Cabot/Nolans scottish 1a Summary Claim - Merged HBOS debts **WON Decree absolvitor**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you proved sb

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I still haven't had any further information sent to me about the phantom payment dates they mentioned. Bank of Scotland were unable to provide me with the info I needed when I visited a branch in December.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

You don't need the pursurer to send you anything

Take a punt again

Go ring HBOS and try again

You might get a helpful agent

Ideally you need to prove sb

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I done a bit of research on Robinson Way and some of their antics in the past.

.Very worried that they've opportunistically allocated a payment I made on an account that fell behind (mobile phone) to this to avoid statute barred.

I've never paid anything to them before or since -

the exact amount equated to my monthly mobile phone bill at the time as well.

robbersway are not linked to cabot

unless they were chasing for the OC before the debt was sold.

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Just sending the form back today. I'm greatly for the help & support you guys have given.

None of the parties involved in this have presented me with evidence of these so-called payments. Had a complaint acknowledgment from Cabot but no actual follow-up.

Should there be anything beyond me stating I believe the debt to be statute barred, listing the fact I've been provided with dates but not amounts or payment methods.

Ok – things have changed quite drastically now.

Just spoke to Cabot & Nolans have sent payments of £78 on 28/11/16 & 28/12/16 for £88.85

Cabot now also saying the 2 payment dates they had related to the credit card & that there is no payments within the last 6 years to the overdraft.

So I’ve basically been the victim of fraud now.

False alarm...Cabot made an arse of it - those amounts were court fees, not payments

so all the way back [again] to post 4 then.

on page 7 blank out almost everything

you will be attending

you will be filing a defence

then debt is statute barred.

then copy it

and go hand it in at the sheriffs clerks office

and they

Can't really keep explaining why you should not be using the phone ever on debts

and they

Thanks again for the pointers

- I take it I list about the debt being statute barred on page where it says to list any facts regarding the circumstances of the claim on which I intend to rely, & leave the bit above about details of any counterclaim blank?

ah this is a summary cause

yes just add the debt is statute barred on page 7

page 6 as was

theres a thread here with a recent one in .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?473593-Capquest-Shoesmiths-Summary-Cause-Summons-old-Shop-direct-cat-debt&p=4988003#post4988003

and they

due today make SURE you take it to the court

and they

It arrived with them before 12pm today.

Cabot, needless to say, did not respond to me yesterday because as suspected.

I get what you've said about wasting time calling but I have everything detailed & during the call they've inadvertently confirmed that even they view part of this as statute barred.

but are they not using dates from a vanquis account to confuse themselves.??

their claim states.

24/06/2001 & 14/09/2001

enter agreements so must provide signed paperwork

they cant claim one was an OD as that's not as such under the consumer credit act

last payments 24/6/12 & 21/02/13..

that's what they need to counter.

and they

I was clearly a typo on one of the very first letters they sent to me. The summons focuses on BoS

Visited a BoS branch twice to try and get account statements & they were unable to provide me with them.

I totally accept I've opened myself up to being messed about by calling Cabot but it was done from work so I can detail all calls & what was said.

One of their complaints people told me on Wednesday both payments related to the credit card portion of this debt - I tried to reaffirm this today & they more or less refused to answer.

Today they actually refused to converse with me about the account as it was with Nolans so they put me through to a different complaint handler.

They still don't have the information - the guy on Wednesday claimed he'd requested the last 6 payments on each account.

They're rumbled & they know it.....I'll be investigating all avenues possible once this is dealt with.

With regard to the first of the first account opening date,

I was under the age of 18 at the time..

..sure it was one of my parents who actually opened the account

- the overdraft wasn't started until numerous months after the current account was open.

well write all of this down as it could prove useful to you on the day of the hearing

esp if the local rep states they wish more time to gather the paperwork.

if you get a good sheriff, which most of them are, they know the games these fleecers play and will invite you to comment.

its only a table down the front anyway. very informal.

if you do get a spare morning

its always worthy to go sit in the public bit in the court where these are heard 'en-mass' from about 10AM.

then you'll get a feel for how these things run.

dx

and they

Thanks DX - funnily enough, just had yet another call from Cabot - they have confirmed that Lloyds are unable to provide them with any information what so ever relating to the overdraft piece, however they are stating that account statements on the credit card us due with Nolans next week.

Curiously, the amount they are claiming I paid towards the outstanding balance of the credit card in June 2012 was in fact the entire outstanding balance - which if true how do I actually owe them any money? :D

They are telling me to contact Nolans now - frankly the lady was very nice and after trying to end the call multiple times & palm me to Nolans she ended up telling me more than she should have.

Based upon what has happened so far & the great advice from DX, I’m anticipating that it’s likely Nolans will ask for further time on this which I can hopefully throw out.

Cabot have now confirmed that they are unable to obtain any information in relation to the current account/overdraft piece – I asked if they were unable to provide proof of payments they claim I’ve made and the woman said that they cannot get a hold of anything at all – credit agreement, statements….nothing. So for Nolans to pursue this despite this information would be interesting.

Is there any value in me contacting Nolans today to ask what they will be doing now that they are unable to prove this portion?

You could invite them to Discontinue their claim...or Abandonment as it is in Scottish Law

ACT OF SEDERUNT (SMALL CLAIM RULES) 2002 NO. 133

CHAPTER 19 ABANDONMENT

19.1 Abandonment of claim

Abandonment of claim

19.1. (1) At any time prior to decree being granted, the pursuer may offer to abandon the claim.

(2) If the pursuer offers to abandon, the sheriff clerk must assess the expenses payable by the pursuer to the defender on such basis as the sheriff may direct subject to the provisions of section 36B of the 1971 Act and rule 21.6, and the claim must be continued to the first appropriate court occurring not sooner than 14 days thereafter.

(3) If before the continued diet the pursuer makes payment to the defender of the amount fixed under paragraph (2), the sheriff must dismiss the action unless the pursuer consents to absolvitor.

(4) If before the continued diet the pursuer fails to pay the amount fixed under paragraph (2), the defender shall be entitled to decree of absolvitor with expenses.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy - just want to be prepared against them asking for more time when time really isn't the issue. It's the fact they cannot prove their claim that is.

To that end, wonder if it's worth writing or calling?

Im not really up to speed with the Scottish Process but you can check here with regards to dealing with the claim from here on.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/rules-and-practice/rules-of-court/sheriff-court---civil-procedure-rules/small-claim-rules

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

As its not actual legal advise your require

but procedural advice you want

theres no problem with your ringing the Clerk to the sheriff's office and asking

all the ones I've deal with I think have only been 1a claims and simply were left sisted.

and they

Cheers DX - I'm pretty sure Cabot were honest with me on Friday about them not having info on the current account piece but given how these people work I remain wary of them being less than truthful to me.

I'll call the clerk later today and see what they say.