• Tweets

• By not sticking to the deadline which you set you have lost credibility. Your letter of claim becomes one of hundreds of others which they receive and which they put in the bin because they think that you are just bluffing.  
    • 05.05.24 Ever so sorry if I have entered this in the wrong part of this website.   My grandfather is in his 70's and retired.  He asked me to help him find a work pension that he was paying into when he was working. From 1967 - 1982 he worked for a Fabric Dying Company, Celanese, Spondon Derby UK. I have already used the GOV.uk Trace Pension Scheme. It listed a few pension companies : Akzo Nobel (CPS) Pension Scheme formerly Courtaulds Pension Scheme.  I do not fully understand how this works but I think this scheme is administer by a company called Willis Tower Watson. We have called this company, got through to the pension department submitted all my grandfather's details (D.O.B. , N.I. no. etc.) but that agent tells that they have no record of my grandfather and ask what is the name of the pension scheme. Here is the problem, his home was burgalled in 2005 and a briefcase which contained his legal documents was stolen. So he does not know who was the Pension Scheme company. I have a this phone number 01332 681 210 for Celanese but it just rings and never gets answered. So I am asking for help if anyone can tell us where we can try next. I am also hoping for a massive long shot that one of them members on this website, worked for or knows someone who worked for British Celanese Spondon Derby and could tell us of any pension company. Thanks for any help.
    • Well I sent them the letter of claim, the only responses so far was a few emails reopening the claims on the parcels where they asked for information such as proof of value (which I get) but other things like photos of the parcels, which I haven't got as I never took photos of them. It's been well over the 14 days since I sent the letter now anyway, so what do you think I should do now?
    • Know it has already been answered, but? Does not explain why JCI has registered a different default date when they get the information from the original creditor, Virgin
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Fit4less Harlands

JoshUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2729 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined this gym in May 2016

went for about 2/3 weeks before things changed and

i stopped going 5 months later

I realise I am still paying my direct debit which is totally my fault as i simply forgot to cancel it.

October 2016 I cancel it after the payment came out £19.99.

Funny enough I get a letter through the door a day or 2 later saying that your direct debit had been cancelled we see this as a mistake.

Please get in touch with us to reinstate your direct debit.

(Amazing that I have been paying for the past 5 months and not going at all but never got a letter to see what was happening but money stops and bang they are there)

I simply ignored this letter because i did not wish to carry on my membership.

2 days ago i received another letter saying that I have missed my payment for November 2016 due to this payment being missed you have incurred a £20 admin charge which leaves my account in arrears by £39.99.

In the letter it says we remind you that under the terms of your membership you need to provide 1 months notice and therefore make another payment. Failure to do so will result in further action.

Now I do not think i should have to pay anything

I never signed a contract,

never saw any terms and conditions nothing.

The website even says no contract, in fact when I signed up I told the person I only wanted 1 month.

now i am not sure what I should do, do i just ignore these letters? or just pay to get them off my backs?

I have until the 16th November to get in touch with them.

Thanks Josh.

well you ignore their time limits that's for sure

they nor any DCA has ANY legal powers

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Josh and welcome to CAG

As DX says above, you can safely ignore any deadline "imposed" by Harlands - they have no power to make you do anything.

I've looked online and the type of m/ship agreement varies depending on the gym you signed up to. Can you let us know :-

1. What gym you used.

2. What was the monthly fee.

3. Did you join online; or did you join in the gym on their system; or did a staff member take you through the sign-up process and input your details.

4. Were you on a monthly no-contract agreement or a 6 or 12 month minimum agreement.

You say you saw no T&C's when you joined. I haven't been able to see any T&C's online yet despite having a good look for them. With most gyms, the T&C's are viewable BEFORE you go through the process of entering personal data but maybe that's not the case with Fit4Less.

Could you talk to a different gym (that offers the same type of m/ship) anonymously and ask them if you would be bound by T&C's about giving a month's notice if you want to leave. Let us know what you're told.

And give answers to the numbered Q's, so we can advise further.

Ignore any further demands from the gym or Harlands for now.

Finally, it probably doesn't matter if you used the gym or not - if you're bound by any T&C's, they'll apply regardless of gym usage.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

1. What gym you used.

Fit4less Oldbury f4l.com/oldbury

2. What was the monthly fee.

£19.99

3. Did you join online; or did you join in the gym on their system; or did a staff member take you through the sign-up process and input your details.

I went into the gym and joined member took me through the sign-up process and did everything basically

4. Were you on a monthly no-contract agreement or a 6 or 12 month minimum agreement.

I was on a monthly no-contract agreement.

There is no T&C's on there website or none that I can see. When i joined/signed up I was never shown anything either.

I will go to another gym in fact I could probably go to the same gym and ask as they wouldn't know who i was anyway. Will keep you updated probably be tomorrow as working all day today.

thanks for the quick reply :)

Hi Josh,

No need to contact one of their gyms - I've got the answer I needed already.

As with most other gym agreement Fit4Less require a month's notice if you want to cancel. Even though there's no minimum m/ship period, you still have to give this notice. The good news is that Harlands are too greedy to accept what you reasonably offer so you'll probably pay them nothing.

First off, I suggest you visit the gym and tell them you now realise you owe a final fee when you cancelled the DD without notice. Offer to pay the gym this final amount and, if they accept it, get them to sign the following letter before you pay them :-

Dear Fit4Less at Oldbury,

I was paying a monthly membership fee but was not using the gym. I cancelled the DD mandate after the October fee was paid.

If you require one final fee for the notice period, I will pay this so long as you accept it in full settlement of all that I owe Fit4Less and Harlands (who do your membership admin).

Yours faithfully.

Signed ________________ JoshUK

Countersigned by gym staff member ______________ Printed name

xxdate November 2016

If that doesn't work, we'll do a letter you can send to Harlands making a similar offer but refusing to pay any admin fees.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Letter as advised

No one said visit

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Josh,

Ah well, the visit was worth a try but I'm not surprised the gym's unwilling to help. They tend to ignore their customers as soon as any dispute arises.

See the letter here which you can carefully adapt and use - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?464998-Xercise4less-crs-spratt-edicott-once-again&p=4815303&viewfull=1#post4815303

Post a draft here first if you want it checked before sending to Harlands.

Use the advice on that post about getting proof of posting.

What happens ? - You've made an offer to pay if they accept within 14 days.

If they fail to accept the offer or fail to reply, the offer is withdrawn.

Wait and see what happens ...................

Letter as advised

No one said visit

Slick actually said visit?

Right sent the letter today so will wait and see what happens I guess :)

Thanks for the help, will let you know how it goes if they get back to me.