old Gym Membership Debt advice - email from daniel silvermans

Scaliger
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

i was member of a local gym for 5yrs, everything is going smoothly until lockdown in March 2020.

Gym was closed (but those who were mates with owners were allowed in)

i continued to pay membership for another 3 months until i decided to cancel.

i did not inform the gym i just cancelled my direct debit.

Move forward, to July 2022, i re registered again with the same local gym (12 month membership), i paid until end of Dec 2023, where i cancelled my membership due to discrimination, i informed the owner verbally in November, saying to them that if i am not being treated fairly and equal to other members im going to leave.

Move forward Sept 2023, i get a email (see below) from Daniel Silverman, i have had phone calls but not answered any.

"We have been instructed by XXXXXXXXXXX to collect the sum of £240.52 which is outstanding on your account.

Please note our involvement and ensure all future payments are made to ourselves not our client. Payment of the full balance should be made within 7 days to avoid the possibility of further action being taken against you.

To pay the outstanding amount please follow the instructions below or alternatively you can phone 0151 459 1850 or email [email protected] to arrange repayment of the amount by entering into an affordable payment arrangement based on your financial situation. If you are experiencing financial difficulties the following organisations may be able to help and offer free impartial advice:- StepChange on 0800 138 1111 / stepchange.org or Money Helper on 0800 138 7777 / moneyhelper.org.uk."

I have not engaged with these people as yet.

I do not have a copy of the membership, (i cant remember if i signed one, i know this sounds weird but i honestly cant remember)

I do remember not signing a direct debit form as they kept old details from 2yrs earlier and reactivated them.

I have read some of the posts on here about this debt agency, i wanted advice of what i should do to deal with them. Some friends have said to ignore them and others have said to engage with them. 

All advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advice.

• dx100uk changed the title to old Gym Membership Debt advice - email from daniel silvermans

ignore

nothing anyone can do

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...