Backdoor Decree Cabot/Nolan - Vanquis Card debt - poss SB'd?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I’m hoping someone on here can help me.

Years ago (young and stupid) I defaulted on a credit card buried my head in the sand. I hadn’t heard anything for years.

a few weeks ago I received a letter from Nolan’s solicitors with a notice of intention to serve charge and attachment. (I actually don’t even know what this is) this is the first contact Iv had from any company about this debt in at least 4 years despite them stating otherwise.

I was under the impression that with Scottish law that this debt would be statue barred under the prescription and limitation act after 5 years in Scotland. No payment or contact had been made since June 2016. 

Nolan’s have backed off for the time being although they are extremely threatening and rude!

i received a letter from Cabot stating that they took me to court and a decree was obtained in March 2021

I have no paperwork or anything to say that this was happening or has happened?? 

Can anyone advise on what I should be doing now? 

Thanks in advance 

• dx100uk changed the title to Backdoor Decree Cabot/Nolan - Vanquis Card debt - poss SB'd?

id be removing that ref number top right.

moved to the scottish legal financial forum

so a backdoor decree cause you ran away from your debts and did not inform the debt owners of your new address.

very rare for a backdoor decree as all court summons 'should' be served person to person in scotland by officers of the sheriff. 

but thats cabot/nolans for you

worst fleecers out there.

when you sort that ref number can you also scan up aLL letters in/out to one mass pdf.

lets see where things really stand and if this is simply a threat-o-gram as they magically just found you.

what date did you move too please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your reply I have tried to sort out the ref number but it won’t let me edit the original post?  Iv reported it and hopefully someone will remove it for me. 

I have certainly never had any officers at my door face to face the letter I got from Nolan’s was sent via Royal Mail. I only have the 1 letter from Nolans and then the one I uploaded from Cabot this is the only communication I have from them in years! I moved address end of 2016. Do you want to see a copy of the Nolans notice? I’ll upload it in pdf

Scan 15 May 23 · 12·35·22.pdf

as i said everything bothsides in/out to date please inc your letter to them please

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

and?

dx

and they