• Tweets

• Ok, so just been to see my friend, she still has her head firmly in the sand and had a pile of unopened post, thankfully nothing serious apart from this case!    In answer to your question it says N24 General Directions Order at the bottom of the page, then on page 2 where the line says "As a result of an order made on the 1 May 2024, this claim has been transferred to the county court at ##### (friends local court) " this is N271 Notice of transfer of proceedings.  Within the stack of letters I found 2 from Kearns Solicitors,    02-12-2022 Document pack with covering letter stating under the s78 CCA please see enclosed  1) A copy of the executed Credit Agreement, 2)  A copy of the terms & conditions 3) A copy of the varied terms & conditions applicable at termination / assignment, and  4) A statement regarding the conduct of your account as requested by s78(1)(a) to (c)  (Would you like me to describe the documents attached?)   18-02-2023 Generic letter asking for her to contact them to discuss settlement or they will take to court for further legal action. 
    • well you made the cardinal sin by phoning these scammers at least once so their persistence could go on. however you are new so there you go. you never ever ever phone any of these likes of scammers on these fake schemes that seem plausible.  just like a DCA chasing any old debt .. they are NOT BAILIFFS and have  ZERO legal powers to actually do anything. dx  
    • Okay understood now just based on personal experience how long does this go on for 
    • civil recovery schemes run by the likes of RLP DWF etc etc are a scam. totally IGNORE EVERYTHING. no if's or but's dx  
    • I’m 17 years old and Received 2 letters from dwf with my name spelt wrong and they are asking for for £230.40. I rang dwf civil recovery the first time upon taking advice from citizens advice to explain to delay to deadline as I was in the process of receiving advice which wasn’t much help. When that deadline was done I then called again to delay the deadline as I’m struggling financially and it’s lot of money they are asking for and I tried to dispute the cost to which they said okay we will delay it another 7 days for you to dispute the cost but I asked them how do I dispute this to you or Sainsbury’s and they said “we can’t advise you on this matter” I’ve read a lot of threads saying to ignore them but I was unsure now as I’ve made contact and have tried to dispute the payment and pay it which might mean I have admitted. Would they just persist harder and take me to court eventually or file for a ccj.   I would like to ignore them still but I would like to send a strong email so they know I’m clued up and then ignore them. I also want to pay the reasonable amount and get this matter solved. any advice on the law or similar situations are helpful when I called them I asked for an itemised bill. £101 stolen goods  ( supposedly caught me because they watched me on cctv over the duration of the week) also why did they not stop me in the first day. £20.40 recovered goods £150 security costs     Thank you 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Car repo'd CCJ sent to wrong address, amount owed is extortionate -bailiffs attentding

dmjnew
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2665 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Im hoping for some help on this please.

I took out finance december 2015 on a vehicle,

immediately fell into difficulties in January and had the car repossessed.

I was in complete communication with the finance company,

met the transporter to recover the car and kept talking with them throughout.

They explained that there may be a shortfall from the resale of the vehicle which i appreciated

I heard nothing for a month or so,

but expecting there to be some shortfall emailed the company to find out what happened next

. I then had a letter sent to my address from their solicitors saying a CCJ had been registered and that I had to reply to the CCJ that would be sent.

Next thing I received was a CCJ had been awarded to the claimant asking for £392 a month to cover the balance of almost £8k

- when only £9k was borrowed,

the car was returned in immaculate condition and was resold almost immediately for over £8k (internet search showed this)

I found out that despite having my correct address, the ccj was sent to my previous address.

Where do i stand in having to pay back almost 90% of the finance despite no longer having the vehicle?

And where do i stand that I have never had the oppurtunity to represent myself in court to explain that the vehicle was returned due to the fact that the finance company explained the shortfall would only be small and manageable?

Thanks in advance

Was they aware you had changed address or did you not inform them dmjnew ?

PS Welcome to CAG

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

They should have been aware

The vehicle was collected from new address

Also when I emailed in asking what shortfall there was etc.. the letter I received from their solicitors stating that I would have to await the CCJ paperwork came to my new address, as have all subsequent dealings.

When I have spoken to the solicitors, initially they said that everything has been sent to my current address, but they then found that the CCJ was sent to my previous

Excellent so you have absolute proof they were aware......I highlight this because previous known address is legally acceptable for the service of documents and deemed good service.

But.....as you have evidence they were aware then you have excellent grounds now to set a side the judgment and challenge them from the start.

Your thread title refers to Bailiffs attending...what stage are you at with regards to enforcement ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

We get lots of stories of people having to make up shortfall but the figures you are referring to here seem very excessive.

You say that bailiffs are attending. Have they already attended? You haven't referred to it again in your story.

I think you need to start off by gathering all information. I think you need to understand exactly how the claim figure has been arrived at and whether you are being treated fairly. Which finance company are you dealing with? Which solicitors are you dealing with?

It does seem very extraordinary to me that important information which would have informed you as to the exact situation manages to have gone to the wrong address, but important information after the judgement seems to be going to you quite happily.

I think that you need to send an SAR to the finance company – although this will take the 40 days. Additionally, I suggest that you phone the insurance company and asked them for a full statement of account. You need to see all of the figures and you need to get proper confirmation of the price for which the vehicle was sold.

I suggest that you contact the solicitors well – initially by telephone – and point out to them that you had no details of anything including no advance documentation, no letters before action, no statement of account, no claim form et cetera and I would ask them to give you a copy of everything. Keep it polite – but record the call. Read our customer services guide. Record the call as a priority. Same for the finance company.

As the solicitors appear to agree that they have been sending documentation to the incorrect address, if they cause any problems about letting you have the documentation you require, then I would explain to them that if you do not receive the documentation, that you will apply to the court for a set-aside and that your application will include a request that your costs of the application are met by them as it is clear that they have been mis-addressing the correspondence.

Gathering information is the most important priority here so you can understand exactly the story.

If you find that the shortfall has been increased by unreasonable charges and even solicitors costs which wouldn't normally be available on a small claim then I think that a set-aside should be obtained in any event and then you can put in a defence and challenge the sum. If you find that you are being treated unfairly that I think may be a counterclaim for unfair treatment could be a way to go.

However, this is all fairly speculative until you get all the information so you have the whole picture.

I bet they never told you ylj could vt for only 50% of the agreement

And charged you all manner of fees like repo etc etc

Name the seller and the finance co. Please

You've been had blind

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have been trying to discuss this with the finance companies solicitors, who i believe to just be a sub section of the finance company.

I have received a letter stating that I have to make a payment of £394 by tomorrow from the courts, however received a visitor from the Bailiff today regarding notice of first visit.

I have argued with the solicitors that this is no fair, as had I know that the charges / shortfall would be so high I never would have left my self in this position. Essentially I have been charged £8000 for borrowing a vehicle for one month!

Do i phone the insurance company for a full statement of accounts, or the finance company?

I bet they never told you ylj could vt for only 50% of the agreement

And charged you all manner of fees like repo etc etc

Name the seller and the finance co. Please

You've been had blind

Publicly or to you directly?

I was told that given my circumstances it probably made sense to hand the vehicle back and that the fact i was being helpful and open would all act in my favour.

I would just concentrate on making the relevant applications for now to suspend the warrant (if any issued) using the N245 and set a side the judgment using the n244...time is of the essence..you can reserach the ins and outs of the claim once you have the applications rolling.

no they ripped you off

you could have Voluntarily Terminated the agreement for a total of 50%

but YOU have to do it as THEY wont tell you

as they'll want to do Voluntary surrender

whereby you pay everything and the only 'discount' you get for being 'honest and upfront'

is the sale of the car taken off the figure.

ripped off blind

NAME NAMES please

but you must ge the CCJ dealt with first

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would just concentrate on making the relevant applications for now to suspend the warrant (if any issued) using the N245 and set a side the judgment using the n244...time is of the essence..you can reserach the ins and outs of the claim once you have the applications rolling.

Thanks to everyone for taking their time to respond to my issues.

How do i go about filling in these forms,

in person at a court, online etc?

Are there any caveats or special wording to make them more likely to succeed?

Also is there a cost involved.

Im on my absolute bottom at the moment and literally have nothing for a few weeks, including oil in the tank, heating or hot water...

all good fun with a 6 year old and an 8 week old baby!!

Sorry for the sob story :)

no they ripped you off

you could have Voluntarily Terminated the agreement for a total of 50%

but YOU have to do it as THEY wont tell you

as they'll want to do Voluntary surrender

whereby you pay everything and the only 'discount' you get for being 'honest and upfront'

is the sale of the car taken off the figure.

ripped off blind

NAME NAMES please

but you must ge the CCJ dealt with first

Get the CCJ dealt with in the form of set aside etc.

. or get it dealt with as in pay it?

as post 9

the forms are in our legal section of the library

dx

and they

and they

If being unable to pay the fees (which you will claim back within the application) please read the following link as you make qualify for exemption

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?406096-LEGAL-EX160-160A-Court-Fees-are-you-exempt.-**Correct-as-at-April-2016**

If you follow the set-aside link, you will get some advice about how to deal with this. One thing that will save you a lot of time is if you try to discuss it with the solicitors and get their consent. Please follow the link for advice.

Secondly, in addition to the very good advice to you are receiving above, getting all the information together is really essential. I think you need really to find out exactly what the claim was about et cetera before you even start making a set-aside application. Although you say that the solicitors have agreed that the CCJ has been sent to the wrong address, have they confirmed this in writing or do you have evidence such as a telephone call recording?

Also, I have already suggested that you should send an SAR. You would be very wrong not to do this. It takes a long time to get the disclosure back and you should get this going straight away. It's a £10 fee but it is money well spent.

Finally, you have been asked by couple of people the names of the firms that you are dealing with and I am not sure that you have given us an answer.

You can be certain that if the errors are really innocent errors, then there will be embarrassment about it and there will be a good chance that they will simply want to try and enforce the judgement and make it less likely that you are going to get a set-aside.

Please let us know what evidence you have got that the solicitors agree that documents have been sent to the wrong address. Also, I think it's important to know how much documentation has been sent to the wrong address. All of this information is really necessary preparation for making a set-aside application.

If you don't have any evidence of their error then I think it will be very important for you to discuss it with them on the phone – recording the call, of course – and then follow it up with a letter, confirming their error and also asking them in writing for a copy of all documentation – correspondence court papers et cetera which was sent to the wrong address.

If they really have made these errors then there should be no reason why they shouldn't let you have a full file within about seven days. If they cause any objection then please let us know.

Agree get the SAR running ASAP

Do you have a copy of the original agreement

If so post it up minus personal details when you have time

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.