloted%20Aircraft%20Systems.aspx Sweden http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/en/Aviation/Aircraft/UAS/ United States of America https://www.faa.gov/uas/ Drones - Unmanned Aircraft Guidance.pdf
  4. If you are going on Holiday Abroad always check if you need any Immunisation/Medication beforehand for the areas you may be visiting. NHS Choices Travel Vaccinations: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/travel-vaccinations/ Travel Health Pro: https://travelhealthpro.org.uk/countries
  5. Today I received an email from PRA Group Dear XXXX Ref 1234567 Capital One Discount Availability: 65% Please note this offer will expire on 15/04/2018 Accept Offer ------ In 2010 I had a breakdown after being bullied at work, and was placed on unpaid sick leave. I managed to make the monthly payments but was made redundant five months later. I got married two weeks later. I was a non EU national and our spousal visa was declined so moved abroad to Spain. I contacted the CC provider as I had PPI, but was told that I wouldn't be eligible to claim as I wasn't registered with a UK employment agency seeking work. I disputed my PPI asking for a refund as I wasn't able to seek work in the UK due to my visa situation, but this dispute was rejected. I asked for my account to be closed and asked for a payment arrangement . They closed it but wouldn't come to an arrangement. I kept making adhoc payments, with the last being in November 2014, but had another breakdown and ceased payments. We are still living in Spain. Before I left the UK I changed my drivers licence to my new married name but it has now expired. I did update my bank account to my new address but didn't change my bank account name. I've since moved to a different part of Spain but haven't updated my bank account address. I've exclusively used my married name here in Spain. The debt was around £2,000 but penalties will have been added since 2010. I'm resentful of paying the debt as I feel I got screwed by PPI and we are now settled in Spain so won't be moving back to the UK. Are they likely to track me to Spain? Should I close my UK bank account to avoid it being linked?
  6. Hi, We are a married couple. We are entitled to tax credits but not universal credit (due to savings). However next week I am going abroad (out of the EU) where we are building a house. We are still a couple but as I understand it with me being out of the country I cannot be on a tax credit claim (even if this would reduce the amount we can claim). I'll probably come back to the UK in September, but that's not yet certain - it could be later but not earlier. Wife will come to see me in August for a month (she works in school so no problem) Apparently UC is being rolled out in our area in late 2018. So is it correct to apply for TCs now (or as soon as I leave in the country) in wife's name? (Money will go into joint account) When I return to the UK then would that be a new TC claim (so potentially going onto UC)? Or just a modification (we'd still be entitled to TCs if I'm here, it doesn't make too much difference to our income)?
  7. As per this post on the Parking Pranksters blog. You really couldn't make it up! Unless you're the BPA of course, then you can make up anything you'd like
  8. The facts are as follows: 1) I owe MBNA some £10k that has not been paid since November 2016 (so recent) and I imagine is about to default. Its a combination of balance transfers from cards that were used to fund my foreign studies. 2) Until now my parents have been transferring money to my bank account which I then forward to them as minimum payment. This is not sustainable for any of us and I am just barely paying the 28% interest. 3) I have lived abroad for a long time, but kept my UK accounts as they were useful but the situation has become critical. I did not inform any institution that I was abroad, and in any case, students are a special category in terms of continuing NHS care when studying abroad. I am currently in Eastern Europe but about to move to Hong Kong for work. 4) I have no assets of any kind, not even a TV in my parents bedroom, some old toys, about it. 5) I don't intend to return to the UK for a long time but I may live in the EU with my Italian girlfriend. I want to know what steps MBNA will take to recover this debt. The most important for me is that my parents are not harassed for my own decisions because I do not live at home or in the UK. I intend to deregister myself from the electoral roll/council tax list, I just have not had a chance to do so but I'll head home before departing to HK to take care of such procedural matters. I would be happy to close any other accounts and in any case they are not in use and will not be in use. I intend to inform them of my HK forwarding address, I believe that would be my legal obligation in any case, I presume this might also limit the visits that could potentially disturb my parents. Regardless of the moral implications of giving up on paying this debt and starting a new life, I am only interested in the legal ones, and especially to mitigate any stress that my parents could be subject to in terms of home visits from a bailiff if/were a CCJ issued. I am not even sure if they can get one and how it could be enforced in another country. According to my research, it would be statute barred from the last payment or the date of a CCJ. During those six (or more) years I want to ensure my parents are not subject to home visits, phone calls etc. Presently they are being called twice a day, but they won't speak to my parents, asking for me. To be clear, I won't be hiding in the backroom, or down the road or in another UK town. What steps should I take to ringfence any potential earnings in HK? There is a PhD on the cards which would probably take place in Italy, and again the question would be the feasibility of pursuing this debt etc (ignoring the post-Brexit scenario).
  9. I was driving in Hungary last summer and paid to drive on the motorway like i did the year before, i then received a letter from Euro Carparks EPC stating that i had been fine £54 but it was not clear what it was for t hey sent me picture photos, I tried to telephone them put after several attempts gave up because no one answered i email them and they took a couple for weeks to reply they said I had not paid the correct toll for my vehicle, I paid the fine and then received a letter stating that it had gone up to £185. because i had paid the fine i ignored one month late I get another letter stating that I had paid no fine and owed £185 and that it had to be paid by the 28th March, I emailed them and sent a recorded letter as advised to do by CAB. and again I waited a week until I received an email stating that I now owe £127. and I quote on this email it said ''Please note that any further communication which does not contain new pertinent information or evidence will not be entertained or replied to. Where do I stand do I pay it and put it down to experience or where do I stand if i don't pay it.
  10. Name of the Claimant - H Cohen Solicitors, Hoist 2 Ltd. Original creditor MKDP LLp (Ex HSBC). Date of issue: 12th September Acknowledgement submitted. What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? This claim is for the sum of £1089 in respect of monies owed pertinent to an overdraft facility under bank account number x. The debt was legally assigned by MKDP (Ex HSBC) to the claimant and notice has been served. The defendant has failed to repay overdraft sums owing under the terms and conditions of the bank account. The Claimant claim: 1. The sum of £1089 2. Interest charges persunt of the county court act 1964 at a rate of 8% from 24/09/12 to the date hereof 1436 is the sum of £343.06. 3. Future interest at the daily rate of .24 4. costs. Is the claim for a current account (Overdraft) or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Overdraft When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Account set up in early 2000s Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt purchaser Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Not sure. Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not sure. Why did you cease payments? I didn't, I was a student conducting fieldwork abroad. The overdraft was within its limit, but not enough money was paid into it. Whilst away, HSBC closed the overdraft facility and demanded full payment. (OD Limit was £1500, amount in account was -£1090) What was the date of your last payment? Early 2012 Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan? Unsure. Hello and thank you for any help. I am a UK citizen but have been living and working abroad for three years - Estonia and Hungary. This is making it very hard for me to deal with this... I was unaware of being chased for this debt. I recently found out about a court summons as post was forwarded to a family member. I called Cohen and Hoist about this debt asking for documents to prove to me the age and the fact it is mine and they said they did not have these. The debt is from 2012, I tried to get access to my statutory C report but as I am a resident abroad this is very difficult and basically is not possible. I have sent a CCA request and CPR 31.14. These were only sent today. I have very little time to submit my defense. I have a defense written - can I submit this even though the solicitors have not had the time to respond? I basically want to say - I don't know what this is, I would like them to show me documentation. 1. I received the claim xxxxxx from the Northampton County Court on 12th September. 2: Each and every allegation in the Claimants statement of case is denied unless specifically admitted in this Defence. 3: This claim appears to be for an overdraft agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. 4: The Claimants statement of case fails to give adequate information to enable me to properly assess my position with regards the claim. 4.(a). The defendant is unable to reconcile the amount claimed with any account he may have had with the original credit and remains at a disadvantage not having access to relevant record. 5. The defendant is Litigant in and domiciled outside the UK requests for inspection of documents on which the claimant intends to rely have been made via the provisions of CCA 1974 and CPR31.4 and he awaits replies. - I am well out of my comfort zone here, this process has caused considerable stress in the last week, please excuse any ignorance on my side! - I am really struggling with this - is what I have written above logical? Is there something wrong with this, should I be doing something else? What happens next - where does the process go from here? Thank you very much for any help.
  11. I called EE stating that I moved abroad and they won't cancel my contract as I've only been in it for 4 months and would have to pay £631 for termination fee. I asked if it was possible to change my contract to pay less and they said no. Is there any way to get out of this contract without them being unfair?
  12. Hi, I've read most of the threads here on this topic, but I have a few questions still. My story: I became a non UK resident, outside the EU, in May 2015. In July 2016, I became aware that a professional services fee I had ran up had a balance owing still, 4800 GBP or so, out of an original 23 000, and that a judgement in default had been issued against my last UK address in June 2016. I dispute that all of this money is owed, but a slightly different story. I have no UK assets. I have evidence (e-mail) confirming they knew my residential address and residence status, but yet they issued against my last UK address anyway. Rather than leave this to chance that it will go away, I have engaged a law firm in the UK to deal with this matter for me. This is where my questions come and solicitors never seem to give definitive answers. From what I understand from reading here, the other party have knowingly abused to court process in the UK and that they should not have issued against an address they knew me not to be resident at. Many others seem to say it is then a simple matter of getting it set aside, but there are some stories on this forum stating it is not that simple. It seems once it is issued, rightly or wrongly, it isn't easy to get rid of it and when people start the process, it seems people pull out of the proceedings early, so it leaves me not knowing what the actual legal precedence is. What is the actual reality? No UK assets, proof the other party knew of my correct residential status, automatically, after some hoops, removed? Or is it a case that it is up to the discretion of the judge?
  13. Hi, new to this site, I'm hoping someone will give me some advise as can't seem to find anything about it online. Does anyone know what the rules are for going abroad to the EU on holiday for a few days with my 2 children and another adult ? I am a single parent and am not living with this adult. I'm on CHild Tax Credit as a single person with 2 kids, married but permanently separated. I am worried something will flag up although there is nothing sinister about it and I'm accused of Living with this adult. Thank you Loulou
  14. Writing this on behalf of my missus. She runs a newborn/wedding photography service and has a facebook page to advertise it. https://www.facebook.com/AG-Photography-201381183294753/ She only recently noticed that, the profile pictures she uses on this page, appeared on several pages (used 'image search' in Chrome). This is understandable as she also has a Pinterest page and most of the results are pinterest pins etc. But the problem is that there is a few pages that offer various services like E-cards, phone covers and even a resort in Portugal, that use her photo on their pages. She can prove that she's the owner of the said photo, as she's still got original camera files and SD card. Links to websites that use here image for advertising: Portugal resort: http://www.montedaquintaresort.com/en/resort/kidsclub/ France (?): http://www.coque-design.com/lg-optimus-g-pro-/1426-coque-personnalisee-lg-optimus-g-pro.html USA: http://www.yourecards.net/ecards/baby-black-and-white-cute-inspiring-picture-on-favimcom/cardid62590/card.html?catid=126 I told her that I don't think there's much we can do here, as these websites are registered abroad, but you know women - so I came here to ask for some advice. To me it's clearly a breach of copyright - especially when websites advertise their services and earn money using her photo. Waiting for some helpful advice Thanks
  15. I've lived in Latin America since I finished university in 2010. Yesterday I was given a letter which had been sent from the UK almost a year ago (dated August 21st 2014) saying my account is in arrears by over 1300 pounds. God knows what that has escalated to by now. A few weeks ago, someone called at my dad's house in the UK looking for me - I'm guessing that that is whatever debt collection agency they've sent after me. 1300 GBP is is pretty close to what I earn in a year in this part of the world (basically a volunteer worker) and I've never earned anywhere near their threshold for paying them back. I think this demand for money has been triggered because there was no contact between me and them throughout 2014 (googling this seems to show that you're supposed to submit forms every 12 months, not that they ever told me that). Obviously I cannot pay them back anything as I simply don't have it, and will not have it for the forseeable future. I've emailed them a response asking them to phone me, but until then I'd appreciate it if anyone could shine some light on what I should be expecting here. Basically, what do I do? And what about if it has gone to debt collectors, which I suspect it has?
  16. A CCJ has been set against me while I was abroad by the Northampton county court. The judgment was made in February 2015 I have been living in Paris since September 2014. I only found out about this after I checked my credit file. The amount is for £609. I intend to have this set aside by making a N244 application. At the moment I am thinking that I will base my defence on the fact that I was not served the court papers due to the fact that I didn't recieve the court papers as I am living in Paris. So I wasn't given the opportunity defend or dispute the claim. Crucially, I was also denied the opportunity to settle the claim within 28 days which would have had the claim set aside automatically. I can prove that I have been living in Paris. Any help on or insight will be greatly appreciated.
  17. Hi, I need some input, I am a consultant for a UK based company, and was asked if I wanted to move abroad to paris, the salary was the same as UK at the time but over the year the euro has decreased in Value over time to the point it is significantly less, (2-3 thousand less) The contract I signed did not take into account any changes in exchange rates hence I fear there is nothing I can do about it, would you recommend negotiating a better salary (they have said it is non- negotiable) or joining a workers union to help me out Thanks
  18. Hello all, Thanks in advance for having a look at my post. I've been abroad since finishing university in 2004, while my loan was taken out in 1999 making it a new style loan. No contact was made by either side (i did not tell them I was moving abroad nor gave any info about my work life) until march this year when my old UK address received a letter asking for income info. I sent a reply stating I am abroad and working and an SAR to boot. 2 months later no reply. I am about to sent the "no reply to SAR within 40 days" letter but I'm worried about follow up. I no longer have an official UK address, will this hamper me going through the county courts? What can I expect to gain by doing so over data protection? I hope I've been clear General advice would also be most welcome! Thank you, dale
  19. I have booked my summer holidays in Spain, also made a reservation to hire a car for the duration. Just discovered that as of 8th June 2015 the DVLA are scrapping the paper counterpart of the UK drivers licence. This will have an enormous impact on everyone who wants to hire a car either at home or abroad. ............This is the first I have heard of this: Check it out; https://www.gov.uk/government/news/driving-licence-changes If this goes ahead...............you will have to get all this information before hiring any vehicle. Any Thoughts?
  20. Hello CAG posters, Any advice on my current predicament would be MUCH appreciated: Last July I was caught on the TFL network for using a friend's Freedom Pass. I provided my parents' address (genuine, and it was checked via a phone call to Inland Revenue). I admitted that I was trying to save money and when asked why I did this, I replied that I would be leaving the country to volunteer abroad for a year and needed to save some money. My parents received a bailiff letter last week to collect a sum of over 800 pounds. I imagine this is because I received a court summons and did not attend the hearing. However, I left the country mid-August last year (I have evidence to prove this: contract with NGO; entry stamp at airport). I am due to return to the UK in a couple of months but am really worried about: a) getting arrested at the airport b) having to pay the new sum of over 800 pounds What are my options and how I can limit these hefty costs? Please, I know I have been very stupid in this regard, but don't need any more guilt trips. I have registered on this forum for professional advice and would be very grateful for any such posts. Many thanks
  21. I wonder if someone can help me. We moved to Canada 5 years ago and have been paying some credit cards & loans through our uk bank account. Unfortunately the bank closed our account this month. Does anyone know how I can pay my bills from overseas. Contacted Cahoot they said sorry there is no way. Amex has an account but it will cost me dearly to transfer money to the account. Is there anything like paypal that will allow me to pay these accounts Thanks for your help
  22. Hi, I recently tried to transfer money via Iqra finance. Their website can be found by the name of iqragroup. In their website it says: FSA Registered 506617; HMRC Registered 12152234; Company Registered in England & Wales 5398731; ATOL Protected 6954. I withdraw cash from my current account and paid Iqra by cash to be sent money to Bangladesh on the 12th of December and since then whenever I call them to know the status of the transaction, they say the money has reached the account but its not. I went to their office and showed them the current bank statement in Bangladesh where I sent the money to, to prove that the money is still not there. The manager told me the money will be there next day and I checked next day and the following day and again and again with no luck. All I have is a receipt from Iqra in their official pad. I desparately need the money in my country right now. Any suggestions what can I do now please?
  23. Hello everyone, I will be leaving the UK soon to move to Australia and set up a new life with my partner. I have debt on credit cards and loans with a few different banks. With circumstances over the next couple of years probably won't be in a position to pay them back. As I need to move to Australia soon I was just going to move and then when I was in a position to pay them back personally and financially in a couple of years get in contact with the banks then. My question is, is it better to: 1) Just disappear and not tell the banks I have moved to Australia so it reduces the chance of debt collecting agencies chasing me in Australia or 2) Tell the banks I am living in Australia so they cannot get a CCJ against me at my last known address in my absence. To be honest I was just going to move without contacting the banks and deal with it all down the line. However I have read on here that Australia has a reciprocal enforcement agreement that could be enforced if a CCJ is logged against me. Therefore am I better telling the banks I am outside the uk so they can not give me a CCJ as unless I am mistaken the only way I could get trouble in Australia for my outstanding debt is if the CCJ is given then enforced. But if I tell them where I am living will I not just get bombarded with calls and letters harassing me?? Any guidance would be very much appreciated. Thanks
  24. Got a NIP for 37 in a 30mph zone. asking for a photo and camera calibration certificate. I've also stated in the letter that it's likely I will be travelling abroad for quite a while (up to 6 months), and don't know exactly where I'll be staying. I've provided them with the address of the first hotel I'll be staying in, and that they must write to that address or i won't see any correspondence.The hotel will forward any letters once I've stopped staying there. I'm concerned they'll ignore what I've told them, and they'll end up writing to my uk address, and I won't see the letters. Not sure what else i can do. Obviously not willing to name myself as the driver until I see the photo, as it could have been my colleague driving at the time of the offence.
  25. Hi guys I need some help, i applied for esa on 8th April as i am going through bad anxiety and PTSD. After few days they sent my statement back and ask for doctor's note which i sent on 18th April. On 19th i got sms from Jobcentre that they have all information and they will contact me with the decision. I also received the letter from Jobcentre saying that i am pleased to you that we can pay esa form 8th April you will get £84 a week etc. I rang Jobcentre on 25th April and i was surprised when they said they have not received my sick note and i need to ring on Monday to find out. I rang today and got another surprise when they said you need to send the ESA50 form back then we can release the payment. Can anybody tell me if this is true i am totally confused and upset as i cant fill this ESA50 as its too difficult. I made an appointment with local cab but the date is too far and i dont know what to do. Thanks
  • Create New...