style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2696 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All!

Wondering if anyone can give me some advice please. I live in a flat where I am using it for an online business however it's presently dormant and has been since the start. There are no goods involved, it's just a free website. I had to register this under my home address however I am wondering if this would have an effect on the communal buildings insurance policy I have? (residential) Would it void it?

Please can someone who know this get back to me..

Regards

Depends on your leasehold agreement. You would need to read it, to see if it states that no business may be conducted from or registered to any address.

I doubt this is the case and there should be no affect on any Insurances. It would be different if you were running a business selling goods or services with visitors to the flat.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

registered address is not the same as running a business from the same address. It is just the place where legal docs may be served. So, no adverse effect and you wont even need to tell them. Your lease would specify about running a business from home as to what is and isnt allowed. At my old house I couldnt store sand or gravel for sale and where I am now I cant build a pub!

registered address is not the same as running a business from the same address. It is just the place where legal docs may be served. So, no adverse effect and you wont even need to tell them. Your lease would specify about running a business from home as to what is and isnt allowed. At my old house I couldnt store sand or gravel for sale and where I am now I cant build a pub!

That's a real shame!!! 😂😂😂

registered address, business address the same. What matters is if the lease forbids you from running a business from home and even then it may be use of the residential for business purposes like owning a plumbing co, where you always go out to someone else's place is not considered running a business from there. Online business? What is that? nothing unless you are trying to claim business rates exemption on one room that you have notified the council/VA is purely for business use with a separate electricty supply and so on or have customers traipsing through your lounge every day. Use a bit of common sense, you dont actually have a business anyway.